HubSpot Ideas

Belbel

Customize the Task types

It will be great to add as many tasks types as possible, not only Call, Email or To-Do

162 Replies
MNicastro

Great idea, we really need it!

JThomp
Participant

I want to use the hubspot task manager as part of the Empowered Productivity system, which divides tasks into Next Actions, Projects (and Next Actions within Projects), Waiting For, Talk To, Future, Someday/Maybe.  Customizing the task types to correspond with this is essential for ease of use.

Frankly, people need the option to add/edit/change their own task types in the drop down menu.   Different industries, and even departments within a company, have different needs.

I have tried using the queues to set  up my needed categories, but it is definitely a clunky way to sort task types.  And queues don't work at all when I am accessing tasks from my gmail account.  Which is 95% of the time.  😞

LKüster

Just to echo that this is needed in every org I work with. Huge QoL.

NLagrou
Participant

Any update on this from the Hubspot team?

I also need more than 3 options in the Task type

mortenstaal
Participant | Platinum Partner

This is much needed. Are you going to work this into your road map any time soon?

fabiohub

Really needed urgent.

ISaunders

Adding my voice to this request to be able to custom set the TASK TYPE.

As a new user of full blown CRM, it seems strange that I cannot cross reference, report, or list tasks for different areas of the business in order to aid tracking and reporting.

Glad to see I'm not the only one, or had missed the feature at set up.

ISaunders

Adding my voice to this request to be able to custom set the TASK TYPE.

As a new user of full blown CRM, it seems strange that I cannot cross reference, report, or list tasks for different areas of the business in order to aid tracking and reporting.

Glad to see I'm not the only one, or had missed the feature at set up. Disappointed to see that there has been no apparent reply / acknowledgement from HubSpot on the issue in 2021

Belbel
Hi
So will Hubspot take care of this?
I think we are a bunch of users that will benefit...
GDixon5

fully agree, i would love to log "Samples sent" so it shows on the dashboard as its one of our KPIs

AKapalczynski

This function is a HUGE function the best CRM's allow a user to do! Please escalate this to the engineering team. 

This function is a HUGE function the best CRM's allow a user to do! Please escalate this to the engineering team. 

JDubPHL

This is a necessary feature, please implement ASAP.

jhsbaker

This thread has been open for a long time.  I agree, custom tasks is a no-brainer - there are much more types of tasks than Email, Call, To-do.  This would make my life much easier.  For calling I just filter by Type = Call, would be good to do the same for Linkedin, MMS, Video message, and more.

INSANE76

Yes totally true! Our company also need to add many tasks...

Thx

Iffah
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this idea and it would be great if we could customize tasks types since the use-case may differ across companies!

CBrinkhof21

essential!

CDalley

In our process, it would be good to add something like "Schedule Visit"

Looking at many of the comments, and the broadness of the responses, it would be most helpful if this were a configurable list. to meet everyone's unique needs.

AKapalczynski
Need this! I have 1,200 people on salesforce crm until then
MTorres27

Definitely needed.... it would make so much sense to have TASK TYPE as customizable property. 

JTabery

Not sure if this has been said, but would be nice for all activity types, i.e. notes, tasks, email, phone call, etc.