HubSpot Ideas

StephanieB

Customize GDPR subscription type in sales documents

I recently realized when you turn on GDPR functionality for documents in HubSpot it applies your whole portal default GDPR privacy & consent settings to the document. There's no document-level customization (or even customization for the documents tool a whole). It's just a toggle switch for "on/off" and very little information about where it even pulls the settings from (it's your portal default btw under privacy and consent). 

We have multiple users sending documents for a variety of reasons and they do not all relate to one default subscription type. The user should be able to select the subscription type that best applies to that specific document and situation. 

If anything, since it's a sales tool, the default should be 1:1 sales email opt in not marketing email opt in. But ideally, we'd be able to customize the subscription type and the privacy and consent text on the document level or set a default for the tool per portal. 

5 Replies
artash
Participant | Partner

We need the same. Lots of leads see our documents but have to add their one to one consent manually! Any odeas how to customize or automate one to one subscriptions?

mgeorgieva
HubSpot Product Team

Thank you so much for posting this idea. We're doing a bit more research into this. Are the different documents sent to different markets? Or to contacts in different brands? Wanted to understand if documents is the only place you'd expect to see the customized options appear and what you'd like to base it off of.

Thanks,

Maggie Georgieva

Product Manager, 

HubSpot

StephanieB
Contributor | Elite Partner

Hey @mgeorgieva yes the documents might be sent to people in different geographic locations, potentially some are clients already and some aren't, but across all HubSpot users, not just me, I can imagine a TON of different uses for this. I'll admit, I haven't looked into the subscription types settings in documents since I posted this idea almost 3 years ago but I'd be happy to jump on a call sometime if that would help.

Basically, my point is when GDPR is on on a document, it's not clear which subscription type they're opting into. Just having the option would be helpful to customize the text or just even set it to 1:1 sales communication. Right now the toggle is just "on or off" as you can see in my photo below. Then, if the document is shared with someone who is asked to enter their email - which subscription is that by default? And why can't I change it?  

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 10.24.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-09 at 10.24.34 AM.png

mgeorgieva
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks for elaborating, Stephanie. That makes perfect sense. We will dig into this some more and definitely take you up on your offer to talk more in person. Will reach out in a couple of weeks!

Best,

Maggie

kehokl

I would love this ability! We use documents for existing customers, sales or marketing so being able to customize which email subscription a customer selects would be so much more useful than requiring everyone to sign up for marketing emails.