HubSpot Ideas

calebbf

Customize Zapier Original Source Drill Down fields

Using Zapier to capture leads, it would be helpful to be able to customize the Zap so that the Original Source and Original Source Drill Down 1 and 2 are more descriptive and accurate. 

For instance, using Zapier to capture live chat leads coming through Drift, it's not really helpful that Original Source is "Offline Sources" and Original Source Drill Down 1 is "INTEGRATIONS PLATFORM". It would be great to have the flexibility to change at least one of the fields to "Drift". 

Similarly, using Zapier to capture Group Demo requests through Zoom. If only during the setup of the Zap, I could specify the Original Source Drill Down to be Group Demo!

Understandably, there is some tricky lead attribution here - but it's not accurate that the leads came through "Offline Sources" in these cases, since they both came through the website. 

Still, being able to customize the Drill Downs to specify which Zap the leads came from would help provide better, more accurate data for reporting. 

10 Replies
KatieCollaro
Participant

We are looking to use Zapier to instantly integrate new customers from Facebook Lead Gen Ads. However the Original Source of these customers comes through in Hubspot as 'Direct Traffic', skewing our referral traffic. 

Would be good to be able to have this come through as Social Media and more information on Original Source Drilldown 1 like 'Facebook Lead Generation Ads'.

dstemo
Participant

I saw another similar idea on the forum, but I want to comment on both so they both float to the top. Not sure how this isn't a bigger issue. We have been dealing with this problem for ages. We just have to create more and more custom fields, which is a terrible workaround. HubSpot please oh please look into customizing the original source options for Zaps!

Turner_Sato

This change is key to us improving our UX. We're testing paths to conversion but we can't continue if we can't see the source and use it to enter contacts into appropriate workflows. Please help!

c_chaplin
Participant

I'd like to also call out that it's not just Zapier integrated leads. We are using GoToWebinar and Drift integrations directly and these leads also come through as "Offline Sources" which is totally innaccurate since they actually originate through our own online channels. The Original Source Drilldown is the always the same, INTEGRATIONS_PLATFORM. So doesn't it make more sense for these to be bucketed under Other Campaigns or even have a new category added called Integrated Tools but still compute those as online sources and not Offline?

Thanks!

JackMaden
Participant

Hey there - is there any progress on this issue or has anyone found a workaround? Thanks

jjsolis

I would love to know if there has been something new about this as well. 

mgandi
Participant

Hey there!

I have a similar problem with the integration of Eventbrite. I use Eventrite to organize events and as we promote the event through different channels, I would like to know which promotion channel is most efficient. We host Evenbrite's registration forms (using embedded iframes) on a HubSpot landing page and when somebody registers, we would like to have the Original Source carried over to HubSpot. Knowing that the registration process starts on a HubSpot page, I would expect to see this information being available in the HubSpot contact history together with the indication that the contact has registered for X and Y event.

Anything you guys can do to make this happen?

SBenfield
Participant

Any updates on this as I am looking for a solution on this. I am unable to show the truest source when it Zapier shows as direct traffic with drill-down showing "unknown url".

ingramleedy
Contributor

Umm....  Hubspot, please update the Zapier integration to allow customization of Original Source Drilldown 1 and Original Source Drilldown 2. 

What if I have multiple ZAPs doing different lead sources, how am I suppose to trigger based on the new contact?  I guess I am forced to add custom properties and junk up the database more.

I thought the intent of Original Source Drilldown 2 was to indicate what campaign too.

herodotuseduc
Contributor

i am seeing a lot of missing Original Sources that are attributed to Zapier (Zapier transfers data to Hubspot AFTER the user lands on the website) instead of the actual and true Original Source. Could this be the reason? Instead of seeing Direct Traffic, Paid Search, etc, i am seeing INTEGRATION (Zapier). Is this because the cookies are not captured and as a result, Hubspot recognises subsequent Contact creation by Zapier as Original Source?