HubSpot Ideas

VagaeNatus

Custom properties for Activities (Tasks, Meetings, etc.)

We currently have custom properties for contacts, deals, companies and tickets. We need custom properties for activities too, which means custom properties for task, meetings, calls, etc.

Examples: 

- Calls: Aircall has to "print" text into the description for the call output

- Meetings: we want to confirm them 2 times. We can record in a structured way whether the meeting has been confirmed.

- Tasks: we'd like to have importance and urgency as inputs to define priority. We currently can't.

It's going to all allow finer management of tasks, calls, meetings, basically all activity types which a pre-requisite for activity-based workflows: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Activity-based-Workflows/idi-p/204852

As different activity types (calls vs meetings vs tasks) require different information, Hubspot should allow Admins to select which customer property applies to which activity type.

118 Comentarios
rn
Miembro

Upvote - this should be possible

HubSpotMaster
Asesor destacado | Partner nivel Diamond

Upvote

str8sports
Participante

yes, this is needed for sure.

rr_xcarter
Colaborador

yes please

KeeganSmith87
Participante

YES. NEED.

VagaeNatus
Asesor destacado

To all who voted for that idea, wanted to let you know I've just updated this idea name from "Custom properties for Tasks" to "Custom properties for Activities".

woody
Colaborador

1 upvote.

This is a very basic feature that I think Hubspot should have it early.

TheZenVeteran
Participante

Without a doubt. It will also help me do quantitative analysis on task types, and their impact to revenue/won/lost/renewed etc. 

Kind of like an 80/20 analysis to the question "what tasks generate 80% of revenue, and what task waste 80% of our time?"

Tim_
Miembro

YES, this would make for so many possibilities!

MissTipsi
Colaborador líder

Another upvote here.

danieldirks
Participante

We really need this feature!

SMidili
Participante

I agree.  We need to distinguish in reports a custom campaign for that particular, call, meeting, email, deal, and task.  If you set it on the contact, you get all activities listed and not the one that is specific for that campaign. 

Estado actualizado a: Not Currently Planned
glencornell
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi Communnity,

Thank you all for sharing your feedback!

For transparency I am updating this issue to "Not Currently Planned" because we wont be able to get to this in the next quarter. 

Best,

Glen

craigvarcoe
Miembro

Custom Activities Are A Must For HubSpot

Totally agree with all the points raised above. This functionality is especially important in a post COVID-19 world where many organisations will be changing their processes and require customisation across activities (meetings, call, tasks)

A great example would be the addition of different tasks types like; "video meeting", "create quote", "follow-up quote" etc. 

Custom Activity Types Allocated To Specific Users or Teams

To further the idea, customised activity types should be allocated to various "team views" or specific users.

For example, a custom task type for our Sales Team could be "Create quote". Our Project Management Team (who manage a deal once it is "won") will never use this task type. Instead, they can have their own bespoke suite of tasks types that could include "Complete construction site Health & Safety documentation" or "Order & send product to construction site".

For Enterprise CRM users particularly, this level of functionality is a must to ensure the platform continues to suit our diverse business needs. 

Cheers, 

Craig

tjacksonbsc
Miembro

I would love to see a list of deals (filterable by date) and then if they have a task associated with them, the name of the task, the owner of the task, and the due date.

RichardM50
Participante

This functionality is way overdue - and lack of it makes continued investment in HubSpot unlikely.

Tobbelino
Miembro

Please add custom properties on tasks.

sberry11
Colaborador líder

Yes!!

als
Miembro

One example where HubSpot is so obvioustly behind SFDC

VagaeNatus
Asesor destacado

@glencornell in April you told us this idea was moved under "not currently planned" because you would not "be able to get to this in the next quarter."

That was 8 months ago now.

How does Hubspot revise the priority of ideas moved to "not currently planned" after a quarter? Also, let me express my concerns that moving an idea to "not currently planned" to reflect it's not going to be delivered in the current quarter is... somewhat fuzzy tracking. This idea was upvoted 75 times. I just want to make sure you don't throw everything into the bin at once.