HubSpot Ideas

Cheree

Customize Meeting name to be something other than "Contact and User"

When organising a meeting with client and they choose their time and book a meeting with you, it goes into your google calender and the subject of the meeting is their name and your name "John Smith and Jill Brown" 

I'd be great to have a way to personalise this before the meeting time is set? Eg: Meeting with John Smith and Jill Brown re: ABC Products 

(I know you can go into google calendar after its been booked and change the topic once it's been done but would love a solution to avoid this step)

Thanks

25 Replies
larissa

I would like there to be more customization available for the calendar invite that is sent when someone schedules from my meeting link. It would be nice if I could customize the invite subject line. Right now it just says "their name" and "my name". It would be more helpful if when they recieved the invite the subject line said something about my company. This way they don't accidently delete or dismiss it.  

joeolsen

The current meeting name for all meetings is "Guest Name and Host Name". I think you should be able to set the subject of the meeting in a separate field or at least use the name of the meeting itself - the one that shows up in the link.

For instance. If I have a meeting called "Software Demo with Rep Name" the meeting today is called "Guest Name and Host Name" on the calendar invite. I would rather have the subject be what I called the meeting.

willcurran
Top Contributor

Yes this would be amazing. Simple would be setting a part of the name, location, etc process is Meeting Subject (FIRSTNAME LASTNAME). This is really needed, I can't tell you how many time's I have to click on the calendar invite to remember (why am I having this meetings, or what is this for?)

rlawless
HubSpot Product Team

dorso

When someone books a time on my calendar via the Meetings tool, there is no way to control the Subject of the meeting.  

It would be helpful to give the person setting the time on my calendar the power to create that Subject.  

At the least, I would expect the "Meeting Name" established when creating / editing my meeting link should be used as the default Subject.  Currently, it is defaulted to "<Contact Name> and <HubSpot Owner>"... For example: "Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck".

With the existing design, an appointment is added to our calendars, but there's no context as to what the meeting is about or what company these folks are from.  Please add this functionality to make the Meetings tool usable for B2B.

Invorio
Contributor

Attention to this kind of detail is the difference between a CRM tool for professionals and a cool plaything. If entries are being made automatically in my client's calendar, I need control over the content. Why is this not being considered?

vinnypoliseno

This would be excellent to have customization over. Even if you could pick field values you're placing on the meeting to be included in the Subject as a next would be a great step.

davidjgunn

This would be hugely helpful, especially as clients often book meetings several days in advance. at the moment, all I get is a name and email address, and an an email 30 minutes prior with a reminder to prepare for my meeting. Without added context of at least a meeting subject, it's hard to know what to prepare for.

SalesVPScott

From a sales manager perspective, I need the meeting labeled by type.  Example: Discovery meeting, Demo Meeting, Pricing Meeting.  You need to measure how many discovery meetings you are doing since they are the lifeblood of sales!  If you are not putting in more in the top of the funnel, nothing can come out the bottom!  

We are up for renewal so I hope Hub Spot finally gets this much-needed metric!  If I can not get a detailed list of appointments conducted by rep by type I need to either manually create this every morning, or find a different tool.  

SycamoreFarm
Participant

While "Not Currently Planned" it would be extrememly helpful to be able to customize exactly how the meeting shows up on your calendar.  We schedule all different types of meetings and there is no available detail to differentiate between them. Name and name isn't helpful at all.  We know we're going to be at the meeting (we gave them our calendar to set it up), we'd like to know WHY they're going to be at the meeting. 

andyb
Contributor | Gold Partner

Agree with all the comments above. Especially when the meeting is with a prospect, they hopefully will remember the company but unlikely to remember my name. Control over the subject line would be very helpful.

stefan

I think it's high time to change this from "Not Currently Planned" to in production. It's such a strong quality of life change that would make the meeting booking tool so much more useful. 

lloydsilver

I hate to be so critical but this is another example of why hubspot meetings just isn't a valuable tool. I was so looking forward to moving away from a 3rd party tool. And I've been hyping up sales pro to several of my clients. While that's still a valuable tool, meetings cannot replace a properly functioning 3rd party tool and I'm disappointed this basic functionality is not even being considered.

Stacie

Even just an option to toggle what is shown to either (1) name of the meeting or (2) as is. It really should default to the name of the meeting, I am unhappy with this default and will have to institute a workaround until this is fixed/added.

willcurran
Top Contributor

I want to say it's doing this now? Maybe this is a group only feature? I noticed this when a client booked a group meeting. It had the name of the widget (Brynne + Will - Endless Consultation) and "with Contact Name".

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 8.30.10 PM.png

Can someone else confirm it's doing this?

mpike
Contributor

This would be very helpful! I sync things through outlook to our Sugar CRM and being able to put [Call] in front of the text makes them sync properly to Sugar.

mpike
Contributor

Chiming in. This would be fantastic - I am trying to implement meetings with our sales team to integrate through Outlook to Sugar. With how it is currently set up it is not usable for our team.

I need to be able to customize the title of the meeting to sync to Outlook with [Call] in front of the subject (I would also like it to not say HOST and GUEST Names). Without that tag in front of the subject - it syncs to meetings in Sugar instead of calls. I can customize the title of the meeting type in Hubspot when setting up meetings - but that doesn't sync anywhere in Outlook (which strikes me as an issue that what type of meeting they have selected doesn't show up...).

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

mhawkinson

This feature would be SUPER HELPFUL! Our customers are always so confused when they see their name and another name they may not have ever heard about. We need to be able to have our Company name in the meeting as that is what they are more associated with. Our customers can also sign up for multiple different types of meetings so it would be nice if we could clarify in the title that it is with our company and it is for this specific type of meeting. 

davidtaylorjr
Participant

I love this idea. Acuity Scheduling currently has this feature and it is one of the reasons I am not using Hubspot Meetings with my system at this time.