HubSpot Ideas

lalexander

Customize default deal name

Hey team!

It would be great if it were possible to customize the default deal name. When creating a new deal from a contact/company record, for example, some customers may want to automatically pull in both the contact and the associated company's name. Others may want the deal creation date pulled in automatically or the deal creator's name. If there were any opportunities to pull in known info when creating a deal from anywhere other than scratch, I'd love to see those as potential pieces of info to include.

Thank you!

HubSpot Updates
In Beta
December 12, 2023 10:16 AM

Hi everyone! Exciting update from the product team - the ability to customize the default deal name (instead of “-New Deal”) for deals created from existing contact and company records is now in private beta!  To get access, click on the dropdown in the upper righthand corner of HubSpot, select "Product Updates" and select the Betas section under "Early Access." Scroll down until you see the Beta called "Customize Default Deal Name" and click “Request Beta.”

For more info, please visit the Knowledge Base article (use password: Deals_126899).

71 Replies
sjh0009

I was looking to see if this was an option, but I guess it's not. It would be nice to have this as an option for my company that is starting to use HubSpot. Can we get an update on this? 

guod123

Couldn't you just make a workflow that updates the name after create? 

So you would have a workflow trigger after create date, or modify date etc. 

Then the name from the existing field will write to a new field called "original name"

Then you would do a concatenated of the new field and some "stock text" 

you could make this an if then if there is a pipeline or deal type. 

Then only let it run once, no re-enrollment. I think that should fix it. If you need help deploying I can do a call with anyone to talk through it. 30 minutes free for sure. 

Best, 

guod123

So you would have a workflow trigger after create date, or modify date etc. 

Then the name from the existing field will write to a new field called "original name"

Then you would do a concatenated of the new field and some "stock text" 

you could make this an if then if there is a pipeline or deal type. 

Then only let it run once, no re-enrollment. I think that should fix it. If you need help deploying I can do a call with anyone to talk through it. 30 minutes free for sure. 

Mattia

Agree! Would love to see this as well

Jennifer_

Yes, please add. When I create a new deal in "Companies" it defaults to [company name] - new deal. I'd like to change that.

Amy_Brierley
Contributor

A great idea, and would be great for us if we could set defaults by user types.

JBowater

This would be a great addition! Would make it a lot easier to find what deals i'm looking for, and manage my campaigns. 

Ambreen

It's a great idea! Any updates from HubSpot regarding this feature? Or is there anything in the HubSpot Marketplace that can be used to implement this?

Asterix

We would absolutely use it and want this.  Syncing with Shopify generates random deal names instead of a cusotmer name.  

RBP-AdamSand

YES!!

Not sure why, but I do not need to consider contacts of retail B2C sales to go to their university as a default deal name because they are using their university email address. 

Sheldonxz

Isn't this possible by using an automation triggered by deal creation? I am having a bit of problem now as deal automations can only pull in deal properties

repumartek
Participant

That would be great when we can customize Deal Name by Default, such as: [Contact Name]-[YYMMDD]-... or [Contact Name]-[Contact Company]-YYMM-[Fixed Text, e.g: MyCity]-...

Marius_T

This is something that would be very helpful! As there are so many in the community that is longing for such an option I hope this gets implemented.

StatMedInc

having the ability to alter the auto fill deal name would be a good step forward.  I like the deal name to be customername-date-product interest.

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi commenting for a customer here!

Now we have 2 deal properties we can change; whatever a team member see when they try creating a new deal, as well as default deal properties.

It would be really useful if we can change the deal name from deal amount + name to other properties such as deal owner! Everyone has different needs and naming conventions, this should be enabled within our portal too (: Thanks!

flynn_43
Participant

Needed for us too, definitely!

SGradeckas

Piling on to the request. Would be very helpful for us!

ElliottSilver

This is needed! There needs to be a way to control how reps name deals. I've tried the workflow method to change the name but that doesn't allow you to add the company name into the deal name automatically. I would love to see this added soon! 

arubin
HubSpot Employee

If you have access to workflows (Professional or Enterprise), you can create workflow like mentioned above.  Here is an example where I wanted to have the Job ID (custom property) and just keep the deal name which I was fine with.  You can play around with this however you want though and use personalized tokens taking info from properties.

arubin_0-1617930396624.png

VCheung
Contributor

As many users have mentioned already. What would solve problems is allowing creation of workflows with different property types i.e: deal, company and product

In our example we would like to have Company Name + Product Name added to the Deal Name. Not just fields related to one property type

Regards