HubSpot Ideas

CCIlumia

Customize Quote template/appearance

Hi!

Could be awesome if we can configurate the proposal / quote template.

Thanks

432 Replies
AStretten
Participant

Hi Ethan,

No-code quotes is definatley needed asap. 

Also as a UK customer, all of our quotes requires VAT to be added. Right now, this means that our Sales teams will have to add it everytime, which i know will cause more admin errors than it should.

Is there not a way to be able to link this to the account, so that i will know to automatically add 20% VAT to it. It would be hard to have a VAT database the pulls the user account info and push the correct TAX. 

You could also have an options to turn it off if the user needs too.

HCGO

Is there any progress on being able to attach something to a quote?  

Thank you.

CUrsu1
Contributor | Elite Partner

@ethankopit any progress on the no code editor? 2 months since the last update. I have a potential use for this

BLaRosa
Contributor

We would be very keen to engage here and provide feedback on the beta.  Please advise how I can get access.

DRichardson9

Hi @ethankopit , my team and I just started using HubSpot and perhaps what you are rolling out would meet our needs. We were looking to "hack" for lack of a better word, the HubSpot line items and quote to design success plans on the Customer Success side.  Check this sample one I threw together:  

StaticShot_11-11-2021_14-52-52.png

What would make sense for us is to remove quoting language, the option to remove  pricing columns and even create a company template. We would prefer to not have to use another vendor for this.  Will what's coming allow for us to do this?

n-r

Hi Ethan,

I'm trying to make a custom template for our quotes with the beta editor. So far I have been able to change some fonts, but not all. I can't get rid of the SKU column. It does not seem to generate subtotals and fees. We really need to have taxes (21% for us in the Netherlands) on the quotes.
Can we get help from you on how to do this?

ASorensen

It would be ideal to be able to edit the email notification that automatically gets sent when a quote is triggered as well. Saying our CS team will follow-up soon would remove extra emails

SO18

Yeah ! Great idea

missiris

Hello Community

I think even before the rollout of any new features, the easiest part to be included in the ready made templates is to use the URL field provided in each product and enable a link in the quote on the product's name.

ty

GCrous

Hi @ethankopit , any update on this yet - looking forward to good news.

velliott
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all!

My name is Tori and I am the Product Manager taking ownership of our quotes tool. I’m writing to let you know that the custom quotes no-code editor is now officially in open beta! 

What does this mean? 

Beta participants no longer need access to our CMS Hub (starter and above) or Marketing Hub (pro and above) to create custom quotes. Now Sales Hub Pro and above users will be able to leverage our no-code template editor to create custom quote templates. 

What features does this include?

This beta allows user to:

- Add/remove/changing text, images, videos, links, files etc on a template

- Add/remove columns to the line item table (including images!)

- Show/hide modules of the template 

- Add personalization tokens to templates

- Show/hide total, subtotal, and additional fee sections

- Update colors and fonts
- Associate a domain with a template

How can you access it?  

You can now request beta access by contacting your customer success manager. If you are unsure of who your CSM is, please contact customersuccessteam@hubspot.com.

We are so excited to finally open this tool to you all and we hope to continue to work with you all to make it even better. 

JGriffiths1

There needs to be the option to add variations, for example, quotes for different colours of things. I dont want to provide a customer with 5 different individual quotes just for this. This is an extremely common thing for quotes to need. Without this option it makes using the Hubspot quote system not possible for our business. Please can this be added! 🙂 

marlene00
Participant | Diamond Partner

Is it possible to get a quote printing or saved to PDF on 1 page? 

ElijahG
Participant | Elite Partner

@marlene00 

We have set up printing for the quote recipient with custom code. 

<button onclick="window.print()">Print this page</button>

This will allow them to print, and if they change the destination of the print, it will also allow saving as a pdf.
Hopefully this will point you in the right direction.

ChristinGonzaga

I also think it would be great to be able to customize the text from a quote template within the quote editor. I created a bunch of quote templates but some deals require just a few items in the template text to be changed. 

CHumber

Is this availbable yet: Set a tax level in settings which automatically adds on at the end of the quote. I'm in Australia and we have a flat 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST).

Bastarrachea
Member | Elite Partner

It would be super helpful to be able to pull custom Product properties into the line items editor. At this moment, it seems like there is a limit on the line items column flexibility to only pull preset Product properties. 

velliott
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all! Tori here, I’m excited to announce that our Customized Quote Template feature is finally live to all Sale Hub Pro and Enterprise customers. 

What does this mean? 

Sales Hub Pro and Enterprise customers can harness the power of our CRM, CMS, and Payments to create personalized digital quoting experiences for their customers using Customized Quotes.

What features does this include?

• Add/remove/changing text, images, videos, links, files etc on a template
  • Set default terms that won’t be editable in the quote wizard
  • Add/remove columns to the line item table (including images!)
  • Show/hide modules of the template 
  • Add personalization tokens to templates
  • Show/hide total, subtotal, and additional fee sections
  • Update colors and fonts using theme settings
  • Associate a custom domain with a template
  • Set language and locale on the custom quote template

This feature allows sales reps to: 

• Select a custom quote template when creating a quote
  • Worry less about adding stock content to every quote (like terms) and additional settings like language and locale
  • Add custom terms and comments in addition to the default terms that have been added to the custom quote template

This feature allows developers to:

(requires CMS Starter or above or Marketing Hub Pro or above)

• Leverage familiar CMS building blocks and languages such as themes, templates, modules, and hubL to create quote templates
  • Package quote templates in a theme alongside website, landing page, and blog templates
  • Create quote templates for proposals, quotes, contracts, and invoices. 

How can you access it?  

Super admins can create custom quote templates in settings > objects > quotes. 

What’s next for custom quotes

You all have been fabulous at providing feedback on this feature. Coming soon:

• More default quote templates to help you get started
  • Quote reporting
  • CRM Quote API Create and Update functionality
  • A new quote interface to view and manage quote details

Thank you all for your patience and feedback throughout this process. We appreciate it!

JGriffiths1

Am I correct in saying that it is not possible to add options on the quote? If we want to quote a customer for A, B or C with optional extras there is still not an option for this? Thanks a lot. 

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hey team!

It's great that we finally launched the custom quote template.

However, right now, once we create a custom quote tempalte, we are unable to use a different CMS theme/ CMS template. Would we be able to implement that in the near future? thank you!