HubSpot Ideas

yayo200686

Custom date range control for date picker property on form

Currently, date picker field can pick any date (on the date of visitor visit to website, past date, and future date). 

It would be great if we can have an option to limit or customize the date range. 

My use case is when I create a landing page for visitor to book an appointment for visiting our model house, we ask visitor to provide us with 3 best dates and time. 

We want to customize the date range that visitor can select after 3 days on the day they submit a form. This way, we can arrange and reply to our contact to provide best timing. 

The workaround that I can think of now is using meeting tool, but once a contact book a specific time slot, it will not be available for other contacts, and we want to give flexibile date and time range. 

24 Replies
ablasko

I agree with this idea. We would like to limit the options to select only today's date or a future date, and potentially exclude non-business days and holidays.

We're using the date picker to give the visitor the option to request a time to talk--unfortunately they are submitting past dates, which makes for a poor user experience. Please update these options.

sena
Member | Partner

agree. we need this feature.

Audralyniler

I’m also interested in this idea. I’d like to build a time off request form for our workforce that is deployed to the home, but would like to limit available dates to o lot include those with are 2 weeks from the current date as we require 2 weeks notice for requested time off. 

GeorgeMM

Yes, we would find it really handy to be able to customise/validate the date picker too. As a travel company, we want to stop people inadvertantly selecting a date in the past for the start date of their planned holiday. So a simple "do not allow dates in the past" validation for us would suffice.

thibauls
Contributor

I am also interest

It would be very convenient to be able to prevent the user from choosing a lower date than today's date. Could you add this feature to the configuration of a date field?

Also, it would be really useful to be able to validate if a date is lower or higher than today in a workflow.

In short, this type of validation would give us much more flexibility and reduce the number of errors in our systems.

PeterCrane
Participant

I support this idea.

Most businesses are not open 7 days every week. A calendar whoucl be able to show days when you are not available. This will be a big benefit for customers.

obizmax9

This is important for some form registration.

MFall13
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Thumbs up to this idea! Would be helpful for events and where it isn't appropriate to use meetings links.

M_Thiebault

I support this idea. That would be a great help for our business.

DMusgrove

This is definitley needed.

LWallis

That would be very beneficial for us too. We need customers to select either Mondays or Fridays so it would be great to restrict to only allow this in the date picker.

Walt_SLS
Member | Platinum Partner

We also need this for several clients with large sales teams.

We have forms for leads to select a date and time for a call, but leads pick a past date too often; resulting in a poor user experience.

myn

Yes, please hubspot make it happen. I know you guys have the meetings calendar but that does not allow you to taking mutliple appointments/bookings for the same time. Once a meeting slot is picked by someone else, another cant choose the same time slot, unless you give multiple sales license to multiple users which becomes unncessarily expensive for one feature. We have a financial services part of our business and it would great if we couldve used hubspot forms to take bookings and not use another software to bypass and solve a small issue.

Adityaananda

In our case, we need to have the possibility to offer a specific date in the future for an event that does not happen periodically.
It will be awesome if the option of "time of the day" could be added to this.

Please make it happen!

Thanks

CPSCB
Contributor

@JoeMayall This looks like the same idea you've marked as Not Currently Planned here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Customize-Date-Picker/idi-p/12223

Do the upvotes combined make it worth reviewing again?

JGolden
Participant

Seeing this has been asked about several times for a few years now over a few threads... setting simple in-system date restrictions (cannot select a date less than 7 calendar days out) would be far more valuable than you can realize.

No more constant reminders. No more time/money spent & correcting individual instances over hundreds of records. No more current & new onboardee enablement. No more VP time & energy spent calming frutrations cross-department over SLAs.

WBodansky

Agreed! Need this feature 🙂

RFerguson02

This is definitley needed.

SKollabathula

Hi Hubspot,

I think it is a very trivial requirement. Why is it taking so long to make this feature available? Please, do make it available ASAP>

MFischer
Participant | Platinum Partner

urgently needed!