HubSpot Ideas

CCIlumia

Customize Quote template/appearance

Hi!

Could be awesome if we can configurate the proposal / quote template.

Thanks

432 Replies
SalesIsScience
Participant

We have been working with our team to create some customized quotes but are running into some issues.  Could someone help us review a couple of technical items? 

rodcunha
Participant

Hi,

Our customer success manager has told me that our beta application is now live but I have no idea where/how to edit these templates. Can anyone help? Thank you.

R

etroiani
HubSpot Employee

Hi all

Please reach out to your CSM for further details about these features.

You have to look at the design manager in order to start customizing your quote. 

Thank you

petercwilson
Participant

Hey guys.  Daft question time.  I have the QUOTE_PROPS.hs_expiration_date with a value.

hs_expiration_date=1610582399999

I am trying to pass it through the datetimeformat filter. Following the HUBL instructions 

content.updated|datetimeformat('%B %e, %Y')

So, it appears as..

{{ QUOTE_PROPS.hs_expiration_date|datetimeformat('%B %e, %Y') }}

Problem is, the interpreter doesn't like it...

Syntax error in "QUOTE_PROPS.hs_lastmodifieddate|datetimeformat('%B %e, %Y')"

Meaning I can't publish the amendment.   

From what I can tell, the value hs_expiration_date is a timestamp.    Do I need to do a cast or something?  I believe it to be a timestamp already so a little bit confused.

Thanks,

Peter

joelpacheco
Participant

@ethankopit Ethan, I'm wondering if this Beta includes functionality to customize the Quote ID. The format that you have today is complicating the integration with what we use today. 

Let us know. Thanks,

Joel

MajdiSleimen
Participant

Hi, I would like to get access to the beta version, please. 

dflynt
Participant

I was a bit surprised that the "Download quote" and "Print quote" buttons are not at the bottom of the default quote and proposal templates.  Can someone point me in the right direction to add these buttons to the bottom of the templates?

Thanks,

Darren

vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

I was really excited to hear about the new CPQ features that are coming soon, but I understand that unless you have Marketing or CMS Pro, you still won't be able to customise proposal/quote templates. Our HubSpot clients using Sales Pro need much more control over the look and feel of the Quote template without having to resort to third party add-ons and paying 'extra' for the quote to look nicer, when they've already invested in a sales solution. I have a lot of experience in CPQ solutions and would love to speak to the CPQ product team about what's needed as standard by medium-sized organisations. Thanks in advance @hroberts 😃 

Participant

The customisable Quote template needs to work in the drag and drop design manager editor. We have both Sales Pro and Marketing and Hubspot CMS but having to rely on coding skills puts a big barrier between our business need and our ability to customise the quote template.  We also need to be able to quickly and easily pull data across from 3rd party systems into tagged fields in the quote template (for example, Quote numbers are raised in our Xero accounting package, not from within Hubspot). When can we expect to see a propoer drag and drop implementation? Also, we need to be able to remove all the standard templates from the dropdown because we don't want our staff having a free-for-all on what style they might prefer. There is no clear guidance as to how to remove unwanted templates (but then maybe that's buried in code that non-coders can't find or read easily)? @hubspot team, it's a start, but you really need to put some more resource behind this and listen carefully to what your loyal SME customers are telling you.

DebbyDC

Hi! 

I am using the beta version of the Quotes. Can someone tell me if I can hide the total / sub totals?

For the first version of the quote, our clients want to choose between several options before making their decision and then totals and subtotals are not relevant.

Thannks!

petercwilson
Participant

@DebbyDC  - we cloned the Tall template and then edited that so it worked for our needs.  Editing is just like html/css development.   The data is passed in from hubspot  and there's the HUBL language to manipulate what gets delivered to the screen.  https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/hubl/filters 

rwolupo
Top Contributor

@DebbyDC just clone the template and search for total / subtotal in the source code. If you are experienced in HTML/CSS it shouldnt be complicated to delete those in your quote then. Did something similar in my quotes already. 

Alan-Online

@petercwilson ,  @rwolupo rwopop

do you two folks do 'Greek' in your spare time ???? 😃

What you are suggesting is OK if you have a good grasp of HTML , CSS, HUBL etc, but for us mere mortals we are still waiting on a 'drag-n-drop' version   😟

rwolupo
Top Contributor

@Alan-Online of course ... drag and drop, WYSIWYG would be nice ... but ... thats not you can expect at this stage of development i guess

petercwilson
Participant

@Alan-Onlinesure, that's understandable - and we want that, as well.  It doesn't do, to tie up developers on something that could ultimately be done with a drag n drop tool.  With the tool not available as yet we've had to make do.  We have passed our feedback into the hubspot developers.   

pwohlkoenig

A possible item (5) could be:

- Tagging quote items as "optional".

- These optional items should get an additional total section with a separate sum "Optional items in total".

KezzaM
Participant

We are a parent company of 14 smaller life science brands... The inability to rebrand or change addresses for a global business is driving us a bit crazy.   

When working through the three templates I understand having mulitple custom templates is not available right now.  A simple implementation for us with multiple locations/units would be to choose from a drop down list of pre-loaded emails (like if you were checking out anywhere) and better be able to select which image to be shown for the "sending company"
3hubspot changes.png

petercwilson
Participant

Hiya @KezzaM   have you been able to 'clone' the templates to give you different branding?   Although have to admit, 14 different brands seems like a lot of work.  I've only got 2, that's enough.

KezzaM
Participant

@petercwilson there is no cloning for templates I can find. The issue lies that the base data is our parent company and that is the default for the image and the address.  All other addresses need to be manually added as far as I can see.   

This honestly seems like a simple thing to do... to have a choice of addresses for a company.  Even if that means we forgo having a logo on the invoice for now.

petercwilson
Participant

@KezzaM  for our quote customisation (we joined the beta), we've had to use the built-in HTML developer tools, but have used them to clone the "Tall" template and then customise the clone so all of our branding is embedded within it, using files uploaded to the files library.     You might have to consider doing the same for the time being.   🙂