HubSpot Ideas

DiegoPI

Customize Meeting Reminder & Meeting Booked Emails

It would be great to be able to change the default meeting reminder email or meeting booked email when creating a scheduling page. The minor customization allowed in the form of additional unformtted text is not enough. It would also be great to be able to make changes to the confirmation email that is sent when a meeting is scheduled.

The current text of the meeting reminder email is:

Hello,

This is a friendly reminder that we have a meeting booked on:
11 Jun 2018 17:20 EST

I look forward to meeting with you,
330 Replies
JWestbrook
Contributor

Side issue around the "we will be talking about the following:" language in the notifiation email. Please upvote this idea too!

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Hub-Tools/Get-rid-of-quot-we-will-be-talking-about-the-follow...

JWestbrook
Contributor

Apparently I created my idea in the wrong forum... please upvote this one instead!

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Get-rid-of-quot-we-will-be-talking-about-the-followin... 

mikevark

We've experimented with a BUNCH of different follow-up email and SMS reminder messages and combinations and landed on one that worked really well for us.

It's important to personalize the messages and it's also important to incorporate text messages for at least any reminders that are less than 3 hours before the meeting. Emails don't get read quickly enough (about 98% of SMS messages get read within 3 minutes so it works really well for reminders.)

Our ideal schedule for maximizing show rates is:

• 5 minutes after the meeting is booked - send an automated email or SMS introducing the rep to the prospect.
  • 24 hours before the meeting
    • If the attendee has confirmed - send an automated SMS reminder that you're excited to chat tomorrow.
    • If the attendee has NOT confirmed - send an automated SMS to let them know you noticed they haven't confirmed the calendar invite and ask if you're still on for tomorrow.
  • 1 minute before the meeting - send an automated SMS to tell them you're jumping on and looking forward to chatting and include a link with meeting details.

That sequence crushes it and drove both the show rate and quality of our meetings up. Including a link in the reminders with meeting details helps to remind and reinforce the value of the meeting as well as make it easy to join.

Full disclosure, I wasn't able to do all that with Hubspot alone. That led my co-founders and I to build the Hubspot app that we wished existed.

We're about to release a new version that has a bunch of new functionality to help improve show-rates. 

You can take a look at this video overview if it's helpful.

I would love to hear any feedback as well. Feedback has been super helpful in building this new version and I'd love any additional feedback I can get.

mikevark_0-1668726986918.png

OwenChambers

WOW came here to see how recent this request was as it's such a simple and obvious one. 
2018!!! this meeting and calendar function is farcical. an absolute joke... Problem is the joke is on me I look like a dummy setting up this software that's not fit for purpose for sales teams. Calendly it is...

bsm007
Top Contributor

It's been 15 months -- any progress on this?

AMittelberger

would it be really useful  as the mail is not really clear  - no company name .   it will be a good idea to be able to personnalize it . 

nicowegher
Contributor

Any news on this?
It´s like a basic funcionality. Just edit the body of the email sent.

It´ll be great to improve our sales team efficency. For example remidinng the customer which steps should do before the meeting (create account, watch a video, etc)

AMarco8

Come on guys, this is a must to have! I'm going to use Calendly until this is solved. 

AMB
Participant

Yes, we need to add an attachment to our confirmations - information that the contact needs to read before our meeting. Please add this functionality!

GFernandez34
Participant

This is a true pain point. Following our brand's look & feel along all our customer journey is important to us, and the meeting confirmation email just looks extremely off-brand.

remyf
Participant

This idea from 2018 seems to have high interest, yet I'm not finding where/how to customize the meeting confirmation email. Is this still an open idea? Has HS created a way to update the generic message? I'd love to get an update from the @glencornell ! :-]

LeonardoDVinci
Contributor

why isn't this enabled at the first place?

Anonymous
Not applicable

CShaw6

+1

SaraMae
Contributor

Upvoting and requesting that we also look into having the event description in the confirmation email sent to recipients as well as more property fields - particularly custom fields in the Meeting Form so that we can customize where this information is viewed for our customers experience. 

A workaround would be a workflow and automated emails but we need to be able to bring over meeting dates and times and custom meeting fields for those to be effective. Please consider allowing this, espeically as custom meeting properties are a paid feature. 

SaraMae
Contributor

Adding a note that there is a Calendly app integration that solves all these issues for $12-15 a month verses the $45 a month for SalesPro to use meetings tool with a Marketing Enterprise account. Would be great for this to get prioritized as I'd happily spend more on a HubSpot in-house tool if it was equitable in features.

https://app.hubspot.com/ecosystem/21669318/marketplace/apps/sales/scheduling/calendly-199720 

EVasiljevic

This would be a great improvement!

CarinaMouro

100% agree.

myworks-peter
Participant

It's been 5 years that this issue has been open. Why can we still not have any customization control over these emails??

annieg241
Contributor
Agreed. We need this ASAP