HubSpot Ideas

mpatino

Custom property of type URL

We need a custom property of type URL for links to diffrent content. For example.

If I have specific content on my website for a white paper or a market study I would want quick access to that content from my Deal or Company record. also if we are woking off client specs that are held in a VDR (box, sharepoint, sharefiles, dropbox, googledrive) that the customer has profided I want to keep that link at my fingertips when I create the proposal. 

8 Replies
newstart

In general, all URL/URI links entered in HubSpot should be clickable.   This would include link addresses stored in a custom URL type property (Deals, Contacts, Companies, Objects, etc) as well as link addresses stored in built in properties such as the "Website" field in HubSpot Contacts.

RTank7
Participant

This would be great as link names could be added to shortened the URL. Plus the link will work in associated views and I'm sure other locations. 

TechCC

Its been 3 years now, is this feature available already?

bioneos

I was JUST facing this challenge this morning. Seems like the implementation would be easy, but the security implications are probably what they are balking against. I suppose you could always route it through an intermediate confirmation page?? But that might be annoying too. 

Seems like it should be an easy thing but I know from my background it is not. That said, I would LOVE if the effort was invested to make this happen. I mean links to get automatically picked up in the "Notes" object already so if they could just copy the implementation over from there I think it would work...

Shwizzy

Making a custom property type that is "URL" that can work in deals, contacts, companies, etc. would be great across the entire platform.

ODiamond

Bumping this up!

@hubspot any reason this isn't a capability for setting up properties?

Augustus
Top Contributor

Agreed, this is a necessity.  It would be ideal that the application will recognize a valid URL and automatically make as a hyperlink.  I want to use a calculated field to concatenate data from latitude and longitude values into a Google Maps link.

FDeLuca
Participant

I agree with everyone in this thread!!  url's should be clickable in HubSpot.  HubSpot is the only CRM I work with that doesn't have URL's clickable.   I'm surprised to see that this has been requested by users for several years now with no response.  How hard can it be to make valid links to websites, information, linkedin, etc clickable so you don't have to cut and paste?  OR why can't you hover over the link, right click and say open in another tab? Now you have to open the field, copy the link, close the field making sure you didn't remove the link with the copy, got to another window, paste and open.   Please fix this.  Thanks!