HubSpot Ideas

VagaeNatus

Custom properties for Activities (Tasks, Meetings, etc.)

We currently have custom properties for contacts, deals, companies and tickets. We need custom properties for activities too, which means custom properties for task, meetings, calls, etc.

Examples: 

- Calls: Aircall has to "print" text into the description for the call output

- Meetings: we want to confirm them 2 times. We can record in a structured way whether the meeting has been confirmed.

- Tasks: we'd like to have importance and urgency as inputs to define priority. We currently can't.

It's going to all allow finer management of tasks, calls, meetings, basically all activity types which a pre-requisite for activity-based workflows: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Activity-based-Workflows/idi-p/204852

As different activity types (calls vs meetings vs tasks) require different information, Hubspot should allow Admins to select which customer property applies to which activity type.

118 Replies
JGombos

desparately needed to avoid having to purchase additonal software to accomplish better results

mcannizzo
Participant | Elite Partner

Hi HubSpot product team - Any updates on the status of this functionality?

jphilbrook
Contributor | Partner

Our team really wants to be able to add fields to the meetings. This is necessary. 

DGreenberg

Being able to add fields to meetings is critical.  Please help!!

ABerggren
Participant

Hi,

This is very much needed. Is there any update here? 

TvonPachelbel

Upvote, very important

roland_deshane
Participant

Here's my company's use case: We are constantly testing new Product ideas in the market and often testing several with the same customer. We want our sales team to be able to tag their meetings by the Products they are pitching so we can track sales converstaions by Product. Doing this at the Company level doesn't work because we may be pitching multiple Products to a given company so we wouldn't be able to tell which Product applies to which Meeting if just relying on a Company property for reporting purposes. 

Thanks

asdf1337

Same request 😄

Reevin
Participant

Upvoted.

TH7
Contributor

Desperately need along with the ability to update custom activity properties using workflows.

It is too hard to segment and analyze activites.

For example, I'd like to be able to tag activites if they ocurred when a contact/company was in the MQL stage.

TicTacTim
Participant | Gold Partner

I cannot believe this is not customizable.
Why does HubSpot force users to adapt to the options provided by them? If you look at call types, it is a dropdown field: Qualification, Position, Quote, Closing, Contract, Other. Our customers do have different requirements: not all of them have a sales funnel similar to the properties listed above.

This is badly needed, please make us admins adjust those!

MaxGuentherUPOP

I agree with @TicTacTim this is highly needed!!!
For example concerning meeting activities we have different sources by which a meeting could be booked as 'booked by website' or 'booked by call' and so on. Right now we have to write it by workaround into the meeting description to have the possibility to report sources of a booked meeting. A contact property is not the solution once a contact could book more than one meeting. 
In this specific case we need a custom activity property for each individual meeting. 
And this is only one use case we are not able to proceed with as desired.
Please make it work! 

BKoester

I agree with @TicTacTim. 

We also need this

MStach
Contributor

What is the status of this idea? We can't even update existing fields such as task type. Tasks are critical to our sales and service processes and we need far better capabilities for customization.

DKenny

This is a blocker for us to be able to use HubSpot in the way we need to use it, and could be a reason to switch CRMs.

LWynder
Participant

Yep, the ability to identify specific calls through a custom call property would help us flag activities that include key industry questions to inform our content creation.

LeahC

Up Vote - would love to be able to mark meetings as either 'In Person' or 'Virtual' as part of our reporting!

RTrocano
Participant

This would be fantastic to help sort through many tasks

Like Task Title - I have almost 200 To Do's and it would be so much faster if I could sort by title!!!

Carsten
Participant | Platinum Partner

This function is urgently needed. The Salesforce integration doesn't work either, because Salesforce has different task states than HubSpot. If we want to keep customers in the platform or, even better, draw them deeper into it, then this is essential.

SPeason
Participant

Upvoting and bumping the thread- this should totally be a feature!