HubSpot Ideas

susanmartin2006

Custom product properties on Quotes

It seems strange that I'm able to create custom properties on Products (like notes, comment, is optional selection, serial number) but they can't be used/pulled into Quotes. I don't think any functionality will change when we sync our product library with our ERP unfortunately. 

HubSpot Updates
March 24, 2022 09:50 AM

Hi all, sorry to have caused any confusion here. 

We are hoping to support custom properties in our default line items module soon. It is a highly requested feature so we are trying to prioritize this as soon as possible. 

In the meantime, with the launch of customized quote templates, we are providing more flexiblily with default and custom line item properties than there was in the legacy quoting feature. I'll make sure to update this thread once custom properties in the line items module is supported.

In Planning
March 15, 2022 11:21 AM

Hi all, Tori here, the PM of our Quotes team. I’m excited to announce that custom product and default line item properties are now supported in our new Customized Quote Template tool. 

Users can add default line item properties and custom personalization tokens to rich text modules in a customized quote template. In the line item table module, users can adjust which default properties are shown, we are hoping to support custom properties in the line items module soon.

To learn more about Customized Quote Templates, click here.

83 Replies
Katrina_Growth
Participant | Diamond Partner

It's critical for custom properties to be displayed on the quote, as the default properties do not meet our clients' needs. 

CBroeders
Participant | Platinum Partner

@velliott - i think theres been a misunderstanding, it is still not possible to add custom product properties to the quote - even with the new Customized Quote template feature. You can add personalisation tokens to the tekst but that is not what we are looking for here. 

Do you have any update on using custom product properties in the "Line Item Table" so that they are added to the quote on the right? 🙂 

CBroeders_0-1648132174881.png

velliott
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, sorry to have caused any confusion here. 

We are hoping to support custom properties in our default line items module soon. It is a highly requested feature so we are trying to prioritize this as soon as possible. 

In the meantime, with the launch of customized quote templates, we are providing more flexiblily with default and custom line item properties than there was in the legacy quoting feature. I'll make sure to update this thread once custom properties in the line items module is supported.

CBEAUCAMP
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi, 

I definitely need custom product properties that are displayed in the quote function as well.

Thanks

PCruz3

Custom field quotes asap, please! 

This is a middle mandatory stage in a sales process, pipeline.  Company loses efficency after so high investment, and clients may be lost in the way, the opposite of what we all want! 

Custom field quotes asap, please!  Thanks; Pedro

DNichols
Participant

I need to add a custom company property to our quote template. Hope this becomes possible soon!

CColes

+1 for displaying custom properties in quotes

We also need the default Recurring Revenue and Total Contract Value columns available to be output in the line items table

DNichols
Participant

I was able to add our custom property from the company object as a personalization token in the deal reference section of the quote template. I'm sure HubSpot will develop a better, more intuitive solution soon, but this gets us moving for now!

SamyS

This is now possible via the "Flow" templates within hubspot. When in the line-items table module, there's a tick box that says "Use additional product property" that you need to untick & it gives you the option to add any CRM product property to the table.

There's still a limit of 6 columns which is annoying, but you can get past this via the Rich Text modules and create a table yourselves & use personalize to map the properties you want onto it.

cjl2016
Participant

I agree, wholeheartedly! Most of the built in line items for quotes work for the majority of our business, but we have a couple lines of business that require that offer multiple price points for the same product or for which we want to calculate multiple payout totals. Being able to create custom properties within a quote would be an absolute game-changer for us!

BDuff
Participant

@velliott any updates on this? This feature would make our lives 100x easier.

Cwimmer
Participant

Although the quote templates are now editable (a huge step forward!), the custom product properties still cannot be shown in the "Line Items Table". Any update as to when this will be implemented? It's an essential feature for us to continue quoting through HubSpot! 

SamyS

@Cwimmer What you're refering to is possible.. see my previous post & screenshot below: 

SamyS_0-1670252683382.png

Cwimmer
Participant

@SamyS  I'm not seeing that option. Is that only part of Enterprise? See the screenshot of my line items table. 

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 16.35.30.png

SamyS

@Cwimmer  I think it's Sales Professional & Enterprise... not 100% though.

It's not on the normal templates (i.e. Basic, Modern, Original) ..It's on the "Flow" templates.

On quote settings --> Customise Quote Templates --> Flow Quote Tempalte (screenshot below)

SamyS_1-1670256955895.png

SamyS_2-1670257018193.png

Hope that helps!

Cwimmer
Participant

You're right! I found it on that template, thank you so much! 

yasiooy
Participant | Diamond Partner

This is a feature requested by multiple clients of ours and seems to be easy to implement - we hope to see it implemented soon!

MollUser1
Contributor

I might have already replied to this idea. But for us this would be seriously a game changer

AWarreyn

We also need the option of adding the custom property 'VAT-number' of our client in the quote template so it is displayed on our quotes

vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

@velliot This is a must-have for Quotes to function adequately. If we need custom properties on Products (and therefore Line Items), it is sensible to want to use them in Quotes 😁 

Is there any timeline on when this functionality will be available please. My client is trying to use as little custom code as possible, since we want to use drag-and-drop all over to make it really user-friendly. 

Thanks in advance!

Vanessa