HubSpot Ideas

shaimoom

Customize Form Submission Notification Email

In the Form Options, there is a section where we can add email addresses who get "Notified when submitted". There is an automated email that gets sent that currently cannot be customized. Can we get access to customize this email?

87 Replies
soundservice

This is dumb. How you can configure all things under the sun for fields for the form, but not the subject line?!

SRuckaberle

It would be so great to have this tool! I would like to have the internal page name inside of this notification

KDeLange

Totally agree.  We receive notification that a new form has been submitted, but without having the customer name automatically populate in the subject line, things could get missed.  What workaround could we use?  This is beginning to be a problem.  

jbotelho
Contributor

Adding my support for this functionality. Our sales team finds the notifications meaningless because they have to click into each email to see what form was filled out and who the contact is. 

RNicholson6
Participant

This is becoming a business-critical requirement that will obviate the need for a subsequent workflow.  Its about determining what information becomes "visible" to other parties in the lead nurturing process.  Please make this a priority

AmrSoftec

I have an Idea,

Can the HubSpot dev team update the email subject, such as (First Name -New submission on HubSpot Form "Main Banner Form")???

I am using the Hubspot form on my website https://www.amrsoftec.com/home-test/. Every time I received an email notification from Hubspot (New submission on HubSpot Form "Main Banner Form"). When someone fills in the form on my website, all email notifications merge in one place. As shown in the images below.

hp.png

It would be great if you add the First Name option in the email subject. So that all email notifications are received separately in the inbox.  It would be more convenient to reply back to all the clients. Hence, I can easily copy the client email from the notification's message body while replying.

Amardeep Singh
AMR Softec
www.amrsoftec.com

ETH
I agree. It’s really time to take this “simple” request and escalate it. This is a premium service and the desire to customize the subject of an incoming notification email seems fairly basic.

If there is some reason why it’s more complex than we realize, please let me know. I was told initially that when 100 people request a feature, then development begins looking at it. Can someone at lease comment on why it’s not an easy fix?
MBorisov

Definitely a great feature that we need! 

We have 3-4 different forms and our team needs to sort out the leads. Using first name, form name and then all the other information will be very helpful. 

Best Regards, 

Mladen, Head of Marketing @ ARC Academy

ringer135
Participant

Adding this functionality to my "this is a need, not a want anymore" list. Hope it happens.

KOsorio9
Member | Diamond Partner

Me too!! still nothing 2022  ☹️

KAusk
Participant

Chiming in as well as I was just searching for how to update this and found this thread starting from 2017. Crazy 😵! Also voting to be able to modify the subject line of these sends. 

BSong
HubSpot Employee

Agreed, while a workflow is a good workaround it would be good if we had this as an option for specific forms

SBertani0

In the past in the non customizable email notification there was a link to the Salesforce contact. Now to get to Salesforce it's needed to open the Contact in Hubspot and then look for the Synch section and from there click on the link. Even if the feature to make the email template notification customizable is not in the roadmap, please at least consider re-adding the Salesforce Contact direct link into the body of the email. Unless there is an attempt to discriminate Salesforce users? Thank you

TOlney

Is there a workaround for this issue?

Fischer

Please add this basic feature request to your priority list – it's year 2022.

mwalsh949

I agree, we need to be able to customize this. HubSpot very plainly puts "HubSpot branding removed" as one of the features with their Starter Pack and above. When a form is submitted, we use the submission notification we recieve to start a conversation with the customer so they have a copy of their form. Right at the top of this email is a large HubSpot logo. So the sales team has to delete the branding each time they wish to use this email. It's just frustrating that the submission confirmation isn't a plain receipt of the customers information without the HubSpot branding. Especially since HubSpot uses "HubSpot branding removed" as one of the call-out features of their Starter pack, it's a little misleading.

HubSpot branding removedHubSpot branding removedHubSpot brandingHubSpot branding

DanFromCF
Contributor

I'd also like to see this implemented.

For us, it'd be nice to customize what appears in the company summary - we'd like to include the Relationship Type field so our inbound teams can immediately identify any requests from our partner network and forward them on to the partner team. 

JPerciavalle

I would also like to see this feature implemented. We use these form submissions to kick of other internal implementation requests. It takes time away from those functions to look for information in the contact record. 

I know we can set up specific workflows that accomplish this with our custom automated emails, but it should be an easy feature right within the form editor. It's frustrating that we have to build a workflow and custom email every time we want to accomplish this simple thing. 

SDumcum

Requested in 2017, still not a feature?
GravityForms and Elementor Forms (WordPress) do this very well. 

You can receive a set message and select which fields are completed when received. Would love to see this feature. 

GCrane

5 years later ... I'm a new user and shocked this isn't included out of the box. 

All I want is to edit the form submission email subject, and make the 'from' email address the one the user entered on the form so I can quickly reply to them without copy / pasting. 

My 'workaround' is simply to include a Jotform in an iFrame. But why should I have to pay for a form service when Hubspot includes one (but it's rubbish)?