HubSpot Ideas

DiegoPI

Customize Meeting Reminder & Meeting Booked Emails

It would be great to be able to change the default meeting reminder email or meeting booked email when creating a scheduling page. The minor customization allowed in the form of additional unformtted text is not enough. It would also be great to be able to make changes to the confirmation email that is sent when a meeting is scheduled.

The current text of the meeting reminder email is:

Hello,

This is a friendly reminder that we have a meeting booked on:
11 Jun 2018 17:20 EST

I look forward to meeting with you,
HubSpot Updates
In Planning
October 21, 2023 06:01 PM

Hi everyone!

Thank you for all of your thorough ideas. I wanted to let this thread know that we are actively planning some improvements that we can make here based on your feedback. There are a lot of specific requests inside of the broad topic of customization. We won't be solving all of these requests at once, but we are excited to start! I'll keep this group updated with any beta plans. 

Thank you all!

November 09, 2021 12:00 PM

Hi Community,

Just leaving a note here to let you all know that we're still following this closely and are currently exploring some ways we can best solve this issue, so that we can plan the work in the future. I'll hold off on updating the status of this idea until we have something set in Planning.

Best,

Glen

Re: Customize Meeting Reminder Emails - changed to: Not Currently Planned
September 19, 2021 03:34 PM

Hi Community!

Wanted to share an update with every here to give some visibility in what the Meetings and Scheduling team is working on, where this problem/idea might fall in priority, and how we are currently thinking about solving it.

The team is currently in progress working on these 2 projects:

1. The ability to insert specific, clickable times into email

2. The ability for attendees to cancel and reschedule using the Meetings scheduling experience (idea here)

Once these projects are completed, we plan to make some big updates to the scheduling experience from a contact record in the CRM, which we plan should solve this problem and greatly expand the use-cases, flexibily, and convenience for scheduling 1-off meetings. 

Following that project, we will be reassessing our major priorities, one of which will be the ability customize/personalize the automated experiences in Meetings. At this stage, we exploring the idea of including 'embedded automation' into Meetings. This would allow for us to leverage the power of Workflows automation to "build" customized flows of reminder emails and more. Beyond work in Meetings, this would also incorporate making meeting/scheduling data more accessible and useful in Workflows for a number of use-cases that we want to support and improve in the scheduling experience.

As we progress in our current priorities we will update here with more details on timing and plans. 

October 05, 2020 01:48 PM

Hi Community,

Just wanted to provide an update here that this is still not currently planned this year, but we are continuing to follow this thread, and I will post here again once we are ready to begin reviewing to be prioritized for upcoming work.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and patience! 

Re: Customize Meeting Reminder Emails - changed to: Not Currently Planned
April 27, 2020 03:37 PM

Hi Communnity,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback!

For transparency I am updating this issue from "In Planning" to "Not Currently Planned" because we wont be able to get to this in the next quarter. This is one of the top ideas in Meeting, so we will watch this closely and I will make sure to update here periodically until we have a better idea for next steps.

Best,

Glen

331 Replies
S-JSmith

YES. It is beyond weird that we can't even preview what this email would look like. I would never say " I look forward to meeting with you". I'm much less formal and approachable in my communications. Yikes. If you're not going to let us customize or even view the thing, please god at least remove the phrasing that looks like we wrote it.

AWord1
Participant

Agree with other feedback, in an ideal world Hubspot would support this out of the box.

I ended up creating a little tool that lets you create a custom confirmation email just to see if it was possible. Here's a short video showing it in action.

Feel free to reach out if you're interested in trying it.

JAlthaus

This would be extremely helpful! 

We need to add simple text stating whether or not there is a fee associated with their meeting and were not able to do so. I hope this is on the radar for the team to update soon!

aalthaus_revriv
Participant | Elite Partner

I recently ran into this challenge myself when a law firm I work with wanted to include a map of their location and some tips for meeting preparation in their reminder emails. I came up with a workaround that I documented here. Hope it helps some of you!

THeffernan

Current meeting emails are brutal. Not sure we can use in their current design state they are so bad.

ep2023

Hubspot leaders: you have to tackle this asap. There really is no excuse to not giving us the ability to customize what is today a wholly impersonal meeting confirmation email. It's horrendous. With the global subscriber base that you have, with Calendly making online calendar scheduling and customization ubiquitous, how is it possible that a platform as Awesome as Hubspot, can't get this done, and fast? Please get to this asap!

Katiemvs

It would be great to be able to edit/customize the email confirmation.

LRoider
We also need that feature!
GFernandez34
Participant

+1 - This is veeery necessary! 

MFlint
Participant

I think this will be a very beneficial update, so I hope it is scheduled in soon.

My clients use the meetings tool as a property viewing booking tool, and we have to use the standard confirmation and reminders as that's the only way to get a date and time into an email. But they're very plain and my clients would prefer the ability to brand this up. And I have some clients who would need different branding for each meetings booking calendar, as they manage multiple brands.

MAttanasio
Member | Diamond Partner

Genial si pudemos editar el correo de confirmación de las reuniones y poder personalizar el mensaje y las acciones dependiendo del tipo de negocio.

KTal

This would be a hugely beneficial update so I hope that it can be implemented ASAP! 

The ability to personalise with timing a branded template is really in demand. 

TSiri

Loved finding that other have identified this limitation in a seemingly otherwise almost limitless tool. Did not love finding that after 3 years, it's "not currently planned". Bummer. Was Really hoping to get rid of Calendly but...

marisaelias

AGREED. Would love to be able to add our own branding and messaging to the confirmation emails and reminders AND on the pop-up confirmation that shows before it redirects to a designated landing page. The pastel check mark design is very off-brand and would like to add our own logo and message to the confirmation pop-up. This small detail would go a long way! 

JGood
Contributor

Yes, this would be very helpful. Sometimes our meetings are booked with the wrong people. Without the ability to include additional information in the email, it is hard for them to remember to check Hubspot. Our support team does meetings and does not use Hubspot all that much.  I'd like to include additional information in the email so they can quickly check it that way.

DBerger
Participant

Totally agree - we need the video meeting link in the reminder email!

Scoobs
Participant

I posted a similar Idea with more detailed suggestions here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/HubSpot-Meetings-are-too-far-behind-the-times/idi-p/8...

I was surprised (and disappointed) to see the same limitations after all these years. 

AJakubik
Participant

Yes, please add that possibility! 🙂

SimonP1
Contributor

This update is strongly needed as our customers are increasingly bewildered by the lack of context they receive about the meeting they have just booked with us.

DBerger
Participant

Yes to reiterate, this is totally necessary. People are getting these reminder emails and can't even see the videoconference link