HubSpot Ideas

codymiles512

Custom Fields to Products

Right now, the products feature only supports 1) the product name, 2) the product quantity, 3) the product cost, and 4) recurring or fixed price.

It would be incredible if I could associate custom fields with products. In my world, I need to be able to add things like Unit of Measurement (which, could be a drop-down feature).

This would make product reporting amazing for my company.

131 Commentaires
LauraA
Contributeur

Absolutely need this. We need the ability to add custom fields and if possible "calculated" fields as some of our items are very custom and priced by calculated metrics (some of the fields we use can already be found in HubSpot in the Company fields so it would be great to have a calculated field that uses them), but we would also be happy to just have the ability to add Custom properties the same as in Companies/Contacts, etc.

basil
Conseiller clé

This is really essential. We currently use products in a combination with pandadoc. However, in pandadoc documents we have values like SKU... aaand the whole thing starts to break down because we cannot properly feed such fields from Hubspot.

Custom properties for tickets, deals, contacts, companies are awesome. Make products a real object too!

Obi
Membre

yes, it would be great if there are customizeble fields in the products. 

Noam-TP
Membre

Agree, it would be great if we can customizable fields in the products

smeers
Membre

We have the similar situation, when creating a quote, we would not only like to pick a product, but we have sub categories under each Product, that we would like to be able to pick from to be seen on the quote. 

Please advise. 

Cos
Membre

Would be great to have Products under the 'Properties' inside 'Settings' and have all the same options for customising fields like Contacts, Companies, Deal and Tickets. I

Cos
Membre

Would be great to have Products under the 'Properties' inside 'Settings' and have all the same options for customising fields like Contacts, Companies, Deal and Tickets.

leesuker
Participant

We are a telco with hundreds of products - all of which has unique attributes that sales need to tweak.  Without custom attributes the products are pretty useless - since I cannot use the CRM as the master data set for sales - I need a different sales tool which can then be integrated into provisioning tools

Shades
Participant

Product Custom Fields - 18 months since this was introduced here.  This is both the biggest deficiency and biggest opportunity in Sales Hub.  For my company, it would extend the usefullness and automation of the sytems we integrate with.  IT would extend the automation within Hubspot.  It would reduce our Product List by a factor of 5!  It would make Hubspot so much more capable.

PLEASE make this happen soon!

cohan
Participant

This is a critical step to make the product competitive with just about every proposal tool on the market. 

pzemansky
Membre

I just called support asking for answers to how to make custom properties for products... cuz, ya know... since you can do it for contacts and deals, etc... but, alas, I was given the "go here and upvote this and perhaps our engineers will take note." So, here I am - upvoting this feature. Not sure if, considering this feature request is over a year old, it even makes a difference. But... UPVOTE THIS ISH!!!!!  This is something we'd be using for our CRM as well as some of our clients!!  THANKS!

Triton
Membre

I agree, you should be able to add properties to products about packaging and contents more than just in the discriptions. 
This should be added!

jomzjomzjomz
Membre

Agreed. It would be really convenient if there were a function to match properties that certain customers are interested in to properties held by products in a long product list. In order to do this, there would need to be customizable property fields for products.

rico1411
Participant

I totally agree. One member mentioned creating a structure similar to Company Properties or Contact Properties. Even if we could just use the custom properties of deals and use it displayed in the product section. Maybe you create that association, don't think it should be hard. Things we'd need would be SKU, Tax Info, ability to add the discount and show MSRP Pricing. Please, Please add this feature.

LauraVSS
Membre

It would be really helpful if we could add a customized field to this.

BradleyE
Participant

Due to the lack of custom properties for Products, we've had to resort to tracking specific details on our SaaS products within the Deal. However, this means we've also had to increase both the number of Deal Pipelines and split what should be a bundled "Deal" into multiple Deals.

While the work-around is doable, it creates more development tasks for our programmer as well as increases bandwidth requirements as deals are processed -- since they have to adjust 2 to 3 deals when making sales instead of a single Deal with the product bundled within.

Statut mis à jour : In Planning
dnelson
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

dnelson
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi all!  We are currently in the process of developing this functionality.  We recognize the value here and are excited to roll this out.  We will share additional updates as we are able.

Carsten
Participant | Partenaire solutions Platinum

this is great news. Thanks, dnelson!

BlueVennMktg
Membre

Agreed this would be very valuable to our business as well.