HubSpot Ideas

shaimoom

Customize Form Submission Notification Email

In the Form Options, there is a section where we can add email addresses who get "Notified when submitted". There is an automated email that gets sent that currently cannot be customized. Can we get access to customize this email?

87 Replies
Jackie_Richmond
Member | Partner

We need this too!

OrriCQ
Contributor

Using Hubspot with an email client that groups by conversation, different form submissions get grouped as the same conversation, which is inconvenient. This leads to greater potential of incoming leads being lost.

The subject line: New submission on Collected Forms "#gform_9" needs at minimum to be modified with the time the form was submitted, or with one of the fields from the form.

GreatMarketer

I agree. 

Chrisirwin

Please enable the automatic email header text to be editable. It is too long currently so does not help with sorting when viewed in email clients. If editing is nto possible then shorter standard text would help

nellp

This needs to be implemented asap. Make it a pro option to remove the Hubspot branding and change the title of the e-mail, at the very least.

tkuna05
Member | Partner

I would love to be able to modify the subject line of the form submission notification emails. Specifically I would just like to include the "Company Name" within the subject line for better organization of these notes.

LukeTownsend

Like others I'm also looking to put contact source in these email notifications

Elitegroup

i think it would be a good idea to be able to change what the form submission email looks like for maximum efficiency when arriving in the customer support email so they can quickly identify which form it was from 

MajorZen

We would also like this feature!

MBlaxton

Also voted for.
How the default emails look in my gmail inboxHow the default emails look in my gmail inbox

Seems like most people here just want the ability to edit the subject line. That would help. I would like it to be "Hubspot -New submission from "Contact Name" personally.

Also, being able to edit the email body text would allow the contact details to be displayed in the email preview instead of the redundant "New submission on HubSpot Form "Lead Form" and "Page submitted on: Page Name".

Subject line only should be free. Full body customization should be premium.

theoremreach

Does anyone have an example of a workflow they've built to get around this. I'm truly shocked this isn't an out of the box feature in HubSpot.

sarahatpype

@theoremreach ours is fairly simple:

Enrollment: has filled out [form name] on [any page]. Renerollment is enabled (in case they fill out the form again)
Send Internal Marketing Email: [automated email name] to [internal email address(es)]

Your automated email should use personalization tokens to provide the information you want to relay. Our notification email has a personalization token of the name and company of the contact in the subject line. 

Sample notification emailSample notification email

nellp

@sarahatpype to be fair, "send internal marketing email" requires an upgrade to Professional. What the idea is suggesting is to make at least subject lines an out-of-the-box feature.

fabcolombi
Member | Partner

Really needed!

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I've been in contact with the HubSpot product team about this Idea, and I wanted to provide a quick update.

We appreciate all the feedback you’ve shared here to help our team evaluate this feature request. However, at this time, this functionality is not something our team is planning to build into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future, so feel free to leave feedback if you'd like. We'll update this thread if our plans change.

Best,
Joe
Ideas Forum Manager

MBlaxton

They are not planning on adding this lol. All these people requesting and they say no. They must plan on keeping it behind a paywall.

CWBourque
Contributor | Partner

Thanks, @JoeMayall.

@MBlaxtonNo it's not going to be behind a paywall. It sounds like this won't be available regardless of the service level purchased (Starter, Pro, or Enterprise).

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say the reason this isn't a priority is that there are potential workarounds available. The Product Team at HubSpot has a finite number of resources (like any dev team) and they are prioritizing features for which there are no workarounds, there are critical needs not being met, there are highly desired new features wanted by the community, or there are bugs in existing features causing unexpected results. This is a purely logical deduction on my part and does not come from any source inside of HubSpot.

The workaround we've used is to enroll a person filling out a form into a workflow and create our own internal response emails in that workflow IF we need something that's branded or different than the standard response email. Most of the time the standard response email is fine even though we'd love to brand it to us or our clients.

The notification email is simpler of course since you just add an address it goes to, but once you have a few custom notification emails created and a few workflows that trigger them built you can clone and update as needed for new processes. 

Crezo
Participant

We've just signed up with Hubspot Marketing Pro - and to not be able to change the subject line of emails coming from forms is absolutely insane, it's an rock bottom basic level feature that should be in there.

Our whole sales team are going to go ape sh*t when they get all contact form emails with subeject lines like "Contact reconversion by submitting on HubSpot Form 'form name'". I mean who thought that was a catchy subject line?  Smiley Very Happy I mean even something as simple as "New 'form name' submission" would at least have made sense to people.

As I'm new to the platform, I'm hoping it's relatively easy to setup something to work so our sales team don't lose the plot.  We'll see!

CWBourque
Contributor | Partner

@Crezo See my solution above. Here's the gist:

The workaround we've used is to enroll a person filling out a form into a workflow and create our own internal response emails in that workflow IF we need something that's branded or different than the standard response email. 

Also, see the solution by @sarahatpype above. She's outlined the same idea in more detail. 

Pagenoi
Contributor

Adding my thoughts as to why this should be considered a necessary addition.
My company uses our HS website mostly for sales, front-end only. We have a proprietary SaaS that we use for current clients, and while we would prefer that they went to the SaaS page directly to log in, some users will not convert to using a "portal" for their needs. In those instances, we have a form for "Current Clients" to basically send us their requests. Those currently go to a centralized inbox that has to be manually sorted to be delivered to the correct department or local office. Our system can parse data to deliver these emails directly but only from the "Subject" and "From" fields - so none of the HubSpot forms can be sent to the correct location all because the subject is "New Submission from HubSpot form..." 

Even being able to edit just the subject line would help a ton of people who are currently relegated to using a workflow as a sub-par work around.