HubSpot Ideas

codymiles512

Custom Fields to Products

Right now, the products feature only supports 1) the product name, 2) the product quantity, 3) the product cost, and 4) recurring or fixed price.

It would be incredible if I could associate custom fields with products. In my world, I need to be able to add things like Unit of Measurement (which, could be a drop-down feature).

This would make product reporting amazing for my company.

131 Replies
HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

@dnelson How do we get signed up for the Beta? Any updates on timeline? 

Thanks!

jj12stars
Contributor

@dnelson I would also like to be invited to a beta.

kimnguyen
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @dnelson, likewise if possible. Many customers request this on our end. 
Thanks a a bunch!

dnelson
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone!  We are now accepting a handful of beta testers for the initial release of custom Product Properties.  Our initial beta is suitable for companies looking to create properties for products and line items, and use/see them within reporting. 

If you are interested in being part of this beta, and willing to provide some feedback after checking it out, please direct message me with your hub ID and info on your use case fort his feature, and I'll follow up with next steps.

Thanks!

aruniyer
Participant

Hello

Would like to see an option to add custom fields/properties to the "Products Library"

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

jj12stars
Contributor

@JoeMayall @dnelson Would love to be in the beta - Hubspot user since 2014! Please pick me:)

bradytraeder
Contributor

Would also like to be included-thanks!

david_long

Hi - our Hub ID is 5004089 

We have been asking for this from day 1 and would love to be one of the BETA team. FYI - we are a SAP reseller and have plenty of resource to throw at testing and exploiting this function. #endofpitch 

Thanks

David

dnelson
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone - thanks to those who have tested this and provided feedback!  We are aiming to roll this out to all users within the next month, please stay tuned!

mark_poyser
Participant

Great news. Look forward to seeing the finshed result. Are you able provide any detail on what the functionality offers, either via screen shots or a data sheet. Is it going to be limitless on the number of custom fields that can be created against Products? Also, how does this affect Quotes? Can we determine what is displayed in a quote?

Thank you

Mark  Poyser

aruniyer
Participant

Hi David et all

I am now able to see the ability to add new properties to "Products".  Thank you so much for adding this feature. 

I am not able to see a way to customize the Products view though - can you please advise if that is also in the works ?

Thanks

Arun

bcartwright
Participant

Hi there, I need this feature ASAP for a project to associate our Shopify Orders with deals in our B2B pipelines. Adding custom product properties will allow us to create a "Shopify Product ID" property on HubSpot versions of those products that we can then use for matching purposes in custom integrations. Any chance I can get access or get an update on when this will be released? 

dnelson
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all - we are happy to say we've just released this feature to all hubs with Products.  You may now edit/create product properties from Settings > Properties.

Thanks!

Aaron-WC
Contributor

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!

Thanks Hubspot team!

bcartwright
Participant

Much appreciated! Thank you!

jj12stars
Contributor

@dnelson Thanks for this! Question - is there a way to show these fields on the quote that goes to the customer? I can't figure that part out.

rmitchell1
Contributor

This may belong as a new Idea Post, but thought it was fitting to include it in this post's comments since this post started the conversation with respect to custom product properties.

Regarding product properties, the options contained within the "price" group are somewhat limiting. Under field type, for values you can only select "number".  It doesn't give you the ability to identify what kind of number you're entering.  For example, is it a whole number, or a percentage.  If we want to make a custom product property to account for subagent commissions, we may want to enter in a flat amount (to reduce the total amount) or enter in a percentage of the total amount. It doesnt appear we can account for this minor variability with the current product property capabilities. 

However, I know similar functionality already exists elsewhere in HubSpot.  If you add a product from the product library, then  edit the property (via the deal line item editor) by selecting the pencil next to the unit price, you're able to switch the discount between % and USD (in my case only USD, others may have multiple currencies).  If that functionality could be applied to the field type options within the price group then I think this would solve a lot of accounting and commission limitations within HubSpot's product properties. Here is a screenshot of the Unit Price Discount.

Unit Price Discount Screen Shot ExampleUnit Price Discount Screen Shot Example

Kierstin
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Will this include the ability to attach an image to the product, or additional files? 

TonyD
Participant

I have several items I need for products. We have customers with multiple sites so we need to be abale to add multiple address's to a propposal.

We also have some products that have a set up fee and monthly charge. so need it to be like this

Product     Number of     Initial Charge  Each     Initial Charge Total   Monthly Charge Ea  Monthly Charge Total  Delivery Site   

And then the calculations flow through. There could be as many as 100 sites for a single order of a single product.