Customize Quote template/appearance

Hi!

Could be awesome if we can configurate the proposal / quote template.

Thanks

HubSpot updates
a month ago

Hi all!  

Our beta for Sales + Marketing/CMS Pro+ customers is presently underway.  This functionality allows your developers to customize the HTML/CSS of the Quote templates to pixel perfection.   If you meet this criteria for the beta, please shoot me a message with your hub ID.  We will get you access as soon as possible - at this time we are onboarding a limited number of customers at a time.

Regarding the above feedback - we are indeed planning and building iterations that do not require coding knowledge.  We agree this is an important part of enabling customization of quotes!

@QDagault  @finn - regarding the packaging of this, totally understand! The requirement is intended to only be a restriction during this beta process.. Initially, our template customization for Quotes uses the power of the CMS and Design Manager, which are presently not features available in Sales Hub.  We are working and planning around having customization solutions that are available to users with only Sales, too.  Thanks in advance while we work through this beta! 🙂 

May 26, 2020

Thanks for all the interest!  I will report back with all of you when the beta becomes available.

changed to: In Planning
Sep 18, 2019

Jun 4, 2019

Hi all! I know this doesn't solve all of the requests here, but I wanted to let those of you intereseted in a more formal/simplistic template know that we've just released one that can be chosen as the first step when creating a quote! The new template is called "Basic" and the old one is "Original". This is the first step for us to make Quotes even better for you in the long run. Thanks as always for the feedback!

234 Replies
Occasional Contributor

@dnelson We would like to be part of the Beta so we can hide some of the default columns. Our ID is 188537. 

Thanks!

New Contributor

@dnelson We would like to be part of the Beta so we can hide some of the default columns.

Thanks

New Contributor

I figured this part out Haha! Nevermind!

New Contributor
We really would love to have customizable/editable templates that the team can use when they are working on a deal. So, for instance I would attach all the required documentation and select all the settings for a specific deal type. If the sales person has a deal that falls within that deal type, then they can use my template.
The reason I want this is because we have certain deals that are always the same. Sort of like when hubspot has someone who signs up for sales professional. You will send them the same quote and details each time only with minor changes
New Contributor

Olá gostaria de também participar da versão beta.

Hello I would also like to participate in the beta version.

New Contributor

Can we decide the layout for reference #, it is very long?

Can there be standard tax rates that calculate based on customer location?

Can we get internal notes on products to reference when quoting?

New Contributor

It will be very helpful if we would have access to edit the template and rename the columns.

For example the prices are without VAT and the name of the column is "Unit price" but it should be "Unit price without VAT".

Also for "Total" it should be "Total without VAT"

Occasional Contributor

Hi I was wondering if Quotes canbe made to work like an excel sheet ?

To at least add in basic calculation formula.

And also yes, if templates can be customised for quotes, that will be great !

Thank you and keep safe 🙂

New Contributor | Platinum Partner
New Contributor | Platinum Partner

@dnelson - would love to be part of the beta when available. Quotes seem to be more and more of an issue for our customers, with a few migrating their proposals / quotes to other platforms.

New Contributor

Agree, it would great !

Esteemed Contributor

@dnelson : any news on the beta?

New Contributor

In addition to all of the ideas others have proposed which we also need I would add the ability tom have templates of prepopulated items. The ability to clone an existing quote and change the customer and company would be helpful. We use Pandadocs currently with Hubspot integration to get these features but would love to drop Pandadocs and stay inside hubspot for all activities. 

New Contributor

Our IT department developed a solution for us that allows us to customize templates. Let me know if anyone would like more information.

Esteemed Contributor

@dhaig , is your solution a commercial piece of software, code examples to use with Hubspot API, etc?

New Contributor

Not yet but we're seriously thinking about it.  Email me at haig@appliedmfg.com for more info if you would like.

Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner
Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner
This is a great idea, I know having the ability to do this will open up for opportunity for growth in the Sales pro product area!
Occasional Contributor

We would find it useful if templates can be assigned to different groups, ie template for retail sales and a different template for commercial sales. It would be good if the template can have the tax type saved to the template so it doesn't have to be added for each quote, and the "comments to buyer" and "purchase terms" able to be set for each template. 

Thank you 

Visitor

Yes, I would like the ability to edit fields, add new fields and have more control over the layout + branding. 

New Contributor | Gold Partner
New Contributor | Gold Partner

When will the beta be available? 🙂 

Occasional Contributor

I think the basic and original template is awesome.

It would help better if we can add description fields that have no value to it but can be reflected in the quotes, just as an added description to the product.

Also, if there is a way for the currency to actually show. For example a US Dollar Quote, to show 'US $1,000.00".

Although the company's currency in HubSpot is set to US Dollars, it does not show up in the invoice.

The dollar sign is a common symbol used by a few countries. It may be confusing for customers if the quote is in US Dollars but has details of a Singapore bank, payable to.

Both countries use $ for currency.

Thank you.