HubSpot Ideas

Dylan

Custom object pipelines

Custom objects should have pipelines and a board view to represent the progress of a custom object through a set of stages

37 Replies
CarlssonElkins
Participant

@ybaptiste @Dylan, would love to second @jmbray's request for an update/timeline 😊 Many thanks!

RCTMAP
Participant

Is there any update or beta timeframe for this?

CP-BWG
Contributor

Upvote - all related to conditional properties or "object variants". A custom object should be able to take on the life of any standard object, but with a refined set of properties other than those required to emulate / variant the core object. I hope it doesn't get over complicated. 🙂

@Dylan 

ybaptiste
HubSpot Product Team

Hey HubSpot Community, 

Custom Object pipelines is coming!!!!!  Expect the feature to be in beta in the next few weeks. In about a week or so, we will provide another update with a more precise timeline along with a form to collect customers who are interested in getting early access. 

RCTMAP
Participant

@ybaptiste @Thanks for the update. Will existing objects be updated automatically?

reycepeda
Participant

Can't wait for early access! 

mcannizzo
Participant | Elite Partner

Hey everyone, how do I request early access to this feature?

JessKing86
Participant

would love early access please!

CP-BWG
Contributor

Same - please give us access as well!

Stig
Participant | Diamond Partner

Would also like early access please!

ybaptiste
HubSpot Product Team

Hey HubSpot Community, 

Thank you for your incredible patience here. The team is happy to announce that we will be opening custom object pipelines to beta soon-- allowing customers to create pipelines, define stages, and manage records on board view.  If you currently use custom objects and would like to get early access to custom object pipelines, please fill out this form. We will be giving access to those who fill out the form in the coming weeks. Please be on the look out for an email from the team. 

CP-BWG
Contributor

@ybaptiste We submitted the form when you first release it - will you provide an update to thos of us waiting, or provide some documentation on what to expect in the beta while we wait?

KimFerris
Participant

Hi Dylan,

I have built my first custom object and stumbled on Pipelines for this custom object. I turned it on... and now I can't seem undo it.

Help!

FelipeFelix
Top Contributor

Hello!

@ybaptiste, I'm at the Beta and we should probably start using this feature in the next few weeks - my Test account worked just great!

There is any chance to extend this feature to Contact and Companies? None of my employees want to use these two objects because the list view looks like a Google Sheets - and some of them prefer to use the Google Sheets in this case.

Best,
Felipe Felix

SWilsonA4u
Top Contributor

@ybaptiste  Are piplines now enabled for custom objects? I have a plan to develop a custom object but dont want to brief our developers to build one if I can then have them in a pipeline. Many thanks

JeannieN
HubSpot Product Team

Hello community members,

I'm happy to share that custom object pipelines are available! 🎉

Go ahead and give it a try. As always, we welcome your feedback and ideas. 

We'll continue to work on further enhancing your HubSpot experience. 😊

Cheers,
Jeannie

Saper
Contributor

Frankly, this idea is not fully delivered. You still can't add properties for the pipeline stages of custom objects—which really contradicts with the idea of having stages. As in other cases related to custom objects, again HubSpot fails to deliver the same affordances it has for the default objects—which is a major issue.

Frankly, without the pipeline stage property management, custom object pipeline is quite useless. I could get the same job done by just setting up a property instead of setting up a pipeline. Currently, the only value the pipeline ads is visual aid—which is just a nice-to-have but not the main "job" it is supposed to get done.