Customize default country code for phone numbers

when a contact is added to Hubspot the telephone prefix is set to default to the US. I am in the UK and having to re set it for every contact is tiresome. why not have this as one of the choises in setting?

HubSpot updates
Jan 16, 2019

Completely agree - manually changing takes some serious time when repeated.

The only one workaround I can think of would be to mass upload an amended version of the phone numbers of my contacts with the country code of my choice.

7 Replies
Regular Contributor

Yeah, we are the same in Australia, all of our contacts are in Australia and it's really annoying having to add the country code to everyone before we call them. Please have this as a property and/or an account-wide default so all of our new contacts can automatically get the Australian country code.

New Contributor

Same here. We are in Spain and this takes a huge amount of time.

HubSpot please help us make more calls, be happier customers and spread the sprocket love!

HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Completely agree - manually changing takes some serious time when repeated.

The only one workaround I can think of would be to mass upload an amended version of the phone numbers of my contacts with the country code of my choice.

New Contributor

Hey @EmmanuelC  has anything been done about this yet?  Seems like a simple fix.

@Tangerine  - this has been annoying me to.  I found that Aircall have a great product where you can set country code and it automatically logs all calls with Hubspot against the record.  I've been testing it out today and it seems to work great.  The only thing is the price tag - they require minimum 3 users @ $40 per user + outgoing call charges.  It's a bit expensive but the call quality and the functionality is superior to Hubspot (for now anyway).  Just a thought.

New Contributor

I am based in South Africa and I am using HubSpot forms for the first time in my landing pages. The campaigns that I set up will largely be targeted at prospects in foreign countries. For a Portuguese search campaign targeting prospects in Brazil, for instance,  it would make filling the form out easier for a prospect if I could set the default country code to Brazil (+55). These prospects would not have to scroll through the list to complete this field.

Yes, sounds easy to fix and it will save a huge time.

We are in Brazil and ask someone to fill the form using +55 or even select a country code  makes no sense as we only have brazilian clients.

New Contributor

I would also very much like this feature. I would love it if we could also select the default country code, especially since the current list is ordered by English, so it can be challenging for our non-English speaking prospects to find their country.