Custom Objects

We need the ability to create custom objects to represent the reality and link them to currently existing objects (contacts, companies and deals). 

Like in Salesforce and Zoho...

6 Replies
TrujayJay
Regular Contributor

We get this request with the majority of the migrations we perform. Often, customers have to either abandon data or move it over in a way that isn't usable, so I look forward to hearing when HS will allow for the creation of custom objects.

basil
Top Contributor

We are considering to move to Zendesk due to this limitation: https://www.zendesk.com/platform/

Basically Zendesk Sunshine is based on the idea of custom objects.

basil
Top Contributor

I can illustrate in more detail how this could look like and what would help in our case

Background

Mockups

Create new object

screenshot.png

Define relationships of object in a wizard when creating it or on a page above the custom properties for each new object.

screenshot.png

Alternatively an MVP could also be to come up with some kind of JSON definition of objects and their relationship (copied form Zendesk)screenshot.png

Then show custom objects in selected menu. If clicked show either table or pipeline.

screenshot.png

basil
Top Contributor

Some more slides that might explain the concept of custom objects better than I did in my post above. This would be really helpful and extend the scope of Hubspot dramatically.

screenshot.pngscreenshot.pngOther objects could be deliveries/parcels, subcomponents of devices, credit notes, loaner devices.screenshot.pngscreenshot.png

ThePaulShin
Occasional Contributor

I come from a Salesforce background, and the inability to create custom objects and establish relationships is making it very difficult to use Hubspot as a true CRM alternative. I would love to see this functionality added.

VagaeNatus
Advisor

@TrujayJay , @basil , @ThePaulShin we trully want this feature like you. Any chance you could get some more people to vote for it? I am pushing this idea in the forum to similar conversations.