HubSpot Ideas

DTadd1

Custom Object Automatic Association with other Native Records

My sales team regularly creates custom object records and associates them with deals, companies, and contacts. It would save a lot of time for them if from the custom object record creation form, deals and companies were automatically associated with the new record.

This seems possible, becuase already a deal is associated by default when you start the custom object record creation process from a deal record right hand side bar. The Company and Contact fields should populate by default with whatever records are already associated with the deal.

Example:

This 'Job Opening' creation form automatically associated a deal because I added a new Job Opening from that Deal record. The deal has associated Companies and Contacts, and they should also be included in these field by default.

DTadd1_0-1646885731699.png

1 Reply
JonathanS
Contributor | Elite Partner

Hey @DTadd1!

Are you trying ot automate the process of associating the custom object to Contacts and Companies?

If the standard and  have a common property (Such as a Unique ID or Company Name) you can use Associ8 to automatically associate the objects.

Here is an example of what a workflow might look like:

contact-to-partner.png

If you want to hop on a call I would love to explore your use case and help you build a work flow to achieve this! Feel free to shoot me a message so we can setup a meeting.

Thanks,

-Jonathan