HubSpot Ideas

nicolerohrer

Customize the Billing Frequency options when creating a new product

Some customers have alternative billing situations for their products that do not fit within our current billing frequency options below. It would be nice if they had the option to create other intervals. One customer needs a five year option for example and has to find a workaround.

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 8.12.41 AM.png

HubSpot Updates
December 13, 2023 06:50 AM

Just a note here - 4 and 5 year billing frequencies are now live.

For customers looking for shorter hourly/weekly/bi-weekly and 18 month options, note that this is not currently on our roadmap for delivery but it is being discussed.  Frequencies non-divisible evenly by 12 have big implications on deal calculations, totals, future start dates, and require a significant re-thinking across the board.  We'll continue to discuss this as a future option, but I don't expect this through the first half of 2024.

November 14, 2023 02:04 PM

Hi crew,

As I mentioned a tad earlier, we're getting close here.  If you want to sign up for the 4/5 year beta, please email me at vgumaer@hubspot.com subject line: Expanded Billing Frequencies.

Being Reviewed
October 16, 2023 07:31 AM

Hi, community.  I just wanted to share an update on this request.  This idea is still in review, but we do hope to deliver on the longer time ranges in the next couple of quarters.  For the shorter cycles, we have begun to investigate the scope and implications across our various commerce systems but do not yet have a firm plan for moving forward at this time.  Thank you, Victoria Gumaer.

August 30, 2022 10:52 AM

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). We absolutely want to expand the flexibility of billing and contract frequencies within the HubSpot Product object,  but we're working on several other features this quarter and we needed to make some hard decisions about what to prioritize. 

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

April 06, 2022 08:40 AM

Hey folks - Ethan here, PM for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter, again. We absolutely want to expand the flexibility of billing and contract frequencies within the HubSpot Product object, and it's likely we will work on this project this year, but we're working on several other features (e.g. adding support for installement plans/payment schedules, support for discount codes, and making the line item editor more standard) this quarter and we needed to make some hard decisions about what to prioritize. 

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get this treatment. 

January 14, 2022 11:20 AM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter. We absolutely want to expand the flexibility of billing and contract frequencies within the HubSpot Product object, and it's likely we will work on this project this year, but we're working on several other features (e.g. allowing you to add Line Items to Deals via Workflows, expanding the number of supported decimals in Product/Line Item properties) this quarter and we needed to make some hard decisions about what to prioritize. 

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get this treatment. 

Being Reviewed
December 02, 2020 02:35 PM

139 Replies
aschaefer_1999
Agree. Same situation here. Upvote!
sbrownie3

We need an every 5 year

DSMMOC

really missing this functionality from our salesforce account 

UltraVegas
Participant

It is a must need for our company as we need the billing frequency to be B-Monthly (every 2 months). Without it we may need to look at other CRM options. 

Also our terms are in issues or periods and not months... 

UltraVegas
Participant

On a side note, having such an option is critical to our company, as I believe as to others as well.... A feature request like this not yet on the roadmap, that is an easy fix (a fix that wouldn't take more than an hour), that has been asked for for 2 years now has me second guessing our future with your product line and we will start looking at other CRM's again instead upgrading to a paid plan in the future as our young company grows. @ethankopit 

SKH

@ethankopit not sure if you've realised, but allowing us to add Line Items to Deals via Workflows or expanding the number of supported decimals in Product/Line Item properties doesn't mean anything if we can't actually use the sales or quote tools in the first place. The original request is now two years old and I'd love to see you tell us why its taken that long to make a relatively simple change. Customisable billing frequencies are a feature on almost all other CRMs and the support available from HubSpot around their lack of such a feature has been atrocious. Don't bother replying in this thread again if its just to tell us that "this feature is not on [y]our roadmap for this quarter (again)"

KOrosz
Participant

This new feature that doesn't allow us to write any number into Term just the multiple of Billing Frequency was a really bad idea. It occure all the time when the Billing frequency is Quarterly but the last bill is not a full quarter. Now we're unable to write the real number of months into Term property if the the Billing frequency is not monthly. Could you suggest something to solve this serious issue? 

SamB1
Participant

We would like the option to hide the billing start date as we do it from contract signed date and not a predetermined date

MCardenas
Participant

The new validations to allow only full cycles of payment frequency is not letting us be accurate in our records in HubSpot. We frequently receive payments annual in advance, but midterm clients add more services. We are still paid anually, but the number of months may be not exactly 12 or 24. Please allow more flexbility so other departments like finance can get accurate information from the data they pull from HubSpot!!!

JNathan7

Please add to the roadmap

We cannot create proposals or products in HubSpot because most of our billing frequencies are not an option. (Weekly, Bi-Weekly).

ChaosFreak
Contributor

Yet another feature that all the compating CRMs have, but HubSpot doesn't. And yet another feature that HubSpot has been sitting on for years while they waste time tweaking the interface.

There is no acceptable workaround for this.

HubSpot quotes look terrible already with all the other workarounds I need to apply just to show discounts properly.

HubSpot needs to devote serious time to improving quoting. It's the most expensive CRM on the market and the quoting tool is the worst, most basic, least flexible out there.

aschaefer_1999

What is the timeline for more options on billing frequency?  Continuing to track this manually is not going to work for us beyond this year.

Payrollman

We need to add the following frequencies:

Weekly

Bi Weekly

Semi Monthly

Can someone from Hubspot let me know if this is on the product roadmap?

aschaefer_1999
We also need ASAP

- Every 4-years
- Every 5-years
- Every 6-years

Bortega86

This ability is severely needed.  Hubspot quoting appears to be built for subscription sales.  I imagine that there are a lot of industrial service users of Hubspot our company included.  We are a service provider and we do bill by the hour as well as by the job.  We NEED this feature.  We also need the ability to view more than the name of a product when adding items to a quote!  How many of you memorized part numbers?!

Bortega86_0-1659047509703.png

Kbauermeister
Participant
Everyone,
Doesn’t it seem kinda crazy that HubSpot for all the wonderful tools it provides lets a simple fix like this billing issue to go without any attention?

I posted this request for a fix YEARS ago. I have since left the platform, not for another platform, but because I have left the marketing industry entirely and scratch my head every time I receive one of these notices.

Maybe someone with some real clout could point this out to a higher up at Hubspot. Seriously.

Best,
Karen
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). We absolutely want to expand the flexibility of billing and contract frequencies within the HubSpot Product object,  but we're working on several other features this quarter and we needed to make some hard decisions about what to prioritize. 

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

AHewitt5

We would need to be able to bill people out as a day rate as well as rent equipment out on a weekly basis.

NicoleJ
HubSpot Moderator

+1

Michael_K

+1