HubSpot Ideas

Jana1

Customize Error Message in Forms

There are error messages in the HubSpot forms which always appear if, for example, an e-mail address is incomplete or a required field has not been filled in. Currently I cannot change anything about this text. However, it would make sense if we could customize this content.

11 Replies
arun_mohan
Participant | Platinum Partner

Hey @Jana1  I was similarly searching for this, when I came accross this article: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/forms/advanced_form_options .

Please scroll down to the webpage mentioned, it gets more interesting.

Hope this helps.
Smiley Happy

horeapiper
Participant | Elite Partner

Hi @Jana1,

I created a custom module that you can use to customize/translate all the form error messages.

You can get it here on the HubSpot Marketplace.

Cheers,

WPenner
Participant

I'd also see great benefit in being able to edit/customize the error messages in form validation routines. In addition, setting focus to the first affected field would go a long way toward achieving accessibility requirments.

rolfsterhh
Participant

+1

GFoerster
Customize Error Message in Forms
I highly support this change or feature request. 
GFoerster

hey @horeapiper 

"You can get it here on the HubSpot Marketplace." <- the link seems not to be working (for me anyway), is the module still on the marketplace?

ShiranA
Contributor | Diamond Partner

me neither

WGwardjak9

Waiting for this to be available!

VoytechMedia
Contributor

Cannot wait to have this! 🙂

AndrewPSE

Agreed - we have free email providers blocked for a form. If you enter a gmail address, it shows this error message: "Please enter a different email address. This form does not accept addresses from gmail.com." - We want to edit this error message so we can link to another place that person can submit rather than being blocked. Would be great to edit this error message.

MichelleNguyen

One upvote for this feature!