HubSpot Ideas

CCIlumia

Customize Quote template/appearance

Hi!

Could be awesome if we can configurate the proposal / quote template.

Thanks

432 Replies
Sdiddy407
Contributor

This is great, I would like to see some more functionality to set up notifications inside of workflows for signers to know their quote is expiring soon.

NTrapnirundon
Participant | Partner

@ethankopit Hi, thanks for the great update regarding to the Quote layout editor! 
This would be totally awesome.

If I may ask a little, I am just wondering if in the coming update, would there be any possible way that we can as well customize the name of "Quote"? 

For example, I am wondering if it is possible to rename "Quote" in the Deal's sidebar record, and in the PDF itself (when create a new Quote, at a quote-signing button for example) to some other name.

Cheers.

paytek_haley
Participant

Being able to easily edit the pricing table is essential. Right now the quote system is built around straight-forward retail or service environments who have static products or services at set prices that may be discounted, and I can see how it would work pretty well for these business types.

As a business to business company with multi-level pricing, including hardware costs, software costs, recurring percentage rates and monthly dollar fees (as well as one-time or per-occurence costs), we have no easy way of reflecting these items in our quotes. We don't want to include SKU in our quotes because we use these for internal purposes (reporting) only, but we can't remove it. We can't cleanly separate out monthly recurring costs vs. one-time fees (like application fees). It makes quoting our prospects confusing and ineffective.

I can see how this will be a great tool once fully operational, but there are too many restrictions at the moment.

KChelsberg
Contributor

@paytek_haley  Exactly the feature set we are looking for as well! UPVOTE!😁

Lorenzo_Bossi
Contributor

@paytek_haley  absolutely the right suggestion. 

We have only 4 products but 5 variants so as current status of pricing system we have over 1000 lines!!   UPVOTE too! 

MDW
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

We require the same. I love that HubSpot is taking on this project, but I agree with all that @paytek_haley stated. As a b2b consulting company our proposals, normally have multiple options and directions a client can choose. And a mix of one-time, recurring, down payments, multiple payment options, etc. So having a built-in solution that can handle all of these use-cases would be valuable to the average b2b business.

I also noticed that the e-signing feature doesn't automatically send the signer a copy of the signed document. Doing so would be nice. Or, having a way to automate that from HubSpot would be even nicer so that we could customize the delivery email and onboarding accordingly.

KChelsberg
Contributor

@MDW  It seems this initial topic "Customize Quote template/appearance" has taken a tangent away from the subject to focus more on pricing tiers and i don't feel that implmenting pricing tiers is the same as customizing the quote template... Hmmm....
MDW
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

@KChelsberg, you may be correct. However, it doesn't matter how good the template appearance is if you can't communicate the investment clearly. It would require users to still turn to third-party software that offers more customized pricing models. I believe that most of the businesses commenting want a quote/proposal solution that allows them to communicate their value, investment for that value, all while staying on brand. 

But I could wrong, but I believe that want people are asking for.

KChelsberg
Contributor
Agreed!
MDW
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

@KChelsberg They could just buy PandaDocs + a few improvements and fully embed it into HubSpot. Lol

BNGUYEN
Member | Elite Partner

Hi,

We are a Hubspot Gold Partner based in France and Singapore. We did multiple projects using customs quotes including the possibility to customise the design as well as separate the services and the hardware products for example.

If your requirements are simple like that, we would be glad to discuss about it and help the Community for Free (if you guys are reasonable ^^)

Feel free to PM me and we can see how we can help you all!

Custom quote functionnality is pretty awesome! Thanks @hubspot

DBowers

@ethankopit 

Hi Ethan, a few weeks back you mentioned putting the finishing touches on the Modern theme. I only see the Bold and Minimal in my panel available for editing. Is this something I should ask my customer rep about, or is it still in development?

Antonis

Yes, that would be awesome indeed. The existing quotes tool is a little limited in regards to our products as well as customization within the tool itelself (columns, templates, information displayed). I firmly believe a custom quote tool would be the perfect addition to cover all the other cases.

DoSchreiber

This would definitely help us! 🙂 

CFrost

This would be a game changer for our business!

sheltonryan

Agreed! We'd like to have the option to adjust the properties that are on this proclamation pretty comprehensively, so it can unequivocally reflect our current referring to plan. Without explicit fields like the customer number which we produce here, there's no sense in using these assertions, as we'll really have to offer a second expression that gets the sum of the information which is appropriate to us.

BNGUYEN
Member | Elite Partner

@Antonis @DoSchreiber @CFrost @sheltonryan 

As a Platinum Partner, we made numerous custom quotes for our customers covering those needs as the standard templates are lacking customisation regarding look&feel as feel as custom rules (manages optiosn etc).

You can PM me and we can see how we can help.

Best regards

Ignazio
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @ethankopit and thank you for your clear messages about this topic: have you got any news for us?

I'm interested in customize quote template/appearance: can i access the beta you wrote about with the Sales Hub Pro and/or the Marketing Hub Pro?

Best,

i

BWiddows

Hi Ethan, you mentioned in April...

We're actually quite close to releasing an editor that will allow you to change text, images, show/hide sections, etc. for quotes. 

Has this been released yet? Where could i find it?

Ben

SBusch

Hi there,

The "Custom Quotes" function is only available for the Super Admin user role. Other user groups cannot change quotes.
Please include this point in the further development of the beta version. Thank you.