Custom product properties on Quotes

susanmartin2006

It seems strange that I'm able to create custom properties on Products (like notes, comment, is optional selection, serial number) but they can't be used/pulled into Quotes. I don't think any functionality will change when we sync our product library with our ERP unfortunately. 

HubSpot updates
10 Replies
Karolien
Participant

Hi, 

For our invoices we need to display the 

'Address' of the contact on the invoice/quote

+ the custom property 'VAT-number' of that client.

At the moment it's not possible to add a custom property and as a consequence to display the VAT-number of our clients on the quote, and therefor we can't use the quotes-system of Hubspot.

It would be awesome if it became a possibility to add a custom property to a quote.

ilSerafini
Member | Partner

Hi, 

I think that a necessary features is "Insert VAT Number" in quotes. 

For example, in Italy if you want to present a financing project, you should attach the estimates in your name with company data and VAT number. 

RHornish
Member | Partner

I definitely need custom product properties that are displayed in the quote function as well.  This is definitely a fail when it comes to an actual physical product and not just a SaaS company.  We need something like this!

EliteEx

Yes please, we require to add the VAT number to Quotes - this is essential - please add asap.

laurentthompson

Agreed - please prioritize this. Without it quote function is useless to us. 

OPavaluta

I think this is just basic, VAT number. At least if you are operating globally, if not the deal can't have legal value. It is a pitty that I can't use this feature. Not worth it to move to professional for us now. 

BAndres

It is silly that the product line item allows for a term start date, but the term start date isn't listed on the quote. 

RMartinez6

Quote Auditing and Details are legally required for SOX complaince. Without the abilty to audit approval times, the flow of quotes, the lifecycle of them, and any and all touch points, we could be out of compliance. 

This is a must have ASAP. 

JEpp

Agreed, it is curious to me that you can add custom properties but not make them visible on a quote. The custom properties are not very useful to us the way they are now.

TBucciarelli

For example, I'd like each quote to have a Quote number and I don't want it to be part of the name or description properties.