HubSpot Ideas

MarciaDegnan

Customization in the Customer Portal

It would be great to be able to customize the customer portal with something other than support tickets. Ex. A place for customers to upload documents, view project status, etc. 

21 Replies
RMirsky

I like this idea.  Though it would require a restructure of how the portal works. A customer CAN upload a document currently as long as you make file upload a part of your new ticket form. 

Ebalkema

I would love to have a real customer portal with different information sources for different clients or even prospects.

We would like to show for prospects:

Proposals,

Design files

For clients the same as prospects but also

Meeting notes

deadlines for clients to deliver content to us

deadlines for us to deliver content to client. 

JNWilkinson
Member | Elite Partner

I think it would be valuable for customers if we could modify the columns in the table on the Ticket Listing page in the Customer Portal. For istance be able to add, remove or move columns that relate to specific Ticket record proprties e.g. priority, case types, etc.  Also, there should be a way to filter by support case types, products, etc the same way you can currently filter by ticket status.

CSchulte5

We would also love this!

ThaisCampbell
HubSpot Employee

Good idea!

VSonne4
Participant | Diamond Partner

Agreed @JNWilkinson!  That customization would be very helpful. 

challhall
Member | Partner

This is something that we really need to have in place to really add value to customers. 2 way communication is good start but it is lacking.  Is there a roadmap on service hub / customer portal updates?  

Afix_marleen

We would also love this!

Also the possibility to make additional changes to the design of the portal. For example to add your own CSS file, so it fits the company's branding and make some changes to it looks and works better on mobile. 

And show your own ticket fields in the ticket detail page, like addtional ticket status and custom descriptions. 

dorecchio
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Very important to be able to customize the customer portal.

PLaukvik

Would make the Customer portal much better. I really miss the posibility to add my ovn text, modules, buttons etc in the customer portal. I have tried to make a webpage that does just this, with links to the customer portal and knowledge base. Does not work exactly as i'd like yet. Hopefully i'll get this page to look similar to hubspots own help centre.

AFortney

This is exactly what we need. Our customers have had a hard time keeping track of their tickets and the files uploaded to them since they need to click into them to get an adequate overview of the ticket. Being able to customize the information shown (especially files) on the main customer portal view will increase the ease of use greatly for our customers.

StephenCavanagh

My customers would really appreciate this functionality, very enthusiastic for this.

sesquivelrami

Waiting for this, is very important

JStamm
Contributor

More filtering capabilities in the customer portal has been requested in a separate thread. Please upvote here - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/More-filters-in-customer-portal/idc-p/804137#M145658

EPiCRob
Participant

This would be absolutely awesome. I'm surprised it's only built for tickets. 
I'd love to add files (e.g. Invoices), Documents (e.g. SOW, Project Documents etc) and also pages (ideally with custom content such as videos and the like) so that I can use it for onboarding and introducing the customer to our business and who is who in the zoo.

DStaat
Participant

Hey @MarciaDegnan,

I'm David from the hapily support team! We have a Customer Service Portal app that would be perfect for you. It allows customers to upload documents and view the status of their companies' tickets as well as their own. And it allows you to customize the portal to your liking! Check it out here.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be happy to hop on a call with you!

Best,

-David Staat

sesquivelrami

This topic is very important for me and my clients, please, we need work with this 

WChae

We also need this to be able to use the customer portal. We are very excited to see some customization be available!

DVerdyck
Participant

This is absolutely needed.

Salesforce offers full customazation of the portal. We need similar abilities, to show our customers more information other than the ticket ID, Ticket name and Status.

Why not add an option to include ticket description, and all other custom properties, as well as possibly associated deals/contacts/companies?

Deals is important because tickets often times require a deal to be solved (such as selling a spare part or repairing hardware etc.).

Colombo
Participant

we are considering moving our service inventory into hubspot and our current tool gives access to our clients for them to see the service inventory. It would be great if they could see the inventory (Custom Objects) via the service portal in Service hub.