HubSpot Ideas

codymiles512

Custom Fields to Products

Right now, the products feature only supports 1) the product name, 2) the product quantity, 3) the product cost, and 4) recurring or fixed price.

It would be incredible if I could associate custom fields with products. In my world, I need to be able to add things like Unit of Measurement (which, could be a drop-down feature).

This would make product reporting amazing for my company.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
April 10, 2020 11:24 AM

Hi all - we are happy to say we've just released this feature to all hubs with Products.  You may now edit/create product properties from Settings > Properties.

Thanks!

March 26, 2020 05:36 AM

Hi everyone - thanks to those who have tested this and provided feedback!  We are aiming to roll this out to all users within the next month, please stay tuned!

March 12, 2020 05:49 AM

Hi everyone!  We are now accepting a handful of beta testers for the initial release of custom Product Properties.  Our initial beta is suitable for companies looking to create properties for products and line items, and use/see them within reporting. 

If you are interested in being part of this beta, and willing to provide some feedback after checking it out, please direct message me with your hub ID and info on your use case fort his feature, and I'll follow up with next steps.

Thanks!

February 05, 2020 09:36 AM

Hi all - we are actively developing this feature.  Hope to begin testing a beta this quarter.  Thanks for bearing with us!

September 18, 2019 01:43 PM

Hi all!  We are currently in the process of developing this functionality.  We recognize the value here and are excited to roll this out.  We will share additional updates as we are able.

In Planning
September 18, 2019 01:41 PM

131 Replies
ahh

I agree - Need to be able to add unlimited custom fields. It would make this feature so much more functional.

clioi
Top Contributor

Agreed - It'd be great to remove the 'Products' field from the create deal form as well, at the moment it's a default field.

Ocadman
Participant

This would be critical for us to adopt Hubspot as our CRM - which we're currently reviewing

CCIlumia
  • SKU
  • Supplier
  • Photos
  • Bar code
XiomaraHerlo
Participant

Hi everyone! 

It will be grat to see HubSpot allows us create and pick properties for products. This will be a easy way to keep the products organized by brand or solution.

Do you know if HubSpot is working in something like this?

wadlington

I completely agree! It would be extremely beneficial for us to have the same sort of customer property  and customer form functionality that lies in the contact, company, and deal screens.

CaseyLeBrun
Participant | Elite Partner

We are setting up the Ecommerce Bridge API and the lack of a list of all Product Properties is very frustrating. We need at least a way to see the product properties we have to work with.

Aaron-WC
Contributor

One problem we have in our company is keeping a really nice product database. We were talking today and what we really want is a database for products that is extremely similar to how your contact database is structured.

I know Hubspot is not an ERP solution, but this may be a great feature to consider since you almost already have an exact system built.

We use our product catalog to 

• Create line sheets, catalogs, and order proofs.
  • Our sales team constantly sends product photos.
  • Get pricing
  • Determine deal lead time
  • Determine deal profitability

Features that would be nice

• A database similar to contacts ( Structured fields with a schema like formatting )
  • Ability for custom fields ( We could store additional details, pdf sheets, approval documents )
  • Store images ( great for line sheets )
  • Exporting ( Import it to accounting software )
  • Ability to comment other team members ( Hey, this product description is off )
  • Lots of numbers, SKU's, barcodes, GTINs, and more ( great for opening more channels quickly with accurate info )

Just wanted to pass along.

Tilo

We would also need to add customized fields to the product entity. We cant treally use the product feature without the capability to add custom fields.

Tilo

Also it would be very helpful if products can be adapted as part or workflows. Currently products are not part of workflows at all.

jeffkan
Participant

we want this too. 

spacheco
Participant

We want this too!  We want to add items like a anticipated product delivery date and a GL Account code or financial category.  Additionally, need all of these fields included for reporting with deals and ability to export information.

basil
Key Advisor

+1, without custom product properties it is very hard to integrate products properly.

Also we would need computational properties in quotes (discount tiers as product property that can then be conditionally selected in a quote).

Jindee

I agree, as a real estate busineess we would like to attched custom fields to each product (8 - 10 fields) so that we can sort by different variables

Please let us know how soon this can be done??

Yazz
Top Contributor

Wholeheartedly agree. We use PandaDoc now and it gives us the ability to itemize certain products since each of our products can be customized to the likings of the Customer.

Product A:

Item 1

Item 2

Item 3

Product B:

Item 1

Item 2

Item 3

That way the customer can see what goes into a system and not just the product itself. Quite important in our world. At this point in time, we have no use for either add-on 😞

Jennyv
Member | Diamond Partner

This would be great!

tomas212
Participant

Couldn't agree more. Right now we can not incorporate HubSpot due to the lack of info we can store about products. 

It would be great if there was similar product database like the contacts one. I am talking about ID's (maybe barcode), SKU's, some kind of pricebooks, our costs and definitely custom properties. What a shame. 

Sergiork08

It would be awesome to add as many fields as we want. I want to get the MKT Pro, but as a B2B company, having limited products fields is holding me (and my boss) back.

dc-usa
Contributor

This would be very important to us as well. Please rush this!

cminter
Participant

The fact that Sku is not already built in to this solution for products is a major painpoint and I'm personally concerned that this was not a field included from the get-go - what companies don't use unique identifiers for their products?  Why wouldn't this already be a property for a product?  As it stands now, even with setting up Sku as a custom property, not being able to view or modify this value directly through the interface, and additionally not being able to search by a custom property field, is a major fail - the sooner that custom properties are added to the interface, the better.