HubSpot Ideas

VagaeNatus

Custom Objects

We need the ability to create custom objects to represent the reality and link them to currently existing objects (contacts, companies and deals). 

Like in Salesforce and Zoho...

26 Replies
BeckieA

This would solve so many problems we're having trying to make HubSpot fit our data and working methods in the same way that Salesforce did!

Dylan
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot community! I'm excited to let you all know that as of today we have delivered custom objects to all Enterprise accounts. Learn more about the feature on HubSpot.com or, get down to details with the custom objects knowledge base article.

BeckieA

That's great, but do you have plans to release this to Professional accounts?

JohnPolish
Participant

sue-hughes-OzMleYUe5vQ-unsplash.jpg

Just enterprise? Seems like a mistake.

1. Custom objects is a common feature in CRMs.

2. It's not relevant to business size (e.g. professional vs enterprise). Every business uses custom objects to adapt software to their industry and processes. It's a feature that expands appeal.

You've got a way to make the software appeal to a huge swath of new industries, but instead decide to use it to make one product appeal just a little more to a fraction of your existing clientele [See image of horse with blinders].

It makes sense if management wants their market cap to remain 5% the size of Salesforce's.

It should be available on professional.

VagaeNatus
Key Advisor

Having this delivered is good news and I can understand why HS keeps this feature for the most advanced subscriptions.

Yet, it's really painful to wait for new features and see them coming in the version we can't afford.

Oh actually, there is even worth than that: there is requesting a feature on Hubspot ideas 3 years ago, getting the community to vote for it, getting Hubspot to look into it, spending time with Hubspot's PM to answer questions on video calls, seeing Hubspot CTO say it's a major feature (while staff did not even know what an object is when I was asking for it) and then... seeing the feature being only available to enterprise when you run on professional.

@Dylan : how about a free upgrade for the feature requesters? 😉

darshakparmar
Participant

Thank you for delivering this idea. Although, disappointed to see that there is no option of creating custom objects from the HubSpot web UI, which would have been very useful for superadmins. You should have really considered the idea given by @basil in his post. Why do I need to use APIs for a simple task of creating an object?