HubSpot Ideas

lalexander

Customize default deal name

Hey team!

It would be great if it were possible to customize the default deal name. When creating a new deal from a contact/company record, for example, some customers may want to automatically pull in both the contact and the associated company's name. Others may want the deal creation date pulled in automatically or the deal creator's name. If there were any opportunities to pull in known info when creating a deal from anywhere other than scratch, I'd love to see those as potential pieces of info to include.

Thank you!

71 Replies
APIANT
Participant | Elite Partner

This would become especially useful when using APIs to create deals in conjunction with user created deals and keeping the names unique with a date for retrieval by deal name.

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Replying to the thread to try and gain it some momentum. As we have increasingly more opportunities to automate outside of Hubspot its becomes super important to have common identifiers and this typically is a deal name. Would love this feature. If you would to please add a comment and upvote. 

paddington
Participant

please.  This would be very useful.

TonyLantech

Agree.  I was just looking up how to essentially “concatenate” fields that already exist to build an unique Deal Name.

Bryantworks
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

This would be super useful to some of the larger organizations that I work with.  Good idea!

KaiWe

YES please!

Topgunformation

We have the same problem ! It would be very efficient to have this fonction. Thank you.

relmendorf

Yes this is something that would come in very handy!  A work around is to create a separate workflow with a field to "create deal" and then you can modify what the deal name looks like then using all contact fields.

melvd

This would be such a time saver

RonZiev

This would be really helpful to recognize the deal across different systems. 

MichelleFink
Contributor

Yes! We need to standardize our deal names so any default settings that can be preconfigured would be SO helpful. Our sales team has to remember how to name a deal in our standard and I think it should just as easily be pulled token info

bmoore509
Contributor

Is there any update from Hubspot on this? Would be great to see.

Bucci

Piling on, agree this is a useful feature

galenking

We would find this useful also.

guod123

yes please

Jmac1

Any movement on this?  Would be huge timesaver

relmendorf

This would be fantastic to have.  

guod123

Please I would love a status on this as well!

SDBrennan
Member | Elite Partner

This feature has been requested by a number of my sales and management team. It would be great to be able to help the team standardise our deal names using tokens. 

jameseob

Agree with all above, with out this feature or the ability to control the deal header it is making it impossible to use