HubSpot Ideas

Jarrick

Customize Date Picker

I need the ability to customize the dates shown in a date picker so that only the dates that are relevant are shown and the irrelevant dates are grayed out.

I have a form that collects registrant information for an ongoing event that is only held on specific dates but the dates and times change month to month.

Right now I am forced to use a text field for the available dates, which keeps me from being able to setup automated reminder emails based on date.

Atualizações da HubSpot
Status atualizado para: Idea Submitted
September 20, 2017 09:07 AM

Status atualizado para: Needs Detail
May 04, 2017 11:29 AM

This is an interesting idea @Jarrick. Would love to hear more use cases around this and how people would use this feature.

38 Comentários
BastiSchuhl
Top colaborador(a)

We also came across this limitation. It'd be very powerful to have a "doodle' like date & time picker option for events and meetups. So that users can only choose between predefined date & time combinations.

Hanisha
Membro

I would love to have this feature. We have an event that happens every monday to friday. We request guests to pick a date during weekdays, however they may miss the instruction and end up booking on a saturday. It becomes a lot of work calling and re-scheduling.

valleybox
Membro

I would like to customize the date picker to not allow leads to select past dates, today's date or weekends. 

Hanisha
Membro

It would be great to have this feature. We have events that are held only on Saturdays, so I am unable to use Hubspot forms and have to integrate with a different platform.

Status atualizado para: Not Currently Planned
JoeMayall
Alunos da HubSpot

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I've been in contact with the HubSpot product team about this Idea, and I wanted to provide a quick update.

We appreciate all the feedback you’ve shared here to help our team evaluate this feature request. However, at this time, this functionality is not something our team is planning to build into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future, so feel free to leave feedback if you'd like. We'll update this thread if our plans change.

Best,
Joe
Ideas Forum Manager

JosephBeam
Participante | Parceiro

Robô maluco

NicoleSengers
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Elite

Hi there. This would be a helpful feature to be able to choose a day in the past only or a day in the future only etc - Its often necessary for custom event forms.

nateanderson
Membro

Yes, this would be very helpful for us for sales demos. Right now we use a drop down field and a member of our team has to change it after each one.

MMGF
Membro

This is useful for our business too - select a 2 day Training.  When the Training is filled to block out certain dates. 

GavinL
Participante

In addition to the previous examples, for any date picker field (whether shared on a form for a customer to complete, or in a ticket we are managing), we need to be able to restrict the date range available for selection using simple options ( like today only, before today, after today, next 7 days etc) or custom options (where you select the available date range)

As an example for tickets, if we receive a complaint and send it to our complaint investigation team to review/resolve, when they note the investigation start date, invesitgation end date, and other key dates in the process they should only be able to select the current day (or certainly not any day in the future)

CPSCB
Colaborador(a)

Agree with @NicoleSengers - our use case would be satisfied with a toggle to "accept dates in the past or accept dates in the future." Particularly because of mobile interface with date pickers, we have users who select a date in the future on feedback type forms when that can't be possible. This impacts reporting (caluclated time between properties) and follow up workflows.

JGolden
Participante

Seeing this has been asked about several times for a few years now over a few threads... setting simple in-system date restrictions (cannot select a date less than 7 calendar days out) would be far more valuable than you can realize.

No more constant reminders. No more time/money spent & correcting individual instances over hundreds of records. No more current & new onboardee enablement. No more VP time & energy spent calming frutrations cross-department over SLAs.

NHealy
Membro

Looking for this exact same functionality and running into some customer compliants/confusion as a result of not being able to limit selected dates to the future. Would love to be notified when the functionality does become available. Thank you!

Tavis
Participante

This is a great idea @Jarrick! @vishnu @roisinkirby , similar to the calendar booking function that already exists in Hubspot, the ability to restrict a date range (custom range) would allow users to further customize forms for specific events, availability or guide users toward a specific date range i.e. a webinar series available on certain days of the week or month. 

SamStAmour
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite

Some of my clients would also benefit from this functionality.

I can see many types of businesses that have some annual/cyclical activities (around schools, seasonal, etc) using this a lot. 

EEiksund
Membro

I have a similar need.

We sell contests and most of those a set date for start: Mondays. I was hoping to reduce the flexibility when choosing a date to only show certains dates which our system has pre-defined. It's all automated on our end and this is a potential workflow-breaker and extra work to correct after form submissions. 

SKollabathula
Membro

Anything, but not a past date. 

That would be not only ridiculous, but also, an opportunity to make fun of the business community to whom hubspot serves.

DAmbrosi
Membro

This is definitley needed.