Customize the 5 Sales Templates Seen by Free Users

Free users are limited to 5 templates; unfortunately if you have more (for example 10) template within your company free users only see the oldest 5 templates.

I want to select (for every free user) what templates they can use.

HubSpot updates
changed to: Not Currently Planned
Apr 27, 2020

Hi Community,

In an effort to be more transparent about our team's roadmap, I am updating this issue to 'Not Currently Planned' because this is not planned in our next quarter of work. We have evaluated some ways we can solve this in the future, and I will continue to update here until we have a solution to this problem.

Best,

Glen

31 Replies
New Contributor

I totally agree! We need this absolutely for a better user experience about Hubspot!

Occasional Contributor

Yes, this is a must-have. 

New Contributor

Must have.

Occasional Contributor

Must have!

New Contributor

Seems like a bait and switch or at the very least disengenuous and useless to most organizations. Especially because when you are first getting started you likely are not aware of this. In my case I was just getting used to the system and the order/decision as to which templates I was creating was just experimentation. Now I feel like I'm stuck with no way out other than pay $100/mo for users that will only use 1-5 emails and no other features. 

I cannot remember any mention anywhere on the marketing or in the sales calls that say only the first 5 are available to other users in my account. I saw "free is 5 templates".

This type of practice doesn't make me an evangelist. It feels purposefully dishonest to force most people into an unnecessary upgrade.

Visitor

Ridiculous that you can't choose which templates or even why more templates can't be available. Not happy that I need to add another paid seat just to access this feature.

Occasional Contributor

Any workarounds for this? We have 5 on sales pro but I still want my admin team to use 5 templates I choose 

Occasional Contributor

I would hope we could at least let those free users create their own 5 templates instead of getting the 5 oldest ones in the system. Hopefully this gets updated soon!

Occasional Contributor

We pay for 10 seat licenses for Sales Enterprise but have some non-sales team members who would benefit to using a few templates.  This is a major issue.  Essentially, we would have to delete all legacy templates and recreate them, so that non-sales team member could use the "oldest" templates.  Lot of hoops to jump through for easy fix on Hubspot's side.

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: Not Currently Planned

Hi Community,

In an effort to be more transparent about our team's roadmap, I am updating this issue to 'Not Currently Planned' because this is not planned in our next quarter of work. We have evaluated some ways we can solve this in the future, and I will continue to update here until we have a solution to this problem.

Best,

Glen

Occasional Contributor

Agree with the comments here. We have a good % of our team on Sales Pro (all sales staff, CEO, and some marketing), but have a few developer accounts that need to send off the templates, once a week or so. Not enough to justify a Sales Pro account.