HubSpot Ideas

Weatherhead

Customise 'Ideal Customer Profile Tier' properties in 'Target Accounts'

We love the new Target Accounts feature - but would like to be able to alter the properties for Ideal Customer ProfileTiers.

We use different naming conventions and would like to alter the current set 'Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3'.

You are able to create your own custom properties - which is great!  But maybe the option of hiding the default ones would be useful -  so you can use a different set of ABM account classification conventions (we use Key, Target, Secondary and Prospect). ' I know we could just go Tier 1 = Key...but we're always trying to streamline our systems to our processes 🙂

16 Replies
HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Couldn't agree more - It'd be nice to be able to add an updated name so that it's more meaningful for each company I work with. 

Tier 1 , 2 , 3 is to basic and doesn't give any indication what they mean

vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Agreed. I prefer to use naming conventions that suit my client. Right now we have to provide a 'glossary' of what we mean by Tier 1, Tier 2 etc which kind of defeats the object 😄 Would love to be able to customise existing names and add additional ones. 

I would also like to complete a Target Products/Services field that is dependent on the Tier. So for example, if the client is a "Strategic account" (Tier 1), we want to identify the services we'd like to sell into that account. So another field that is dependent on Tier 1 being selected would then allow us to choose a selection of services that we would like to (up)sell into that account.

In the interim, I've created a custom multi-select picklist, but I can't include that field as a filter in the exisitng standard ABM dashboard, and there's no relationship between my field and the ABM Tier field.

JenniferErena
Contributor

Also want to set the tier easily from within the Target Account Dashboard.  

BrianGunner

Agree, I would have also thought we could come up with something better than 'No Value'. We run reports that show comparisons against the entire database and having No Value loses the impact of the reports.

BrianGunner

I should have also added to currently get around this I have to strip the reports out of HubSpot and then place text boxes over them😠😠😠

klarx

I agree. We should at least be ablet o customize the label and add options.

AndreaMilani
Contributor

Would be great also to be able to remove tiers or replace them with custom ones, we currently have only 2 tiers but we can't hide tier 3, even if there is a toggle next to it but it is greyed out.

klarx

Could you please make this customizable asap. Especially the German translations are not very helpful.

TBucciarelli
Participant

Agreed! Seems like this might be a relatively easy fix? Especially now that you've done it successfully with your lifecycle property!

ULiff

I am trying to run a report where Target Accounts are sorted by my "ideal customer profile" tiers and show up in the following order. I have looked around, but can't find how to do this? 

• Tier 1
  • Tier 2
  • Tier 3
  • Prospects
  • Wishlist

As it relates to the topic above, I would also like to be able to alter the names of Tier 1, 2, 3.

Thank you, 

Ursula 

finn
Top Contributor

+1

YashD7
Participant

Agreed. Can we not just have the ability to update/modify this property? There seem to be too many restrictions of certain stuff that would otherwise make HubSpot much more enjoyable, especially for non-marketing and admin teams.

Steiger

I hate tier 1 etc. Who can remember what tier 1 means? I know we can make our own but frustrating to not be able to remove these defaults. Could solve this also if we had custom filter options on the Target Accounts page. We would end up not using the Ideal Profile at all and end up using our own categorization field

BKoehoorn

This is really important change as it's super unclear what a profile tier means, will increase clearity across the org. 

kaious
Top Contributor

Before I waste my time: has anyone tried modifying the field values via the properties API? Guessing it's probably also restricted, but worth a try?

brendan-murphy
Participant

Please allow the default options be deleted, editable, or at bare minimum just let them be hidden. The fact that we can add new options to the list, but not remove or hide the default ones makes absolutely no sense, and leaves a lot of room for human error for people using the system.