HubSpot Ideas

CCIlumia

Customize Quote template/appearance

Hi!

Could be awesome if we can configurate the proposal / quote template.

Thanks

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
March 15, 2022 08:57 AM

Hi all! Tori here, I’m excited to announce that our Customized Quote Template feature is finally live to all Sale Hub Pro and Enterprise customers. 

What does this mean? 

Sales Hub Pro and Enterprise customers can harness the power of our CRM, CMS, and Payments to create personalized digital quoting experiences for their customers using Customized Quotes.

What features does this include?

• Add/remove/changing text, images, videos, links, files etc on a template
  • Set default terms that won’t be editable in the quote wizard
  • Add/remove columns to the line item table (including images!)
  • Show/hide modules of the template 
  • Add personalization tokens to templates
  • Show/hide total, subtotal, and additional fee sections
  • Update colors and fonts using theme settings
  • Associate a custom domain with a template
  • Set language and locale on the custom quote template

This feature allows sales reps to: 

• Select a custom quote template when creating a quote
  • Worry less about adding stock content to every quote (like terms) and additional settings like language and locale
  • Add custom terms and comments in addition to the default terms that have been added to the custom quote template

This feature allows developers to:

(requires CMS Starter or above or Marketing Hub Pro or above)

• Leverage familiar CMS building blocks and languages such as themes, templates, modules, and hubL to create quote templates
  • Package quote templates in a theme alongside website, landing page, and blog templates
  • Create quote templates for proposals, quotes, contracts, and invoices. 

How can you access it?  

Super admins can create custom quote templates in settings > objects > quotes. 

What’s next for custom quotes

You all have been fabulous at providing feedback on this feature. Coming soon:

• More default quote templates to help you get started
  • Quote reporting
  • CRM Quote API Create and Update functionality
  • A new quote interface to view and manage quote details

Thank you all for your patience and feedback throughout this process. We appreciate it!

December 01, 2021 06:03 AM

Hi all!

My name is Tori and I am the Product Manager taking ownership of our quotes tool. I’m writing to let you know that the custom quotes no-code editor is now officially in open beta! 

What does this mean? 

Beta participants no longer need access to our CMS Hub (starter and above) or Marketing Hub (pro and above) to create custom quotes. Now Sales Hub Pro and above users will be able to leverage our no-code template editor to create custom quote templates. 

What features does this include?

This beta allows user to:

- Add/remove/changing text, images, videos, links, files etc on a template

- Add/remove columns to the line item table (including images!)

- Show/hide modules of the template 

- Add personalization tokens to templates

- Show/hide total, subtotal, and additional fee sections

- Update colors and fonts
- Associate a domain with a template

How can you access it?  

You can now request beta access by contacting your customer success manager. If you are unsure of who your CSM is, please contact customersuccessteam@hubspot.com.

We are so excited to finally open this tool to you all and we hope to continue to work with you all to make it even better. 

September 09, 2021 10:25 AM

FYI @ehulstein it's taken us longer than I'd like, but we're making progress on the no-code editor. If you'd like, I'm looking for folks to bug test the customizable versions of Modern and Original. If you're interested, send me a DM.

September 09, 2021 10:22 AM

Hey folks - Ethan Kopit here, the product manager of HubSpot Quotes. I wanted to drop in to give you some updates. We're continuing to make headway on custom quote templates and over the next several months, you should see some serious changes coming your way. We will be bring a no-code editor into beta that allows users to...

- Add/remove/changing text, images, videos, links, files etc on a template

- Add/remove columns to the line item table (including images!)

- Show/hide sections of the template 

- Add personalization tokens to templates

- Show/hide total, subtotal, and additional fee sections

^^ all of the above (and more) is possible today if you'd like to custom code your own template, it's just the no-code editor that isn't quite ready for general beta yet. I'll make an announcement here when the no-code editor is available for beta. If you'd like to write custom code and/or create templates from scratch, reach out to your customer success manager and they can get you into the beta. 

I appreciate your enthusiasm and your patience. I can't wait to deliver these features to you. But, we're taking to time to make sure that Quotes is stable and bug free (including the custom template features) so we can set you up for success. Stay tuned!

April 29, 2021 12:49 PM

Hey team - if you don't know your customer success manager (i.e. CSM) - I would recommend emailing customersuccessteam@hubspot.com

April 29, 2021 12:35 PM

@ZMeggyesi we're just putting the finishing touches on the editable version of "Modern" (first of the three standard templates). So, you're welcome to try that out. Contact your CSM and they can help get you into the beta.

In Beta
April 29, 2021 11:43 AM

Hey team, 

I wanted to post a two-part update. We're really excited to keep moving this feature forward. 

First, for those that are looking to custom quote templates without doing and coding - we hear you! We're actually quite close to releasing an editor that will allow you to change text, images, show/hide sections, etc. for quotes. Currently, we're re-building our standard quote templates (Modern, Basic, Original) so that they can be customized using that editor. We'll also be releasing many more templates in the coming months. Stay tuned! 

Second, for the folks who are using the CMS to code custom templates - we have important news! We're making some changes to quote templates and your action is required. The short version is that we're making some tweaks to templates that will not only make templates easier to build, but will allow them to be connected to the quote template editor I mentioned above (as well as a host of other exciting features). If you have templates, you'll need to make some changes to them to continue using them. These are the changes my message below was alluding to. You can read the full announcement, as well as directions to documentation, on my blog post here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Custom-Quote-Template-Beta/It-s-time-The-next-phase-of-the-custom-quotes-beta-Action/ba-p/432864

Thanks for sticking with us - and please continue to participate in our beta and giving us feedback.

In Beta
December 02, 2020 12:16 PM

Hey folks - Ethan here (the Product Manager of HubSpot Quotes), I wanted to provide an update to those of you that are currently using HubSpot CMS to create custom quote templates. Hundreds of people are creating custom templates and we greatly appreciate the feedback as we make the features even better.

As we have collected feedback, we have realized that some of the features that will make these templates even more powerful, flexible, and easier to use will require that we make some changes to the underlying schema of these templates in the future. So, if you want to take advantage of new features coming dowmn the pipe, you should be prepared to make some changes to your templates. We'll do our best to make the required changes as minimal as possible. 

To be clear: you do not need to take any action at this time.

Your templates will continue to work as expected. However, you should expect to have to make some updates in Q1/Q2. We wanted to give you a heads up as soon as possible. I will update you as soon as we know exactly what changes you'll need to make in order to take advantage of new features. In the meantime, just keep an eye on this thread. 

Thank you for working with us - I'm excited to keep making these features even better.

September 30, 2020 12:36 PM

Hey folks - I was wondering how everyone is creating quote templates today. For those not exclusively using HubSpot quote templates, can I ask you two questions?

1. Did you build your quote/proposal template from scratch? Or did you use a pre-made template?

2. What is the solution you're currently using to build quote/proposal templates when you're not using the default HubSpot quote templates?

In Beta
September 30, 2020 12:23 PM

Hey team - my name is Ethan Kopit and I'm the new Product Manager of HubSpot Quotes. The beta of our quote/proposal customization tools is now available. If you'd like to try it out, contact your Customer Success Manager and they'll help you get access. 

Whether you've had a chance to use the new quotes customization features or not, we're actively seeking feedback on how to make Quotes better. If you'd like to give us some feedback, fill out this form: https://forms.gle/46ionti6Z1uEcTut8. If you're interested in being interviewed by myself and the CPQ Designer, Nate, leave your email at the end of the form. 

Thank you so much for your support and, as always, thank you for the feedback!

August 26, 2020 06:45 AM

Hi all!  

Our beta for Sales + Marketing/CMS Pro+ customers is presently underway.  This functionality allows your developers to customize the HTML/CSS of the Quote templates to pixel perfection.   If you meet this criteria for the beta, please shoot me a message with your hub ID.  We will get you access as soon as possible - at this time we are onboarding a limited number of customers at a time.

Regarding the above feedback - we are indeed planning and building iterations that do not require coding knowledge.  We agree this is an important part of enabling customization of quotes!

@QDagault  @finn - regarding the packaging of this, totally understand! The requirement is intended to only be a restriction during this beta process.. Initially, our template customization for Quotes uses the power of the CMS and Design Manager, which are presently not features available in Sales Hub.  We are working and planning around having customization solutions that are available to users with only Sales, too.  Thanks in advance while we work through this beta! 🙂 

May 26, 2020 05:11 AM

Thanks for all the interest!  I will report back with all of you when the beta becomes available.

432 Replies
outsane

Is there a way to hide the Standard Quote templates?  We have created a custom one that we are satisifed with, but would prefer the users not have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the Quote template dropdown to select it each time.  If the rest cannot be hidden, is there a way to designate a template as the default?

ClemOaky
Participant

Completely agree with @outsane . This is desired.

TBarbosa

It would also be cool if we could use the existing default templates from hubspot as a base model. I know we can use proposal simple/tall, but we cannot use the "modern" one and the others.

Kavya

Hi,

I know you guys got many ideas to implement in beta phase,

But it would be great if you add an option to switch between the languages in the review section of the quote so that the work will reduce for the developer's and also saves time.

Sdiddy407
Contributor

@ethankopit 

How can I get signed up for the Beta for this? We are an Enterprise customer and are needing these feeatures for a rollout of new products that we are looking to do.

andyb
Contributor | Gold Partner

We'd like to signup for the beta too please

CNeuenschwander
Member | Elite Partner

That would be great, if we can customize the quote templates.

Also helpful would be, if we can add a product group, so that if we have a main product with some sub products, the whole product group will be attached. If we have a main product with several sub products, it takes sometimes a lot of time to add all these.

Thank you!

HKing
Participant

The quote process is very restricting. I propose some very helpful changes:

- have templates in design manager, like emails and landing pages.

- Reference number: Either make it searchable in HubSpot or make it optional. It isn't serving a purpose if we cant use the REFERENCE number as a reference. 

-For my information, I cannot remove my image. Why does my image need to be in a quote? 

- Make the quote division-friendly. We have three divisions. With the current process, there is only one company option, one company logo option, and where there is only one option (company name) that is currently editable. It goes to the company's info on the account. So each divisions now needs to change their company (divison) information in a quote EVERY TIME.

- Logo: Let me decide if I want the logo on there or not, AND let me choose which logo. We have logos for different divisions and the main logo that is defaulted to our account is not one we would normally use.

dstefanic

Can we please be added to the beta as well? 

lgancarz

The ability to customize quote templates is highly desired for our sales team. We want to take advantage of the Quotes tool, but it's too restricting as is.  This includes being able to have a standard set of terms/conditions on our quotes without having to remember to add them each time, as well as start/end dates for the service being sold (since the products we sell are subscription based).

BNGUYEN
Member | Elite Partner

Hi,

we made multiple custom quote templates for our customers with advanced functionnality like custom calculation, sales terms, dynamics grouping of products (products and services for examples), dynamics columns (columns display only if there is a value etc). MANY things 😅

If you have questions, i'll try to help at the best of my knowledge in the page.

Of course, if you want a custom template, you can PM for more informations

RMusci
Member | Partner

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to create a new Quote template but I can't find the deafult cms_proposal_theme.

I'm following this guide 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/deals/create-custom-quote-templates-beta#use-the-custom-template-to-cr...

but as you can see in the screenshoot below there isn't cms_proposal_theme folder.

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 11.34.47.png

 Does anyone had this problem? 

KjellRuiter

Hi,

For us it would be a useful to be able to edit the modern quote in the beta. In this the signing process is better and you can do this in 2 different places. In the modern you can set the signing mails to be in different languages. This is not yet possible in the custom quote. 

we would also like to be able to customize this to different languages.

Does anyone have any experience with this or any ideas on how best to manage this?

BNGUYEN
Member | Elite Partner

@RMusci 

Hey. It seems the BETA functionnality is not yet activated in your Hub

@KjellRuiter

We did multiple custom templates including language versions for a customer. For now, it's the sales person who choose the right template (FR, EN, ES) but in next update, we will detect automatically a field on the deal for language if needed.

lucasfmsarmento
Participant

Please make this happen!

lucasfmsarmento
Participant

I'd really love to join the BETA!

Right now the inability to edit quote templates is preventing us to use the feature. Which is really frustrating!

CHarrison

Is there a way to hide line item pricing? If we could only show the totals that would be all we need to start using the quoting tool. Otherwise it's useless to us.

etroiani
HubSpot Employee

Dear all

For questions regarding quote customization please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.

Thank you

Best

Emiliano

BNGUYEN
Member | Elite Partner

CHarrison 

Yes it's possible with some good coding skills. You can PM me for any specific questions or to see how we can help.

Best regards

lucasfmsarmento

Ask your Hubspot AE or CSM, they will activate the functionality quickly

TomBTV

It would be great if we could add attachments to the quotation!