HubSpot Ideas

Jockk

Custom object upgrades needed

I would be amazing if Hubspot could follow the product enhancements of deals and copy them across to custom objects. 

Things like;

• Playbooks been used in custom objects and updating properties
  • Editable secondard display properties
    • More than 2 secondary display properties 
  • Required properties to enter a stage

Hope this helps, basically anything you can do with a deal or deal pipeline you should be able to do with custom objects. 

Case study for us using custom objects, we need to link deal objects together so we are trying to recreate deals as a custom object.

6 Replies
jj12stars
Contributor

YES! Playbooks would be amazing, and having required properties to enter a new stage would be fantastic! 

JKrantz
Contributor

i am seeing a ton of ideas on custom objects but nothing really in the works.. they saving them for inbound? 

Branatee

It's perplexing that not only do Custom Objects seem to be entirely ignored by HubSpot, but that suggestions around them are also ignored. 

It's weird to me that they don't function exactly like other objects; the architecture seems to be there, the customer desire is there, but the functionality... apparently not. 

jeffvincent
HubSpot Product Team

Hey all, popping in here to reply that YES, we still love Custom Objects and YES, we plan to deliver these features (and more).

• Playbooks support for Custom Objects. No timeline commitment but can confirm it is in the works. We recently shipped the ability to update custom object properties from Playbooks on Contacts etc.
  • Editable secondary display properties. This work is not currently prioritized, but I'm interested in seeing more upvotes / use cases on it.
  • Required properties to enter stage. This one we are committed to getting done as well.
jj12stars
Contributor

What about being able to log emails to custom objects from O365? Is that part of your planning?

jaybaum
Contributor

@jeffvincent  any updates on required properties to enter stage, conditional properties, or even pipeline rules like deals?