HubSpot Ideas

DiegoPI

Customize Meeting Reminder & Meeting Booked Emails

It would be great to be able to change the default meeting reminder email or meeting booked email when creating a scheduling page. The minor customization allowed in the form of additional unformtted text is not enough. It would also be great to be able to make changes to the confirmation email that is sent when a meeting is scheduled.

The current text of the meeting reminder email is:

Hello,

This is a friendly reminder that we have a meeting booked on:
11 Jun 2018 17:20 EST

I look forward to meeting with you,
HubSpot Updates
In Planning
October 21, 2023 06:01 PM

Hi everyone!

Thank you for all of your thorough ideas. I wanted to let this thread know that we are actively planning some improvements that we can make here based on your feedback. There are a lot of specific requests inside of the broad topic of customization. We won't be solving all of these requests at once, but we are excited to start! I'll keep this group updated with any beta plans. 

Thank you all!

November 09, 2021 12:00 PM

Hi Community,

Just leaving a note here to let you all know that we're still following this closely and are currently exploring some ways we can best solve this issue, so that we can plan the work in the future. I'll hold off on updating the status of this idea until we have something set in Planning.

Best,

Glen

Re: Customize Meeting Reminder Emails - changed to: Not Currently Planned
September 19, 2021 03:34 PM

Hi Community!

Wanted to share an update with every here to give some visibility in what the Meetings and Scheduling team is working on, where this problem/idea might fall in priority, and how we are currently thinking about solving it.

The team is currently in progress working on these 2 projects:

1. The ability to insert specific, clickable times into email

2. The ability for attendees to cancel and reschedule using the Meetings scheduling experience (idea here)

Once these projects are completed, we plan to make some big updates to the scheduling experience from a contact record in the CRM, which we plan should solve this problem and greatly expand the use-cases, flexibily, and convenience for scheduling 1-off meetings. 

Following that project, we will be reassessing our major priorities, one of which will be the ability customize/personalize the automated experiences in Meetings. At this stage, we exploring the idea of including 'embedded automation' into Meetings. This would allow for us to leverage the power of Workflows automation to "build" customized flows of reminder emails and more. Beyond work in Meetings, this would also incorporate making meeting/scheduling data more accessible and useful in Workflows for a number of use-cases that we want to support and improve in the scheduling experience.

As we progress in our current priorities we will update here with more details on timing and plans. 

October 05, 2020 01:48 PM

Hi Community,

Just wanted to provide an update here that this is still not currently planned this year, but we are continuing to follow this thread, and I will post here again once we are ready to begin reviewing to be prioritized for upcoming work.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and patience! 

Re: Customize Meeting Reminder Emails - changed to: Not Currently Planned
April 27, 2020 03:37 PM

Hi Communnity,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback!

For transparency I am updating this issue from "In Planning" to "Not Currently Planned" because we wont be able to get to this in the next quarter. This is one of the top ideas in Meeting, so we will watch this closely and I will make sure to update here periodically until we have a better idea for next steps.

Best,

Glen

330 Replies
tiffanyp

Wow, I'm glad I found this. I just assumed with all the other abilities of HubSpot that personalization would be automatic. I'm looking for a new tool to be our "one" to get rid of many, but this is a huge miss.

Paul_Good

Agreed. Plus one vote to add customization to email reminders for meetings.

MikePaine

The ability to add the zoom link in the email reminder would increase meeting conversion tremndously. We have a ton of calls where the prospect can't find the link and have to search their calendar to get to it.

benzil
Top Contributor

Adding to this, it would be good to be able to trigger other actions based off the meeting, e.g. SMS reminders and the like. 

Laura5

When creating meeting links through Hubspot for clients to request meeting times, I find there is a design flaw. Once clients have booked their meeting date and time, they are sent a link stating all of this information. However, this link does not provide clients with the location of their scheduled meeting. I have found this results in confusion as to whether this meeting is in person, over zoom, or over phone. I have had many clients miss meetings as a result, which wastes their time and mine. I was hoping Hubspot could make an ammendment to this feature to include the location of meetings in the meeting links clients are sent.

taina_alves

Is this planned for 2021? 

cristinaxr
Participant

+1

Completely agree! To point out too that the translation of the original message is obviously from English to other languages and it shows I'm afraid. At least here in Spain, we do not say 'un recordatorio amistoso', although 'friendly reminder' is perfectly fine in English. Sounds like a Google translation sadly...

dopamin90
Participant

Hi,

we use YouCanBookMe right now, which works good for us, but its so much work to make it smooth with zapier and hubspot.

We would love to see this feature in the near future.

For our sales process custom emails and text-messages are cruicial. We send text messages x-minutes after a booking is made and x minutes before the meeting. This functionality is very important to us.

If I'm right, hubspot only provides email (no text messages) and only x minutes before a meeting, not right afer an appointment. Am I right?

annieg241
Contributor

In response to dopamin90, how do you use YouCanBookMe? Are you able to send customized email reminders before the meeting?

tiffanyp

We use Calendly. There are multiple email options and text. And is customizable for colors and language. They have a direct integration with HubSpot but it requires a Calendly Pro account. 

AnnaMbudo
Participant | Diamond Partner

That would be very very useful for our clients, too!

+1 to this!

AnythingPrintca
Contributor

It would be an amazing update for meetings response message(s) for sure.  Being able to add a custom look, custom messaging, forms and live URLs.  Defaults don't co-inside with our messaging response and has defaulted to an old footer we used and we cannot update it.  Our meeting reply message is "horawful".  Keep me in the know of this one pls.  

NHusar

i was just browsing the community about this. obviously it's still not planned and it's surprising with the amount of other options hubspot has. there's no workflow that can replace this, i just spoke to the support team, since the enrollment trigger does not support a rolling date, just a static date which doesn't make any sense for a calendar with 365 days.

i hope hubspot can figure something out, it's a very basic setting in calendly.

dijytal
Participant | Platinum Partner

Including dynamic call/meeting details in the reminder emails are also super important.

David92

We have the same issue. When we do a group email, the confirmation email displays only the one that created the calendar link, and not everyone included in that calendar.

But the calendar invite is working correctly. It's displaying everyone included in the calendar.

Fabian_Pinheiro

If there is zoom integration, there are two emails sent. One with the meeting room link and all details, and the second one that is an insert from HubSpot to market the 'meetings' functionality. Fabulous idea to increase stickiness/Xsell. But here is the problem - it creates more confusion for the person who booked the meeting and sells the functionality short. 

Let me explain:

1. The first email appears sent from the <fname lname> of the sender. The second email appears sent from the first part of the email address. Here is what i mean: If the sender is Jane Doe with email address jdow@fakesite.com, the person sees two emails in collapsed view in the mailbox. One that reads "Jane Doe" as the sender and the other that reads "jdow" as the sender. There is a good chance that the recipient will not open both emails thinking it's spam. 

2. This is how the collapsed subject line reads in the recipient's mailbox "You booked a meeting with: - New Meeting Booked with Feb 10 11 AM <Recipient name>" This line does not make any sense, if at all if i received this email, i would be confused as to why i booked a meeting with my self! 

Fixes can still help with the intended purpose of promoting the meeting functionality. At the moment its doing the opposite. 

EYohannes

Totally on board for this change! It's CRUCIAL. Sending a meeting email with the hubspot colors makes the whole point of sending an automated meeting confirmation email pointless. 

andreb

+1

Right now, because of the landscape, most of my leads/clients that get this and reply with: "Is this over Zoom or a phone call." It'd be nice for me to customize this to tell them how the meeting will be conducted. 

niklas-01

+1

anna_insimu

hey guys,

we are also requesting this feature, please 🙏🙏🙏

I have many meetings booked with Latin American customers, where using the informal way is definitely something I would never do if I could personalize the confirmation / reminder emails.

It really does not make a good first impression if I say to someone in a higher position (+ also with 20-30-40 years of work experience), hola + first name, + informal conjugation. I have seen the workflow option video, but I feel it's just too complicated and not as user friendly as the other great tools of hubspot. 

Hope it will be developed soon!