HubSpot Ideas

VagaeNatus

Custom properties for Activities (Tasks, Meetings, etc.)

We currently have custom properties for contacts, deals, companies and tickets. We need custom properties for activities too, which means custom properties for task, meetings, calls, etc.

Examples: 

- Calls: Aircall has to "print" text into the description for the call output

- Meetings: we want to confirm them 2 times. We can record in a structured way whether the meeting has been confirmed.

- Tasks: we'd like to have importance and urgency as inputs to define priority. We currently can't.

It's going to all allow finer management of tasks, calls, meetings, basically all activity types which a pre-requisite for activity-based workflows: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Activity-based-Workflows/idi-p/204852

As different activity types (calls vs meetings vs tasks) require different information, Hubspot should allow Admins to select which customer property applies to which activity type.

HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
April 27, 2020 03:57 PM

Hi Communnity,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback!

For transparency I am updating this issue to "Not Currently Planned" because we wont be able to get to this in the next quarter. 

Best,

Glen

121 Replies
EAmoroso
Participant

We also really need this feature, it would make meetings activity extremely versatile.

JoshMyself

Hi @glencornell, can we have an update on this please? (This was requested 5 years and 4+ months ago, and now has 355+ upvotes, and seems like it should be a fundamental part of the system for a lot of people.) Thanks!

johnjamie
Participant

This is a helpful feature, and seems straightforward to add?  Our use case is meetings specifically to score the quality of the meeting.

JessieS
HubSpot Employee

+1 I just had a customer asking about this today. @glencornell any chance this is something that could be revisited in the future? The use case was to be able to create a time between property to calculate the time between an activity create date and activity date property (sometimes a scheduled meeting may be later than the created activity date, for example). 

Otherwise, the alternate solutions could be to manually calculate and put it in a spreadsheet and import back into a custom deal property (if it's an activity for a deal) or consider working with a developer to pull those dates with the engagements API and run a calculation externally, to then feed the value back into a custom deal property, either through API or an import. 

LauraMM

Hi! This is a pretty essential feature for us - we need to report on the person who conducted the meeting. As in some cases, the host is not that person and the meetings are not transferrabe (cannot be reassigned to another person) we are stuck with the record of the person it was assigned to previously. It seeems very necessary to get some freedom by adding custome propoerties to meetings. 

RTrocano
Participant

Have a feeling that @glencornell moved to a different focus in HubSpot and this Idea Board is now in a big black hole. He hasn't had any comments in the community since 2022

@hubspot  - anyone else available that could take the helm?

KellieM
Participant
Very interesting - considering this was the forum suggested by the support team?
LauraMM

same here, the support team suggested this thread. I wonder if someone like @karstenkoehler might be able to help and tag Hubspot people here for visibility?

BFossey
Participant

I just landed on this searching how to manage custom properties for activities. Theres been constant replies for 5 and half years when this was posted. Seems like an obvious and necessary feature to me....

LauraMM

@MiaSrebrnjak @PamCotton @dennisedson @roisinkirby 

Just tagging a few active Hubspot community managers and product team...hoping someone will pick up this lost thread. Thank you!!

Carsten
Participant | Platinum Partner

HI @LauraMM - thanks for effort in tagging HubSpot community managers. Some reply would be helpful.

ArdaYOrhan

Upvote

LauraMM

unfortunately, noone seems to be interested in picking this thread up on the HS side @MiaSrebrnjak @PamCotton @dennisedson @roisinkirby 

LWest0
Contributor

This is very necessary and clearly there's a lot of desire for this. Please pick this up Hub!

CRosenthal

The lack of activity customization is an outlier for what makes Hubspot great - the ability to customize to meet your specific business needs. I am beginning to implement tasks across our organization and the lack of customization/administration will almost certainly become a roadblock. upvote!

LauGil
Participant | Gold Partner

@glencornell Is there any update on this one? 

IamHubSpotter
Participant

Was "Not Currently Planned" in 2020...any update for 2024?

SCampbell7

Is there any sign of activity customisation being moved towards the top of the priority list.  There is clearly a big demand for this and its a real bug bear espcecially when you consider the level of customisation on other objects.  

ACollins77

@glencornell people have been asking for this for 6 years. Hundreds of upvotes. Last update from you we were all still in quarantine. Can we get an update? 

gk0

+1 super important if i am to use tasks at all