HubSpot Ideas

Ballina

Customisable Social Media Video Thumbnail

When scheduling your social media posts for video content, the system does not allow you to customise the thumbnail. It creates an autoplay thumbnail based on the first frame. 

Therefore in order to customise the thumbnail for social media video posts, you have to go directly to the social media platform to upload the content and select the thumbnail that you want. 

This defeats the purpose of using hubspot to manage your social media content if you require customised thumbnails. 

42 Replies
hellis
Participant | Diamond Partner

I totally agree with this! We definitely need an update allowing for this feature. 

LGrundhoefer
Participant

1000%

ChrisChambers

This is something that we're also very keen to be able to do as well.  

Edyta7510
Guide

We REALLY need this!!!

mmleziva
Participant

Definitely need this!

michaelk
Member | Gold Partner

Absolutely need it. It's avaialbe in all other areas of HubSpot so makes sense to have it here if we want to keep managing everything from a central hub.

Petter
Contributor | Elite Partner

Yep! Totally need this feature . 

ghigginbothem

100% need this. 

Kyle_Turner
Participant

We are struggling with this as well. Altering the first frame sometimes works, but that can result an annoying flash when auto-played and is unreliable.  You get better results posting natively, but that is time-consuming and defeats the purpose of the marketing hub social tools and campaign functions.

TWilloughby

Really need this to be implemented. 

JGelb

Absolutely. This is why I don't leverage Hubspot social publishing like I want to.

SereneBenson

Really need this feature. 

AHarley
Participant

I would really like to use HubSpot for sharing videos, but because of the thumbnail issue, and not wanting to look unprofessional, I frequently have someone upload to youtube first, then post the link through HubSpot.  Is that the preferred methodology? 

BThompson0

Is there an update on this please? 

The only workaround is to ensure that the first frame contains the content you want to show within the clip, but this is obviously extra work for our designers and isn't ideal for the video.

Thanks

Kyle_Turner
Participant

@BThompson0 Editing your video for the first frame does not reliably produce the intended social share frame, and I've stopped wasting the time to do so.  The side effect of doing this is a flash effect on auto-play and loop that looks like a defect in the video. 

There needs to be an option to carry-over the thumbnail selected in HubSpot.

LuluZHANG

Totally agree!!

SGagnon

Our team would also like to have this feature available.

MWood96
Member | Elite Partner

This absolutely needs to be implemented.

betterearthtroy

This is a huge part of automated social media that is lacking in Hubspot. This is a functionality that exists within Instagram so can't imagine the difficult in adding this to Hubspot. I find us now using only still images when scheduling and we have so much video content that requires a thumbnail that it is hugely disappointing not to have this feature in Hubspot.

Marian0596

Fully agree! We really need this feature.