HubSpot Ideas

Jmjermaz

Customize Call Outcome options

I would like to be able to customize the drop down list from the call outcome option as it doesn't represent the outcomes I would like recorded. Is this possible? Otherwise can we turn it off so it doesn't state no outcome on the timeline?

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
March 20, 2020 08:26 AM

Hello everyone! 

This feature is rolled out to everyone. More details about how this will work and who it is applicable to here - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/calling/create-custom-call-outcomes

Thank you for all your feedback and patience for the last few months.

Regards,

Vijay Vadlamani

In Beta
March 08, 2020 02:59 PM

Hi everyone, 

Checking it to see how the beta is going on. Please DM me with your feedback / comments. Plan to roll this out widely to everyone soon. 

In Beta
March 04, 2020 07:36 AM

Hi everyone, 

Happy to announce that this feature is now in Beta! If you are interested in participating, please DM me your portal ID. More details about how this feature will work here - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/calling/create-custom-call-outcomes?hs_preview=rRZYTGJn-26596948209

Regards,

Vijay

In Beta
March 03, 2020 11:24 AM

Hello everyone! 

We plan to start the beta for this feature in a couple of days. If you are interested in being a part of the beta group, please direct message me your Portal ID. Please note that this feature is only available for Sales & Service Professional and Enterprise customers. 

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Vijay

In Planning
February 06, 2020 01:11 PM

Hello everyone! 

Apologies for the silence here. We just started engineering work on this feature and hope to have a beta out by end of the month. I will keep you all posted on the progress we are making. Thank you for your patience. 

Regards,

Vijay Vadlamani

In Planning
October 30, 2019 10:24 AM

Hey everyone!

I have some good news for you all! We are picking up this feature for development. Since rolling out this feature requires coordination between multiple product teams, I don't have an exact timeline now but hope to share more details soon.

I would love to recruit some beta test users when we are ready. Keep an eye out for my updates. 

Thank you for your patience while we work on delivering this feature. 

Regards,

Vijay Vadlamani

September 12, 2019 08:31 AM

Hi everyone, 

First off, apologies for the back and forth on this feature request over the past week. 

My name is Vijay Vadlamani and I recently joined HubSpot as a Product Manager in charge of Email and Calling Features within the HubSpot CRM. I'm here to provide an update on this feature request.

My team is currently working on improving the core infrastructure and performance related issues with calling which will make the calling experience reliable, fast, and that just works for our customers across all regions. This means we are unable to immediately deliver on additional customization features such as this one at this point in time and I unfortunately don't have an exact timeline. However, we realise the value this feature adds and your feedback here will help us priortize once we accomplish our immediate objective - to make calling fast and reliable for all our customers.

Thank you for your patience and I will keep you all posted on our progress.

Regards,

Vijay Vadlamani

Idea Submitted
April 26, 2019 07:17 AM

Hi HubSpot Community! 

We're continuing to evaluate the possibility and details surrounding  "Customized Call Outcome Options". However, at this point I am going to move this idea backwards to the "Idea Submitted" stage as we are not actively planning to deliver this in the coming weeks or months. We're continuously focused on building great products that can help you grow better, but at this time our efforts are focused around rounding out our core offerings as opposed layering on customization. 

That said, we certainly see the value in allowing customizable call outcomes and will update this issue when we re-shift our focus towards solving this problem. 

Re: Customize Call Outcome options - changed to: In Planning
September 11, 2018 01:40 PM

We're planning on adding this functionality! Stay tuned for further updates.

137 Replies
lp

This would be a really useful feature for my team, hopefully it will be added soon.

sheldonz
Participant

This would be very helpful for documenting the type of call that was made.  For example, a prospecting call or a customer service call.  We track KPIs based on the type of call and can't record that now.

KatieH

We would love for the call outcomes to be more specific for our business and reporting needs.

We require additional fields in this section. At this moment in time, Hubspot will only tell us that a call was connected/pitched to a decision maker and we want to add a field - 'Connected but declined' where using the reporting add on, we can filter those that have advised they are not interested in our service.

choicelocaladam

It would be extremely beneficial to have a "no message left." Sometimes in the pursuit of connecting with a DM, you'll not want to bother leaving a message with a gatekeeper. 

akishaitas

It is exciting to see that this option is very popular. I request Hubspot gets on this as soon as possible to make it happen

Also,  guys (guys meaning software users) we donts want hubspot to create the categories for us because there is a huge diversity of what option to have

Wjat I am saying is for us (users) to have the ability to "RENAME" the optons as we see fit.

Pretty cool uh?

Lets get this done

DanielK123

Can we please can we have this avaliable as a feature in the future? 

Allen85
Hi folks,

This feature has now been added. It is actually more useful than we had hoped. You can customise the call types AS WELL AS select the outcome. This allows you to see how many calls, of a specific type "connected" for example. I would recommend scheduling a call with HS and they will help you with this. 

This is the report you will want in order to view your stats - Calls made by Rep

I hope this is useful.

Allen
JasonC
Contributor

@Allen85 

Spoiler
Hi folks,

This feature has now been added. It is actually more useful than we had hoped. You can customise the call types AS WELL AS select the outcome. This allows you to see how many calls, of a specific type "connected" for example. I would recommend scheduling a call with HS and they will help you with this. 

This is the report you will want in order to view your stats - Calls made by Rep

I hope this is useful.

Allen

It has? Where do we put the custom fields in that we want?

JasonC
Contributor

OK yes, @Allen85 is correct they did implement this.

Here are the instructions on how to add custom activities and call types.

1. Go to https://app.hubspot.com/sales-products-settings/
  2. Click Sales on the left
  3. Click Call & meeting types on the left
  4. Click the switch next to Enable and customize call and meeting types for your team.
  5. Click Add another type
  6. Type your custom activity
BoomCloud

The problem is not solved. I think majority of the people on this thread are needing the ability to customize the call outcome. The additional feature is great but it does not solve the initial problem. 

akishaitas

Guys we need to get this done... Customizing call outcome would make a huge difference

JasonC
Contributor

@BoomCloud

After posting I noticed the same. You can only customize the type of Call or Meeting

I messaged support and they told me to post here https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Customizing-quot-log-activity-quot-and-Task-type-in-H...

I tried to explain to the best of my ability.

BoomCloud

@JasonC Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! 

JustinBlomgren

I really hope the Hubpot team realizes how effective this would be to have the ability to edit the "call outcome" dropdown menu. Prospecters all have different needs and I think this feature should be moved to the top of the "Must have" pile. PLease help Hubspot! Pretty please?

akishaitas

=====>> Call Outcome<<======

Ok....   I am going to ask EVERY user to stop asking for Hubspot to provide a drop down list with specific items on the drop down menu in the Call Outcome field

IF they allow us to customize that field.... meaning to LET US rename the existing fields then you can name them ANYTHING you want. Just like we are doing right now with the call type... 

You guys get this right?

OK GREAT

To my friends at Hubspot....

I REALLY THINK you see the value of allowing US to name the fields on the drop down menu in the "Call Outcome"

I truly ask that you guys implement it right the way. It will give us a great picture on reporting on where to focus our efforts

BTW... Thank you for the new field (type of call) I like it

Akis

TeresaGA

I would like to be able to customize the drop down list from the call outcome option as well. This would be very helpfull

BCooper
Participant

I would also like to be able to modify "Select an Outcome".  Recently I called on a prospective agent.  His license was still active with the state.  This is why he showed up on our list.  However, when I called to talk with him, the receptionist commented he had passed away some six months ago.  If I could modify this section, I would add "Reached".  I reached the office, but did not Connect with my contact.

Thank you,

Bryan

cstewartPCI
Participant

We need this as well -- please get this going ASAP.

We need more than generic options.

zoestreetaway

I would also like yo be able to do this. Do we know when we will be able to create our own call outcomes so we have sufficient reporting? And be able to export a report into XL. 

kellyn

This feature would really help us be able to customize our Hubspot CRM to reflect what we currently have set up in NetSuite where we are able to customize our Call Outcome options.