HubSpot Ideas

JonnyT

Customize Ticket Properties based on Pipeline

We work with several different pipelines of HubSpot service tickets.  We would like to set the default for displayed ticket properties based on the pipeline we're working with.  For instance, we want to see our custom "Serial Number" field in our RMA pipeline, but we don't need to see that field on the ticket for our "Enhancement Request" pipeline.

64 Replies
plejcar

We have the same problem, and unfortunately don't have a current workaround. We have tried workflow creations, making properties not required, naming properties to be specific to the pipeline (in hopes it would guide the individuals fill them out more easily)....but nothing works great. Hope this comes soon...

AnnieRECIPE
Contributor | Platinum Partner

LOVE THIS! 

Much needed update. 

MScaramastra
Contributor

I'm still sorting out the optimal solution but am thinking that I should be able to at least get the left sidebar customized by team, which will work for my use case of only a second pipeline as a v1 workaround. I know you can set up conditional property groups so that will be implemented at some point too.

Fredrikhoglind
Participant

+1

ZGilbert
Member | Diamond Partner

+1 Here!

Sharing this with everyone I know, these features are certainly critical.

LuisBest
Participant

+1 

This is critical for our buisness, we have so many different things to track depending on the pipeline, right now there is no work around this topic.

Hope functionality is announced soon and for all packages not only "Enterprise". 

Kerry_Peterson
Member | Partner

This is very much needed.  We should be able to create a form on desktop or mobile, have that form drop into the right pipeline.  The same form should be able to pulled up on the "create ticket" by pipeline.  

This seems like a no-brainer.  

KiG

We have the same need sp grat this has attention.

BEdwards

This functionality is really needed. In current state only one team can really use the tickets in service hub. 

Rachel_HWG
Participant

Agree 100%. Glad to see this in in planning. We are just building our service side and we also have several types. We have property fields that would never be associated to another type of ticket based on product and service issue that makes it hard to build great custom views.  With this feature added we'd also love to see more ticket options so we can highly automate the process per ticket. Enterprise upgrade doesn't give enough either but I don't see the need until we can truly build custom properties per ticket.  Desperately needed.  From a Service based company!! 

CBitts

Just adding my voice to the vote to hopefully spur this forward a little faster. @Rachel_HWG describes almost exactly the same use case as me about property fields never being associated to other ticket types. 

We need to be able to customize the ticket/deal creation experience to make sure we get all the info we want for that specific deal or ticket type. The harder/more confusing it is for someone to figure out what they need to do, the less they'll use Hubspot altogether. It needs to be incredibly simple and easy to do what we want them to do. The way to do this is to only ask for what is 100% necessary to create that specific ticket/deal and nothing more.

Rachel_HWG
Participant

@CBitts  🤞 

One way I am customizing the process in the meantime is using Zapier.  I create a digital form to request a ticket (like Google forms or JotForms) and then the ticket populates with the criteria from the digital form versus sorting through all the property fields to internally generate a ticket in HubSpot. Simplifies it a ton for the end user creating the ticket.  I created one digital conditional form for all departments, but you could create separate department forms going as granular to the individual ticket/pipeline type. 

CSic
Contributor

I agree about the "Create" form being conditional to the pipeline - that would be amazing and so helpful to collect the appropriate fields from the start.

As for display, there is a way to add customized sections under the "About" area on the left sidebar and select the properties to display for the additional sections. Currently I name the additional section as the pipeline name and list the corresponding properties for that pipeline.

If you are on the Professional plan, all sections added for all pipelines will appear on screen and you can open/close the one you need depending on the ticket. If you have enterprise, you can make the section conditional so only the section you want to appear will show (ex: based on the pipeline). I'm not sure what functionality is available in starter.

Rachel_HWG
Participant

@CSic I have the Pro plan.  Are you able to share a screen shot with that function or a Hubspot resource?  I would love to see that functionality available on the enterprise version or where you customize that in your settings to not share your personal info.

CSic
Contributor

@Rachel_HWG

Under Settings > [Object] > Record Customization > Ticket record left sidebar > “Edit” > "Add section"

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 4.38.45 PM.png

KiG
It makes no sense at all needing to buy an expensive Pro plan at all to Get access to such basic minimum functioninality.. This is the major reason not to invest in using Hubspot. Free and starter plan looks amazing but ome quickly find ome Are trapped needing at least Pro plan to Get descent basic functionionality that should Rather be part of Starter plan. We Are also nonprofits but even with a discount it is not affordable and even SalesForce package their services better. Hubspot has the potential but Current packaging will backfire making us and others look for alternatives.

Ellesyanna
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Very surprised this isn't yet possible - definitely needed! Same counts for deal creation properties per pipeline.

MSanderson3

I agree with this user.

Both these options suggested as an improvements are really basic functionalities that are missing, I'm not sure why this would be up for debate from Hubspot... piplines require specific properties as per the product being supported in that pipeline. As someone looking to purchase the professional capabilities of support, this is what I'm considering this to be a deal breaker. An excel sheet does a better job for free. 

rwebb1
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone - I'm Rachel from the CRM Product team. I wanted to post a quick status update on this idea. We’re actively working on a feature that will enable you to customize the ‘Create record’ form by deal, ticket, or custom object pipeline. This means that different properties will be displayed on the ‘Create record’ form depending on which pipeline a user selects. This falls into the first category of work that Jeff mentioned in his previous post (record creation). I hope to post here soon with more updates. 

Thank you for your input and please keep the feedback coming! 

Rachel

rwebb1
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all! An update for you - we are now in private beta for a feature that will enable you to customize the ‘Create record’ form by deal, ticket, or custom object pipeline. This means that different properties will be displayed on the ‘Create record’ form depending on which pipeline a user selects.

Your CSM can request access to this beta on your behalf. We plan to move this feature to public beta in the near feature based on usage and customer feedback, at which point customers will be able to opt in themselves.