HubSpot Ideas

codymiles512

Custom Fields to Products

Right now, the products feature only supports 1) the product name, 2) the product quantity, 3) the product cost, and 4) recurring or fixed price.

It would be incredible if I could associate custom fields with products. In my world, I need to be able to add things like Unit of Measurement (which, could be a drop-down feature).

This would make product reporting amazing for my company.

131 Comentarios
TC240
Miembro

Went to bulk import products from spreadsheet and there is no field for a SKU or catalog number?  I guess I will now try to add the sku to the end of the product name.  Like the other users who've commented, it's hard to understand why there isn't a field for sku/catalog number or the ability to customize a field for this value.

John_Deguara
Participante

Hi All 

We are looking at how to solve a requirement when it comes to selecting a product for a sale within a Deal. 

We need to have the option of a dropdown list of items of which one can be selected along with a product when doing so from within Deals.

I.e. 

Step 1 

Create Deal 

Step2

Attach Product 1 to deal  

Step3

Select Property for that product e.g. type or category etc. 

Property would be requried per product. So;

1. If product 1 was ordered once, then the properties would be prompted to be entered once 

2. If product1 was ordered with a quantity of 2 then the properties would be prompted twice, once for each unit of product 

3. If 1 of product1 and 1 of product2 was ordered then the properties would be prompted twice once per product. 

We will then out put this information to fulfilment software via an API. 

I was directed to place this in this feature request which seems to be well aligned. 

Kind Regards

John 

LizO
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Elite

My company too can't make HubSpot our 'Hub' for quoting.  We need the flexability of custom properties like you can add to contact, company and deal records.  

Custom properties also need to be set as text, monetary value or percentage.  Similar to the way excel lets you format a cell.  

The price table on the quote also needs to have the option to select what properties (default & custom) are shown.  

Then we can make HubSpot our true Sales Hub.  

And if we are asking for the world, make a hyperlink available too.  We have 8.5x11 sized specification sheets that would be great to link to.  Not everyone can put a thumnail image of their product right in the table.  

Ryno
Miembro

I believe this to be critical to using Products. We are down the Product path but likely need to roll back and use a different process. For example there is no "amount in company currency" on Product so Product reporting is useless in my multi-currency world but I only want to report on new Deal Products...not the full amount of a Deal which also includes renewals.

Carsten
Participante | Partner nivel Platinum

Looking forward seeing implementation of nearly all the mentioned ideas in this thread. I want to add the ability to make products optional and to decide which ones shuld be added to grand total.

Right now, HubSpot quotes is just for very basic ans straight forward quotes and not a solution for a new business sales proces..

Bettinarf
Colaborador

This is really necessary!!!!

tim-bsn
Miembro

Agreed. This is such a basic feature to have. Salesforce have had this ability for close to 10 years. Seems odd that HS dont have this basic capability

Aaron-WC
Colaborador

Some ideas for the Hubspot team.

What most of us are describing is a PIM tool. I discovered it after looking into them, and there seem to be a few good ones. Akeneo, Plytix, and Jasper appear to be the three best cloud options. There's some pretty cool features to draw from.

Keep up the awesome work!

Bettinarf
Colaborador

Is there any update from Huspot Around this feature¿?

Thanks

Bettinarf
Colaborador

This is really necessary!!!

david_long
Miembro

Products are not as simple as HubSpot thinks they are. We would like to be able to add additional fields, such as product type, class etc

Elsystems
Participante

I am simply amazed at the lack of Product specific options in Hubspot.  This seems to be a critical missing piece of the sales process.

ingramleedy
Colaborador

Yes.  This would make sense.  Especially if you want to sync to Shopify or other e-commerce solutions.   Currently, the products syncing with HubSpot from Shopify are very generic and contain no variants or options.

LaurenKeane
Participante

Totally agree with this!

It would also be really helpful to be able to sort the list of products in a way that is meaningful to us. Currently it is sorted by which product was added last and cannot be changed.

We have certain products that are used more often than others so it would be extremely useful to be able to have them at the top of the list when adding products to a deal.

Cheers

Bettinarf
Colaborador

This is also important for us

joell
Miembro

This is such as well designed service overall. Such a shame that we can't add custom fields to products. Just like other we need all kind of custom attribute to integrate with our other LoB apps: Part number, Category, etc..

selism
Miembro

Hubspot Team, do you have this on your roadmap?

cathyc
Miembro

Products features doesn't fit B2B sales of a good - more geared to services provider.  Need to be able to add custom fields to suit my business needs. 

Bettinarf
Colaborador

True, this is a must for B2B companies. 

jerlanger
Miembro

this should be pretty easy to do and would add a lot of functinality right now products are almost useless