HubSpot Ideas

StefanWendt

Custom Report Analytics for Ads

Hi together,

in the past weeks we had the same problem several times when it came to custom reports about ads (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Ads) in HubSpot.

Especially for the customer success and reporting team it is important to be able to show custom reports about ads in a dedicated Dashboard.

At the moment HubSpot only offers pre-set reports around ads that can not be edited. Additionally there is the "analyse" area in the "Marketing" -> "Ads" section where reports can be saved to Dashboards, but even these reports can not be edited.

In a nutshell there is no possibility to create a report for a dedicated ad campaign (e.g. for a particular whitepaper ad) where we put together the following information in a table:

• CTR (Click through rate)
  • CAC (Customer Aquisition Cost)
  • Ad spent / cost for ad campaign
  • Ad impressions
  • Ad clicks
  • CPC (Cost per click)
  • Cost per MQL
  • Cost per SQL

I've added 2 screenshots of information that can not be added in reports at the moment and the missing "edit" button at ad-reports.

If you are in the same situation that you want to build Dashboards around your social ads but miss the functions in HubSpot then feel free to give this post a thumb-up.

Best,

Stefan

7 Replies
sRoi_iAI

Following on this! This is very important insight for us. Appreciate if Hubspot would look into this! Thanks!

_joshm

My brain refuses to believe this is possible. Our company starts the onboarding process in January, and I'm ready to kinda-sorta throw a fit about a lack of custom ad campaign reporting. Feels like a bare minimum no-brainer to include in the software.

BPolitzer

Stefan - I'm curious what you ended up doing in this case? And if you used a third party product what did you use and how did you set it up?

Thanks! Ben

LH01

this would be a helpful function indeed

DColeman7
Participant

Likewise I want to show my boss a view of total Cost by Ad Network, by month etc. And then amount of leads/deals generated for that spend. 

I can get that information from the Ads analytics section, but I cant place that data into our monthly reporting dashboards. 

As the information is in Hubspot already, it would be great to be able to use it in the report builder! 

Thanks

Duncan

RJaglan
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Absolutely we need it @StefanWendt. I came across this issue today while creating custom reports for the ads account. There aren't enough options to have a proper funnel report for the ads in HubSpot.

EPrins2

Still much needed!