Customize Quote template/appearance

Hi!

Could be awesome if we can configurate the proposal / quote template.

Thanks

HubSpot updates
4 weeks ago

Hey folks - I was wondering how everyone is creating quote templates today. For those not exclusively using HubSpot quote templates, can I ask you two questions?

1. Did you build your quote/proposal template from scratch? Or did you use a pre-made template?

2. What is the solution you're currently using to build quote/proposal templates when you're not using the default HubSpot quote templates?

changed to: In Beta
4 weeks ago

Hey team - my name is Ethan Kopit and I'm the new Product Manager of HubSpot Quotes. The beta of our quote/proposal customization tools is now available. If you'd like to try it out, contact your Customer Success Manager and they'll help you get access. 

Whether you've had a chance to use the new quotes customization features or not, we're actively seeking feedback on how to make Quotes better. If you'd like to give us some feedback, fill out this form: https://forms.gle/46ionti6Z1uEcTut8. If you're interested in being interviewed by myself and the CPQ Designer, Nate, leave your email at the end of the form. 

Thank you so much for your support and, as always, thank you for the feedback!

Aug 26, 2020

Hi all!  

Our beta for Sales + Marketing/CMS Pro+ customers is presently underway.  This functionality allows your developers to customize the HTML/CSS of the Quote templates to pixel perfection.   If you meet this criteria for the beta, please shoot me a message with your hub ID.  We will get you access as soon as possible - at this time we are onboarding a limited number of customers at a time.

Regarding the above feedback - we are indeed planning and building iterations that do not require coding knowledge.  We agree this is an important part of enabling customization of quotes!

@QDagault  @finn - regarding the packaging of this, totally understand! The requirement is intended to only be a restriction during this beta process.. Initially, our template customization for Quotes uses the power of the CMS and Design Manager, which are presently not features available in Sales Hub.  We are working and planning around having customization solutions that are available to users with only Sales, too.  Thanks in advance while we work through this beta! 🙂 

May 26, 2020

Thanks for all the interest!  I will report back with all of you when the beta becomes available.

changed to: In Planning
Sep 18, 2019

Jun 4, 2019

Hi all! I know this doesn't solve all of the requests here, but I wanted to let those of you intereseted in a more formal/simplistic template know that we've just released one that can be chosen as the first step when creating a quote! The new template is called "Basic" and the old one is "Original". This is the first step for us to make Quotes even better for you in the long run. Thanks as always for the feedback!

261 Replies
HubSpot Employee

Update on quotes and proposals customization will be available soon for enterprise and CMS users. 

New Contributor

Hello !

Dnelson, if you need beta testers for the quotes, we are keen to help with that ! 

Have a nice day

Regular Contributor

In addition to customzing the quote template with HTML/CSS, I think it would be also of interest to allow HTML formatting for the product and product descriptions.    Today the description is a simple text field. If the content of the field/or line item could be customized per product would allow for more rich text, tables, or other nice formatting options for products.

New Contributor

Yet another simple feature that should be an obvious need for a sales team. My list of "what? I can't do this..." is growing.

HubSpot Employee

An important update on quote customization will be released at the Inbound 2020, stay tuned 🙂

Occasional Contributor

@hroberts great news! 

hope it's solid... we are more than a year in HS, still sending quotes in doc files from Google Drive to clients. hope it ends this September. 

New Contributor

I want to know when this is a thing! We want to customize our quotes through hubspot! 

HubSpot Employee

There will be updates on quote customization at Inbound 2020

New Contributor

@etroianilooking forward to the announcement.  what session at inbound is it due, please?      Also, do you or @dnelson have schema details for JSon objects e.g. ITEMS etc.   which feed into the current customisation feature.  I note that if something is null the JSon doesn't carry it down to the HTML making it difficult to run logic i.e. HUBL queries and filters.

HubSpot Employee

As there are many session, you could reach out to help@inbound.com for asking specific questions about topics or view the full agenda here  https://www.inbound.com/.

Thank you

New Contributor

For my simple view, all I want to know is 

When will it be available?

What will be able to do.

I'd rather not have to log into a 'webinair session' just to get a date & some information !!!

sadly I don't have time for a 'sales pitch' to deliver something which we (wrongly) assumed was already a feature of what we have paid for 😞

once it is 'live' then I can take a look and see that it does what we need it to do!

HubSpot Employee

HI Alan

We will be sharing more details after the Inbound 🙂

Thank you for understanding 

New Contributor

We'd love access to this on Beta. 

Visitor

Yes please - we really need this

Visitor

Hola me gustaría probar la opción para poder editar el formato de cotización

Este es mi ID: 8517692

Muchas gracias!!

New Contributor

We'd love access to this on Beta, 7094950

updated to: In Beta
HubSpot Product Team

Hey team - my name is Ethan Kopit and I'm the new Product Manager of HubSpot Quotes. The beta of our quote/proposal customization tools is now available. If you'd like to try it out, contact your Customer Success Manager and they'll help you get access. 

Whether you've had a chance to use the new quotes customization features or not, we're actively seeking feedback on how to make Quotes better. If you'd like to give us some feedback, fill out this form: https://forms.gle/46ionti6Z1uEcTut8. If you're interested in being interviewed by myself and the CPQ Designer, Nate, leave your email at the end of the form. 

Thank you so much for your support and, as always, thank you for the feedback!

HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - I was wondering how everyone is creating quote templates today. For those not exclusively using HubSpot quote templates, can I ask you two questions?

1. Did you build your quote/proposal template from scratch? Or did you use a pre-made template?

2. What is the solution you're currently using to build quote/proposal templates when you're not using the default HubSpot quote templates?

New Contributor

We use Pandadocs and upload into  hubspot. Huge pain. We use the hubspot quote model with dummy part numbers to reference deals. Looking forward to a solid quote module so I can dump pandadocs and work only in hubspot. 

New Contributor

Hi @ethankopit ,

Welcome onboard the quote customisation product!   My company has been working on the beta programme for about a month, and we're a fairly new HubSpot subscription.   We only want to use quote customisation so I'm building up a clone of the "Tall Proposal" to use for our products.     I suspect for many HubSpot subscribers the HTML builder won't fly for them, for us we have the skills to be able to build a solution.   One of the things I need to help me with this is a full schema of the objects that are available to me in the HTML template, which I can use with HUBL & associated markup.    My boss actually wants the same style of proposal that HubSpot used themselves when we signed up, as we felt it was the most straight-forward way for our customer base to understand our charging model.    I'm 99% there, just a reference to the schema(s) would be a massive help instead of having to reverse engineer.   Ta!

Peter,

HubID:  7563647