HubSpot Ideas

CalleMcCann

Custom Subject Line Emojis

We are starting to entertain the idea of using emojis in a subject line, but we'd like to be able to upload our own.

HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
June 06, 2017 05:29 AM

Hey @CalleMcCann could you clarify what you mean by uploading your own? Are you referring to images you/yoru teams design yourself? If so, this is not possible with HubSpot or any other platform.

The emojis that you see today are based on Unicode characters. Unicode is a computing industry standard for the consistent encoding, representation, and handling of text expressed in most of the world's writing systems. Therefore the emojis that are supported by email clients such as Gmail and Outlook are those that have been designed using Unicode e.g. Apple, Android and Chrome. 

While emojis are supported by many major email clients, they may render differently or, in some cases, will not render at all depending on the recipient's email client, browser, and/or operating system.

If I have misunderstood your question, and there is a specific set of Unicode emojis that you would like to see supported then please let me know. Thanks!

2 Replies
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @CalleMcCann could you clarify what you mean by uploading your own? Are you referring to images you/yoru teams design yourself? If so, this is not possible with HubSpot or any other platform.

The emojis that you see today are based on Unicode characters. Unicode is a computing industry standard for the consistent encoding, representation, and handling of text expressed in most of the world's writing systems. Therefore the emojis that are supported by email clients such as Gmail and Outlook are those that have been designed using Unicode e.g. Apple, Android and Chrome. 

While emojis are supported by many major email clients, they may render differently or, in some cases, will not render at all depending on the recipient's email client, browser, and/or operating system.

If I have misunderstood your question, and there is a specific set of Unicode emojis that you would like to see supported then please let me know. Thanks!

CalleMcCann

Yes, I was referring to images our team created; a logo of ours, for example. Thank you for taking the time to clarify and explain a bit.