HubSpot Ideas

DiegoPI

Customize Meeting Reminder & Meeting Booked Emails

It would be great to be able to change the default meeting reminder email or meeting booked email when creating a scheduling page. The minor customization allowed in the form of additional unformtted text is not enough. It would also be great to be able to make changes to the confirmation email that is sent when a meeting is scheduled.

The current text of the meeting reminder email is:

Hello,

This is a friendly reminder that we have a meeting booked on:
11 Jun 2018 17:20 EST

I look forward to meeting with you,
HubSpot Updates
In Planning
October 21, 2023 06:01 PM

Hi everyone!

Thank you for all of your thorough ideas. I wanted to let this thread know that we are actively planning some improvements that we can make here based on your feedback. There are a lot of specific requests inside of the broad topic of customization. We won't be solving all of these requests at once, but we are excited to start! I'll keep this group updated with any beta plans. 

Thank you all!

November 09, 2021 12:00 PM

Hi Community,

Just leaving a note here to let you all know that we're still following this closely and are currently exploring some ways we can best solve this issue, so that we can plan the work in the future. I'll hold off on updating the status of this idea until we have something set in Planning.

Best,

Glen

Re: Customize Meeting Reminder Emails - changed to: Not Currently Planned
September 19, 2021 03:34 PM

Hi Community!

Wanted to share an update with every here to give some visibility in what the Meetings and Scheduling team is working on, where this problem/idea might fall in priority, and how we are currently thinking about solving it.

The team is currently in progress working on these 2 projects:

1. The ability to insert specific, clickable times into email

2. The ability for attendees to cancel and reschedule using the Meetings scheduling experience (idea here)

Once these projects are completed, we plan to make some big updates to the scheduling experience from a contact record in the CRM, which we plan should solve this problem and greatly expand the use-cases, flexibily, and convenience for scheduling 1-off meetings. 

Following that project, we will be reassessing our major priorities, one of which will be the ability customize/personalize the automated experiences in Meetings. At this stage, we exploring the idea of including 'embedded automation' into Meetings. This would allow for us to leverage the power of Workflows automation to "build" customized flows of reminder emails and more. Beyond work in Meetings, this would also incorporate making meeting/scheduling data more accessible and useful in Workflows for a number of use-cases that we want to support and improve in the scheduling experience.

As we progress in our current priorities we will update here with more details on timing and plans. 

October 05, 2020 01:48 PM

Hi Community,

Just wanted to provide an update here that this is still not currently planned this year, but we are continuing to follow this thread, and I will post here again once we are ready to begin reviewing to be prioritized for upcoming work.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and patience! 

Re: Customize Meeting Reminder Emails - changed to: Not Currently Planned
April 27, 2020 03:37 PM

Hi Communnity,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback!

For transparency I am updating this issue from "In Planning" to "Not Currently Planned" because we wont be able to get to this in the next quarter. This is one of the top ideas in Meeting, so we will watch this closely and I will make sure to update here periodically until we have a better idea for next steps.

Best,

Glen

330 Replies
cfernandes
HubSpot Employee

It would be great to have the ability to customize the meeting email that gets sent to contacts upon booking a meeting. For example, right now, it says "New Meeting Booked with [user name]". Having the ability to change this to "Call with [user name]" would be helpful to prevent confusion for the receipient between calls and meetings.

Nick5551
Participant

Great idea

Outgift

Please incorporate the ability to customize the design of the meeting confirmation email.  Right now, it's Hubspot branded (colors, font) and gives the client a very different experience from booking based on the company's branded meeting calendar pages.  Also, the email is sent via Hubspot as opposed to being sent via our company's email domain where all the marketing or transactional emails are sent from.  These meeting confirmation emails should be sent from one of those custom emails if they are set up.

Gia
Member | Partner
Member | Partner

I completely agree. Personalization is an important part of communication with clients and potential clients.  Please create some personalization options for these meeting reminders.

shannonhoward
Contributor

In agreement! I would love for there to be a way to schedule our own meeting reminders within workflows - both for the sales rep and also for the prospect. This would allow us to determine how many reminders we want to send, the timing, the content, and the layout. While my company doesn't necessarily NOT jive with the orange, it definitely does not work for some of my clients.

bryangdf

I created a Round Robin meeting for my sales team's demos, which is great because we can link to it right from our homepage as a CTA to generate leads. What isn't great is the lack of automation for Meetings.

I suggest the following...

1. Email reminders should be sent from the sales agent assigned to the meeting not the person who set up the meetings for them in HubSpot (in this case me, the marketing person). Seems like a pretty big oversight. 
  2. Email reminders should be customizable based on the sales agent assigned so that, for example, each agent can place their Zoom Meeting Room URL in the reminder. This would solve a lot of the HubSpot-to-Zoom integration complications so many of us are dealing with. 
courtneysander

Same.

myworks-peter
Participant

100% second the motion here. Why is this not already a feature? It pretty much makes the Round Robin setting useless....

aepner

I agree. At the very least, allow for removing these automated emails all together, so we can use a workflow to send another email that's on brand.

jennifersp

I totally agree!!!

Scubasteve13

Please, please, please revamp the non-ability to edit the invite emails. It would be much easier if it was just a template that we choose and send it. We are a college and I need to add more information of what they need to bring. Also, we complete phone interviews as well. I did see much more on this issue in other posts. This string only has a couple of people. Seems it is an issue throughout.

hollylee

Agree strongly! Great resource with limited ability to tailor!

dangolden
Participant

yes please! this is an important opportunity to help set up meetings with the right expectations!

Hooper

I agree too! Would be great to be able to customize as plain text or HTML.

smarcadet
Member | Platinum Partner

agree

KatrinaS

Same. Our sales team asked for this today.

ChrisEldridge
Contributor

This is not a great user experience...  

The feature for meeting confirmations and then meeting reminders is a hubspot feature that was only 2/3rds of the way built.

1) It would be great to have a normal WYSIWYG editor to be able to personalize the reminder as well as add URL's for sales decks and other content for the customer to review.

2) Currently you can add a link using A href into the description and the link works 100% perfect in the email confirmation as well as in the Google event description.  However it fails 100% for the meeting reminder.  It renders the "click here" but the url does not work.

Its a horrible user experience when the end user can click the link in only 2/3rds of the feature.  If this is the case, it makes the "check here to add meeting description to reminder email" functionality only half baked....

jennifersp

I hope HubSpot actually reads these threads.....

BParr

Agreed. The ability to send a custom branded confirmation email with the meeting times highlighted is needed. 

ramatoG2
Contributor

Would also love to have personalized meeting reminder emails!