HubSpot Ideas

CCIlumia

Customize Quote template/appearance

Hi!

Could be awesome if we can configurate the proposal / quote template.

Thanks

432 Replies
KaylaACRIS
Member | Gold Partner

It would be super ideal if Hubspot had its own proposal system, similar to Pandadoc. Completely customisable templates so people can 'create' a proposal to associate with a deal based on an already created template (personalised details filled in from association contacts and companies) 

ehulstein
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hi @ethankopit,

I have a couple of questions on one part of one of your more recent updates --

"First, for those that are looking to custom quote templates without doing and coding - we hear you! We're actually quite close to releasing an editor that will allow you to change text, images, show/hide sections, etc. for quotes. Currently, we're re-building our standard quote templates (Modern, Basic, Original) so that they can be customized using that editor. We'll also be releasing many more templates in the coming months. Stay tuned!"

Do you have any updates on when this will be coming? I'm also wondering if this would enable users to make changes to the logo and/or address that appears at the bottom of the quotes template? The use case behind this ask is for companies who are operating out of one HubSpot portal but with multiple brands / divisions of a company. If this wouldn't be addressed in the update you mentioned, do you have any recommendations for how to workaroud this?

Evan_Brenner

Hi all - I agree with this idea! We are also seeking to add custom fields on the Modern Quote for custom text that will help our sales folks.

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team,

Raising this for a customer here.

Customer is currently a beta user, would love to have the ability to set a custom template as the default under "Settings > Objects > Products and Quotes".

Thank you!

BigDaddyBear
Participant

Would be great if the beta was more accesible. We really need to be able to quote the TCV to the client. 

spencekeith
Participant

Wish I could join the quote beta 🙄... But just here to say that this feature is really important for our business and can not wait until the template is customizable! For example, why is sku  included on the customer facing quote, but not payment start date??? Can't wait to sqap these two fields

KChelsberg
Contributor
I upvote this 100%, agree entirely; the limitations on proposal creation are frustrating, to say the least.
Sdiddy407
Contributor

Feature Idea: We've even added Quote Type as a property/field so that we can have the company object tell the deal object what type of quote to use. (Master, Standard, Etc.)

THolowchak

Yes!

The table needs to be able to be customized.

We need the ability to ADD fields to the quote table:

Description

the discount amount by line item

etc.

Anything in the Product Definition should be a field that can be added to the custom quote table.

plus everything to do with pricing

Amount/ $ value

Discount - either $ or %

Net value

QTY x Net value = cost (by line item)

it is FAR TOO 'klunky' adding snippets as the solution to everything.  Once a product/sku is created, all of the information needed should be able to be populated from that item into the Custom Quote

CUrsu1
Contributor | Elite Partner

Any updates on editing the quotes without coding? 

DBuschermöhle

We desperately need to be able to create custom templates for quotes in order to be able to use HubSpot properly.

It would be great if access to the beta could still be granted

BNGUYEN
Member | Elite Partner

As a Platinum service Provider, we have access to the beta functionnality as well as custom coded.

The custom quotes  functionnality is much more flexible and all our customers ended up using coded templates as it's not very expensive to have a completly tailored quote template.

Wish i can help. PM for more questions if needed

Best regards

DBuschermöhle

Hi there,

thanks a lot for your reply. So you would be able to create a custom quote
template for us withing our HubSpot environment? If so, that would be
amazing!

Our quotes are fairly extensive and consist of three parts basically.

1) Individual cover page

Something like Dear %CONTACT.NAME%,

Standard Text

2) 9 standardized pages with text and graphs, never changes

3) Actual quote part with line items from the product library in HubSpot

The most crucial part would be to integrate our letter paper and these 9
generic pages with information and graphs.

Can this be done?

Best regards
David

Dvillon

It is taking too long to have something that seems to be so basic... If at least you could open the Beta version for new customers...

The quotes module is completely useless if you are gong to send quotes that are confusing...

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - Ethan Kopit here, the product manager of HubSpot Quotes. I wanted to drop in to give you some updates. We're continuing to make headway on custom quote templates and over the next several months, you should see some serious changes coming your way. We will be bring a no-code editor into beta that allows users to...

- Add/remove/changing text, images, videos, links, files etc on a template

- Add/remove columns to the line item table (including images!)

- Show/hide sections of the template 

- Add personalization tokens to templates

- Show/hide total, subtotal, and additional fee sections

^^ all of the above (and more) is possible today if you'd like to custom code your own template, it's just the no-code editor that isn't quite ready for general beta yet. I'll make an announcement here when the no-code editor is available for beta. If you'd like to write custom code and/or create templates from scratch, reach out to your customer success manager and they can get you into the beta. 

I appreciate your enthusiasm and your patience. I can't wait to deliver these features to you. But, we're taking to time to make sure that Quotes is stable and bug free (including the custom template features) so we can set you up for success. Stay tuned!

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

FYI @ehulstein it's taken us longer than I'd like, but we're making progress on the no-code editor. If you'd like, I'm looking for folks to bug test the customizable versions of Modern and Original. If you're interested, send me a DM.

ProsperoChris
Member | Diamond Partner

Hey Ethan,

We would be interested in Beta testing the No Code Customisable Quotes.

We are a Diamond Partner, Portal ID 555947

Thanks

meldargon
Participant
Hi I believe I may be on this beta, our hubspot # is 6536548 and I do have a note about this. While I can add categories in that speak to our industry such as MSRP and SRP and other catagories so I can notate price, discounted price and cost of each unit. These do not show up on the quote. They do however show up when I am putting together the quote. This is frustrating because this info is not needed to keep internally, this is info we are trying to provide to the customer. I don't understand the point of being able to add them to the tool if they are not then shown on the finished product on the link that we are sending to the customer.

Hoping this is coming down the pipeline soon as my customers have said that I am basically sending them a quote filled with math problems that they need to solve to import it into their systems to then build out their quotes for their customers.

Example, it looks like this in the tool and below you can see that the categories to not carry over to the finished quote. I would like to delineate what goes on the quote. I can already move the catagories to where I want them to be but that doesn't matter if they don't carry over. Also we do not speak in "Unit Cost" or "Unit Discount" we use other terms. We cannot change these to say "SRP" or "Reseller Discount" and it would be helpful to show these other categories that I have created to try and alleviate the problems this is causing. You don't see the discount amount, or the individual "unit" cost if it is in multiples.
Recently I created one of these with 53 line items and have to do the individual SRP pricing and add them to the descriptions to show the pricing, the discount was also different for each and that didn't even end up showing up on the quote. That was a lot of work to then not have it translate on paper. I ended up screen shoting it and sending that to the customer. Disappointing to say the least.

[cid:20011d35-c724-466e-adce-ec4f418bdf2a]

[cid:26722725-e572-4a99-81b1-b6883dde9d7f]

Thanks, happy to offer feed back if it can get us a product that is more helpful and can be used for what we need.

[cid:2392e04b-4635-4380-afbd-3059228b339c]
TuffaCharlie
Participant

@ethankopit thanks for the update. I look forward to the no-code editor becoming available soon. Could you try to ensure that you also allow us to change the default quote template too please? 

AnnieRECIPE
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Following! 

Would love the ability to add images to line items.