HubSpot Ideas

DiegoPI

Customize Meeting Reminder & Meeting Booked Emails

It would be great to be able to change the default meeting reminder email or meeting booked email when creating a scheduling page. The minor customization allowed in the form of additional unformtted text is not enough. It would also be great to be able to make changes to the confirmation email that is sent when a meeting is scheduled.

The current text of the meeting reminder email is:

Hello,

This is a friendly reminder that we have a meeting booked on:
11 Jun 2018 17:20 EST

I look forward to meeting with you,
HubSpot Updates
In Planning
October 21, 2023 06:01 PM

Hi everyone!

Thank you for all of your thorough ideas. I wanted to let this thread know that we are actively planning some improvements that we can make here based on your feedback. There are a lot of specific requests inside of the broad topic of customization. We won't be solving all of these requests at once, but we are excited to start! I'll keep this group updated with any beta plans. 

Thank you all!

November 09, 2021 12:00 PM

Hi Community,

Just leaving a note here to let you all know that we're still following this closely and are currently exploring some ways we can best solve this issue, so that we can plan the work in the future. I'll hold off on updating the status of this idea until we have something set in Planning.

Best,

Glen

Re: Customize Meeting Reminder Emails - changed to: Not Currently Planned
September 19, 2021 03:34 PM

Hi Community!

Wanted to share an update with every here to give some visibility in what the Meetings and Scheduling team is working on, where this problem/idea might fall in priority, and how we are currently thinking about solving it.

The team is currently in progress working on these 2 projects:

1. The ability to insert specific, clickable times into email

2. The ability for attendees to cancel and reschedule using the Meetings scheduling experience (idea here)

Once these projects are completed, we plan to make some big updates to the scheduling experience from a contact record in the CRM, which we plan should solve this problem and greatly expand the use-cases, flexibily, and convenience for scheduling 1-off meetings. 

Following that project, we will be reassessing our major priorities, one of which will be the ability customize/personalize the automated experiences in Meetings. At this stage, we exploring the idea of including 'embedded automation' into Meetings. This would allow for us to leverage the power of Workflows automation to "build" customized flows of reminder emails and more. Beyond work in Meetings, this would also incorporate making meeting/scheduling data more accessible and useful in Workflows for a number of use-cases that we want to support and improve in the scheduling experience.

As we progress in our current priorities we will update here with more details on timing and plans. 

October 05, 2020 01:48 PM

Hi Community,

Just wanted to provide an update here that this is still not currently planned this year, but we are continuing to follow this thread, and I will post here again once we are ready to begin reviewing to be prioritized for upcoming work.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and patience! 

Re: Customize Meeting Reminder Emails - changed to: Not Currently Planned
April 27, 2020 03:37 PM

Hi Communnity,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback!

For transparency I am updating this issue from "In Planning" to "Not Currently Planned" because we wont be able to get to this in the next quarter. This is one of the top ideas in Meeting, so we will watch this closely and I will make sure to update here periodically until we have a better idea for next steps.

Best,

Glen

330 Replies
ThomasA
Participant

Definitely useless without this function.

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community!

Wanted to share an update with every here to give some visibility in what the Meetings and Scheduling team is working on, where this problem/idea might fall in priority, and how we are currently thinking about solving it.

2. The ability for attendees to cancel and reschedule using the Meetings scheduling experience (idea here)

Once these projects are completed, we plan to make some big updates to the scheduling experience from a contact record in the CRM, which we plan should solve this problem and greatly expand the use-cases, flexibily, and convenience for scheduling 1-off meetings. 

Following that project, we will be reassessing our major priorities, one of which will be the ability customize/personalize the automated experiences in Meetings. At this stage, we exploring the idea of including 'embedded automation' into Meetings. This would allow for us to leverage the power of Workflows automation to "build" customized flows of reminder emails and more. Beyond work in Meetings, this would also incorporate making meeting/scheduling data more accessible and useful in Workflows for a number of use-cases that we want to support and improve in the scheduling experience.

As we progress in our current priorities we will update here with more details on timing and plans. 

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community!

Once these projects are completed, we plan to make some big updates to the scheduling experience from a contact record in the CRM, which we plan should solve this problem and greatly expand the use-cases, flexibily, and convenience for scheduling 1-off meetings. 

ADavydova
Participant

Please, allow us to change the template of meeting reminders, we need to insert some specific information, and it would be great to send it in meeting reminder 🙏

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community,

Just leaving a note here to let you all know that we're still following this closely and are currently exploring some ways we can best solve this issue, so that we can plan the work in the future. I'll hold off on updating the status of this idea until we have something set in Planning.

Best,

Glen

RCTMAP
Participant

Adding a time field or date stamp with time that could trigger in automations would be a good start then we can schedule SMS plus other notifications. This would make Hubspot a huge lot better for my team. Currently running scheduling in schedule once for ability to edit emails and send custom sms

rohansdeeson
Top Contributor

We use the meeting bookings on two sites, and on both the client wanted the ability to charge to book a 1:1 with an expert being able to do this would be great. Maybe the most simple solution would be to build an API so that we can interact with the meeting booking however we like

SBaker8

Love the idea from rohansdeeson on 11/10/21...we are also charging for consultations - being able to include the charge at the same time would add tremendous value.

GHattingh

100% 

The workaround at the moment through automation is far more complicated than it needs to be if we want to add anything bespoke to the reminder communications. 

KHelfenstein

Yes that would be great. Because actually it **bleep**. You pay a lot of money for hubspot and that simple things doesnt work.

samriach
Participant

Plus one on this idea! 

Our sales reps are finding customers are unsure where to join the meeting, especially as the big blue 'Join with Google meet' is not populated with the current integration limitations. This is resulting in 'no-shows' or sales waiting in the Google hangout and having to call the customer.

The ability to customize demo confirmation emails or upcoming reminders would be very helpful and would allow us the ability to add in any pre-meeting info/prep. We could also like to re-send the Google Meet link in the reminders, as emails get lost for our busy customers. 

For now, I am going to try and use a workflow and marketing emails to remind our customers where they can join, however, I am unable to insert their unique meeting link. 

LMartin7
Member | Elite Partner

We support this idea as well as a way to custom the meeting confirmation email, thanks !

SLoo
HubSpot Employee

Hi team, 

Raising on behalf of a customer to customise the meeting confirmation when two or more team members are involved. 

It'll be helpful if the confirmation that goes out to the recipient reads as "Meeting with [Team Member A] and [Team Member B]" as opposed to the only the team member responsible for organising the meeting.

This will help present a more accurate reflection of the meeting participants. 

DGodfrey

This is critical. Our reps get emails of upcoming meetings with literally no info in them.

MBarense

I'm suprised this has been an idea since 2018 and a seemingly simple fix... yet hubspot hasn't addressed this issue for over 500 of its users? what if a better platform were suggested and we all transferred, would they consider the issue more serious then when losing out on over 500 subscribing clients.... 

I was really disappointed when I had most of my info transferred over to find out this silly issue with hubspot really makes them look behind other CMS CRM platforms

MBarense

WOW after reading all of the comments I can't believe hubspot hasn't made an easy fix..

celley

At our renewal, we downgraded some of our HubSpot plan to transfer spending over to Calendly for this function.  Calendly performs exponentially better, though we would have been satisfied with the fundamental changes to HubSpot Meetings previously outlined here.  Integrating external services is never perfect, so it definitely calls for creativity on workflows.  But in total, our booking works so much better now.

PaisleyParkELC
Hey, thanks for the idea. I assumed that Hubspot would address this because it’s such an obvious need, but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. I’m also going to look at how we can downgrade our account and integrate a third party booking system.
SCelen
Participant

@ramatoG2  as @glencornell stated in september 2021 they are looking into this, but I would really wish it was higher up in their priority as we currently are still paying double for Calendly as well because we can't transfer our meeting links to Hubspot.

Needless to say, we cant do this much longer.

myworks-peter
Participant

Jumping in here to say that we'll be downgrading our plan next month with Hubspot also - and using Calendly for this instead.

It's really frustrating that Hubspot product team couldn't take 1-2 days (?) to understand this is a basic but helpful feature - and very easily build it into their product. Working in software as well, it's dissapointing to see the low priority that important but simple features like this are given, just because Hubspot doesn't listen to their customers.

A sad similar example is the oh-so-basic Chat functionality in Hubspot. 4 years of using it, and it's almost completely unchanged. No visibility as to IP/region of the visitor, basic autoresponse features missing, no ability to see if the user is still online in the chat, or gone - the list goes on. 

For how much Hubspot charges for its paid plans (not cheap at all), the above seems like a "least we can expect" level of ask.