HubSpot Ideas

CCIlumia

Customize Quote template/appearance

Hi!

Could be awesome if we can configurate the proposal / quote template.

Thanks

432 Replies
etroiani
HubSpot Employee

hello,

Not it's not an official timeline, I just asked this question and perhaps there might be some updates coming by the end of the year, but it's not sure 100%.

I will follow up on this anyway

Thank you

Best

Emiliano

valigara

@etroiani 

I see, quite frustrating but thanks for the update anyways!

Alan-Online

@etroiani 

ref "might be some updates around year end"

I was hoping for something a bit  lot sooner Smiley Sad

we'd really like to move onto using this feature (quotes) of HubSpot across the various strands of the business and this is holding it back.

One strand see 'little' value in utilising HubSpot as they feel it is simply 'duplicating' their workload  .. . . .

natedame
Participant

Completely agree w/ #3!!!!! The "total" when using Recurring products is INNACCURATE.

JaxOnTheBeach
Participant | Partner

@etroiani 

I agree with everyone above. Without being able to create custom templates the Quotes are pretty useless.

Please expedite this!

emmahorgan

Yes ! I agree.  Would be great to be able to add customisable static text in quotes.  This would prevent users from forgetting to put the required info in.  OR at the Comments to buyer / Purchase terms  section d

Do not allow users to pass this point unless text is added.

finn
Top Contributor

Would really need to be able to customize the quote template and put any custom text into the quote, and then insert HS fields.

Pandadoc has a good solution, but kind of sad to have to pay the same for a Pandadoc user as we pay for each Sales Pro user. SalesPro is overpriced as it is right now.

This idea of customizing the the quote has been open for a long time. When will it at least move into Beta?

etroiani
HubSpot Employee

Hi Finn

Hope you are well

There might be updated coming up in Q3 about this topic, as it is not an easy implementation we are talking about, the team is aware of this request and they have been working on it to make sure that it will happen.

Thank you

Best

Emiliano

PaulDamen

Hi,

Not sure if this idea is in here somewhere already but we really have a need to generate a Quote where it would be possible to have optional lines a customer can tick to purchase. These individual optional lines should be (if the customer ticks the box) also be then calculated in the total amount of the Quote which a customer then accepts.

Regards, Paul

shpakodin

The preset of terms is very important for us. Eg Trial template, standard terms, extended terms and etc

sharonkalewski

I love the basic template as it's really clean, but the Product descriptions don;t pull through. Even that one simple change would be a great quick win for me. PlllleeeeeaaaasssseeeeSmiley Wink

etroiani
HubSpot Employee

Dear all

Your feedback has been delivered to our developers.

Thank you

Best

Emiliano

giuseppetheroom

Hi All,

We also need to add new sections under the purchase term, such as "terms & agreements" and a related "Yes / No" drop-down option. When will this feature be available?

regards,

jessewragg

In general, there's a lot of functionality missing from the quotes but one major one is the ability to add fields such as a VAT number for both the company distributing the quote and the one receiving it...

forzaAndy

Wanted to chime in to request more features/customization in quotes. Seems like I should be able to have templates of my own that have, say, the 3 main scenarios I quote. And then I could add other items and tweak a generated quote after starting with one of my basic scenario quotes. I currently use Quotient, which is great but I'd prefer to keep the entire sales process inside Hubspot

gillesrepond

hi all, this is urgent that we can customize fully the quotes, none of them are ever matching our CI ... its annoying ot use panda doc and pay for it ... 

schesley
Participant

Any update on this?

etroiani
HubSpot Employee

Hello,  some update might come up in Q3 as the team wants to make this complex change properly

Thank you

Best

meldargon
Participant

Yes! I am getting feedback from our customers and losing business because I am told that the quote is confusing, and if they do not understand the way the quote is laid out, they assume my price is high and move on. 

I am communicating one to many customers with one quote, the quote is being passed around to their team and if the quote is not understood at first glance, they move on.  I do not get to communicate to everyone on the team what is on the quote unless it is written on the quote in a way that is easy to understand. 

This template does not speak to my industry. We speak in MSRP, and this template does not show the individual units at the discounted price, if the quantity shows more than one it totals the discounted price and quantity together.

I am essentially giving my customer a math problem:  they can either take the total and divide it by quantity to get their individual unit price. Or they can see "unit price", assume that means MSRP, then reference the percentage discount shown and total the individual unit price themselves. Either way this is work for the customer and not always understood. At the very least I need to modify “Unit Price” to say MSRP.

Better yet I could modify the logo on each quote to show the product line being quoted. We represent several manufacturers. 

Currently this is what the quote template does:

____ Unit Price (which we mean MSRP)  ____% + quantity =_____

Also we do not  need "SKU" and or  "Term" on our quotes.

What we need is:

"MSRP" _____ ,then %__ = ______ (Unit price with discount),  THEN multiply  ____ quantity = ________(Shows discounted line item)

Total at the bottom for the overall job cost for the customer.

If this is not available on Hubspot what integrated app would allow me to do this?  I see a lot of heavily designed proposals; this is not necessary for us. I need numbers and to be able to associate the amount with my pipeline and customer. We essentially quote all the time, often back to back for the same customer for different products, they are looking for price checks essentially. 

What I see hubspot marketing to is web designers, marketing people and small business models with one off product models. If this CRM is truly being marketed towards everyone in every business then the quoting tool should reflect that. The apps should reflect that. 

jessewragg

@meldargon it might not completely solve your issue, but a good middle ground would be to check out the products properties (settings > properties > filter by > product properties.

There, you could add some of your values such as MSRP, and perhaps also a field for your various brand product lines (not as good as an individual logo, but better than nothing).

You can add numerical and percentage property values here which will make the quote do some of the calculations for you. Other parts might be done for you in the bottom section where you can add taxes and other costs/discounts.

I would also suggest looking into the product library (Settings > Sales > Products & Quotes > Product Library) and creating products or groups of products (if this is doable for your range), then you can save yourself time in the future.