HubSpot Ideas

nicolerohrer

Customize From Name for emails sent from alias email address

Some users use an alias email address for sending and want the From name to be customized based on the context of how they are using that address. In Gmail, you can customize the From name based on Alias and users would like to replicate that in HubSpot. Presently it shows the Across All Accounts user name connected to the account. 

9 Comentários
josephorr
Membro

Also, we often use the general email "Company Support" or "New Business" or "<comapany name>" - so it would be great if the From Name could be whatever alias is set by user and/or administrator.

MChild
Membro

There seem to be many use cases for this.  When I am in Gmail and switch my email alias, the from name also changes to accompany the email alias. Say for example I want to email back from our support email ex. support@companyname.com, I would like for the from to be "support team" as opposed to my name. Or if for a sales/marketing email, I am sending an email on behalf our our head of marketing/operations/CEO/etc. I would like the name to reflect the email address it is coming from. 

nsdp
Membro

Would like this too.

MeowtelSitters
Membro

This would be extremely helpful to my team and our clients and partners as well. We really hope this gets added!

IamYIZ
Colaborador(a)

What is the point of having an alias if you don't have ability to do this.

angelajimenez
Membro

Yes, I agree. It doesn't make sense to have an option for an alias without the ability to change a name. This function is strongly needed. Thank you!

Siju
Membro
  • Add the ability to change the 'from email address' and 'from name' to something else. This is possible if you connect that email to the account.
  • However, the name still does not change. 

Example: If I wanted to send an email from Jerry Mouse (jerry@email.com) instead of Tom Cat (tom@email.com) I can. But the name will be stuck as Tom Cat (jerry@email.com).

It cannot be changed as its stuck to the name of the account user on Hubspot.

NHettige
Participante

Must have feature. Idea submitted in Oct 2020, not sure why this didn't get attention yet..

HubSp0tter
Membro

Much needed missing feature!