Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Custom Fields to Products

Right now, the products feature only supports 1) the product name, 2) the product quantity, 3) the product cost, and 4) recurring or fixed price.

It would be incredible if I could associate custom fields with products. In my world, I need to be able to add things like Unit of Measurement (which, could be a drop-down feature).

This would make product reporting amazing for my company.

47 Replies
ahh
New Contributor

I agree - Need to be able to add unlimited custom fields. It would make this feature so much more functional.

clioi
Top Contributor

Agreed - It'd be great to remove the 'Products' field from the create deal form as well, at the moment it's a default field.

Ocadman
New Contributor

This would be critical for us to adopt Hubspot as our CRM - which we're currently reviewing

CCIlumia
Regular Visitor
  • SKU
  • Supplier
  • Photos
  • Bar code
XiomaraHerlo
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone! 

It will be grat to see HubSpot allows us create and pick properties for products. This will be a easy way to keep the products organized by brand or solution.

Do you know if HubSpot is working in something like this?

wadlington
New Contributor

I completely agree! It would be extremely beneficial for us to have the same sort of customer property  and customer form functionality that lies in the contact, company, and deal screens.

CaseyLeBrun
Occasional Contributor

We are setting up the Ecommerce Bridge API and the lack of a list of all Product Properties is very frustrating. We need at least a way to see the product properties we have to work with.

Aaron-WC
Occasional Contributor

One problem we have in our company is keeping a really nice product database. We were talking today and what we really want is a database for products that is extremely similar to how your contact database is structured.

I know Hubspot is not an ERP solution, but this may be a great feature to consider since you almost already have an exact system built.

We use our product catalog to 

• Create line sheets, catalogs, and order proofs.
  • Our sales team constantly sends product photos.
  • Get pricing
  • Determine deal lead time
  • Determine deal profitability

Features that would be nice

• A database similar to contacts ( Structured fields with a schema like formatting )
  • Ability for custom fields ( We could store additional details, pdf sheets, approval documents )
  • Store images ( great for line sheets )
  • Exporting ( Import it to accounting software )
  • Ability to comment other team members ( Hey, this product description is off )
  • Lots of numbers, SKU's, barcodes, GTINs, and more ( great for opening more channels quickly with accurate info )

Just wanted to pass along.

Tilo
New Contributor

We would also need to add customized fields to the product entity. We cant treally use the product feature without the capability to add custom fields.

Tilo
New Contributor

Also it would be very helpful if products can be adapted as part or workflows. Currently products are not part of workflows at all.